Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 12, 2017
This is a wonderful movie, though I do recommend watching the first one before this one if you haven't seen either yet. It is a movie both kids and parents can enjoy, with kid friendly humor, secret agents, the goofy minions, romance, and it is adorable seeing the relationship between Gru and his adopted daughters progress. This is up their on my list of favorite movies and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

As a side note, I couldn't get amazon's video service to work with my chrome cast through my iPhone, so I ended up sending it to the screen via a computer instead. That is not a problem with the movie itself, but something to keep in mind if you buy it digitally with the hope of immediately streaming it to your chrome cast like I did.
on December 8, 2017
I already reviewed this movie, but it keeps showing up in my review list with just the 5 stars highlighted. If they're waiting for a better review, they're wasting my time. I already gave it a top review. We loved the movie and have watched it dozens of times.
on December 31, 2013
My inlaws said this was "too long" when they went to see it in the theater. I guess you have to be a lover of Despicable Me and the minions to appreciate. This is a wonderful movie. When this movie came out in the theaters, I was concerned about the transition of Gru from a villain and into another role. I didn't see it in the theaters, so this purchase was something that had to be done.

The plot is fun, the minions still make me laugh (and most importantly, remind me that even as an adult in my 40s, sometimes being goofy and having fun is what's important), and the best part of all: My daughter LOVES this as much as the first Despicable Me.
on June 23, 2017
These movies never fail to make me laugh, but it's definitely not highbrow humor....which is a plus in my book. Sometimes flatulence is just funny, as are little yellow Minions making those noises, or saying "butt" then laughing hysterically. That being said, the animation lives up to Pixar's supreme standards as does the funny, loveable story line. All in all, a great family movie, with a bit of bathroom humor, but not much. Love it!
on November 28, 2017
Obviously the movies are great. This advertised the digital hd copy which was not included. Purchase from a trusted source instead. This was also sold as "New" and there were smudge marks on the actual dad's. C'mon Amazon!
on July 9, 2015
It's been three days and I am still laughing. Good humor, clean fun and great visuals for kids and adults alike. I can see why this grouping of comic/cartoon characters has achieved such success. Can't wait to watch the second one. The movie has monsters, creepy techies, comic references to greedy bankers; it puts villains in a different light and suggests that even the most sinister and detached villain can be redeemed by the love of children. Yeah for humanity
on December 8, 2016
SUCH a cute movie! It was happily surprising and oh-so hilarious! Definitely my favorite out of the three movie franchise!
on May 4, 2017
Along with Shrek, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc. and Toy Story.......this house thought this was a masterful, clever, hilarious and hugely loving/warm movie. Every age can love this. Just wonderful.
on May 9, 2014
Here, Gru has settled into a somewhat normal life with his adopted daughters as he manufactures jams and jellies, but it is easy to see that while he can give into the normalcy of his life, others can not. Dr. Nefario, his assistant has decided to move on to better opportunities, leaving Gru behind. It is at this time, that Gru discovers his life is not quite as complete as he had hoped as his daughters and a pushy neighbor have decided to help push him into the dating scene, with some rather strange results. Along comes Lucy Wilde, an agent for the anti-villain league who has orders to bring in Gru to recruit his help when a top secret lab and the serum they were working on goes missing. Gru reluctantly agrees and they find their hunting ground is the nearby mall. In the meantime, someone is kidnapping the minions and turning them into unstoppable monsters. Gru recognizes El Macho, a villain thought dead and soon discovers how fathers feel about their daughters dating for the first time when Margo discovers Antonio-who just happens to be the son of the villain they are seeking. Lucy discovers that Gru is the person she has come to love, and Doctor Nefario has to decide between his new job--and family when Gru steps in to save Lucy--and his minions from the notorious El Macho.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Both this, and the original Despicable Me are wonderful flights of fancy that appeal to adults who haven't lost their imagination as well as children who are still holding onto theirs! I'm not a bit fan of cartoony movies, but there have been perhaps 10 that I've really enjoyed...and this as well as the first, are in that group for me!