Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 20, 2015
A sequel that is equally hilarious and as entertaining as its original movie! My family loved that this movie expanded on the lovable characters of Despicable Me AND had us laughing ourselves silly. The evil minions where such a nice twist! Gru's love interest was adorably spunky and an ace agent, too! Loved the new characters!

Now, where can I purchase a guacamole hat???!
review image
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 25, 2018
My son bought this movie twice, the first time I was refunded by Amazon, the second time I felt ashamed to say, "My 1 yr. old knows my parental control password and used it to treat himself to this movie... may I please have ANOTHER refund pretty please?" Sadly that's what happened, I've caught him putting the password whenever he wants to watch a movie and I had to change it to something else (no.. my password wasn't 1111 or something like that)
Since we're stuck w. it through my kids had to watch it several times, and the one that bought it watches it religiously every other night on his tablet. He is 1 going on 61 it is funny to see him being so independent... I know hide to unlock the movie though.
on July 25, 2017
My kids have watched this movie multiple times. We highly recommend this movie and the first Despicable Me movie.

P.S. People we've talked to sometimes get the various Minions-related movies mixed up. Please note that we do NOT recommend the first Minions movie, which has the character Scarlett Overkill...my eldest copies her every movement and motion. We tried to allow her to watch that Minions movie and tried to teach her not to copy Scarlett's bad traits and actions but we were not successful. So, while she's in this phase (2.5-3 yrs), we have decided to temporarily move it to our hidden DVD library :) until she's older and better able to understand our guidance. Other than Scarlett Overkill, whose character is too "over" the top for me, the Minions movie is funny and well-done; but, it is only suitable for older kids. I'm not an expert, but my personal recommendation would be for children at least 7-8 years old, depending on each child's maturity progression.
on August 6, 2017
Wow! Gru meets a female 007 that fights villains? Yep, submarine car and all. "All's well that ends well", just like "Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing". Turns out that Gru's career as a villain qualifies him to identify and combat villainy, and whereas he begins with minions, three little girls, an evil scientist protégé, and a "dog", he ends up with all that and one big girl to boot.
My kids are obsessed with minions and this movie is really cute. I have to admit I kind of love it too. It's nice to see Margo, Edith, and Agnes back and trying to hook Gru up with a girlfriend. So cute, loved the history of how the minions came to be. Wasn't my impression, I thought they were created in a lab, apparently not!
Despicable Me 2 is really a great movie - it's cute, uplifting, and really funny. The story focuses on Gru's (the main character who is voiced by Steve Carrell) attempt to locate a villain who is using a dangerous compound called PX-40 to transform good into evil. Along the way, we learn a lot about Gru's daughters (Agnes, Edith and Margo), Dr. Nefario, Agent Lucy from the AVL, and Silas Ramsbottom, who is part of the hysterical 'bottom' scene.

But the stars of the show, far and away, are the minions. They are simply hysterical in every way, from their language to their actions to how they fit into the story. This film makes you want to see a story just about the minions!! I have seen the movie about 5 times so far (my daughters love it) and each time I find something the minions say or do which I didn't notice before.

This isn't a movie just for kids, so don't avoid it for that reason. A lot of the humor is subtle but appropriate for adults. And the minions, while seeming to be characters designed for kids, are far from that.

Of all the sequels I've seen, this is one of those that outperforms the original - by a long shot! So if you haven't seen it, take the time to enjoy this hilarious movie!! You won't be sorry!
on May 31, 2017
I don't like this as good as the first, but I initially didn't like the first movie and it took a few watches to enjoy it. The minions and kids are always great. I think part of the reason I didn't like this movie was the villain in it. Even though Vector was a loser in the first movie, he was still fun to watch. I'm looking forward to the third Despicable Me. The villain in it looks neat.
on March 12, 2015
Hilarious family fun and even better than the first one (I didn't think that would be possible). This absolutely should have won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film over "Frozen," which was riding the "Let It Go" hype at the time of the awards season. The minions are a catchy, brilliant creation and I'll take the message of love that Gru has for his adopted girls and how love of family an conquer evil over the syrupy "I choose my sister over a man" silliness that "Frozen" represents. This movie will stand the test of time...great vocal acting and writing. We finally get to see the fart gun in action!! "I'm not afraid of your jelly guns." "Oh, this ain't no jelly gun, sunshine." Awesome. :)
on May 9, 2014
Here, Gru has settled into a somewhat normal life with his adopted daughters as he manufactures jams and jellies, but it is easy to see that while he can give into the normalcy of his life, others can not. Dr. Nefario, his assistant has decided to move on to better opportunities, leaving Gru behind. It is at this time, that Gru discovers his life is not quite as complete as he had hoped as his daughters and a pushy neighbor have decided to help push him into the dating scene, with some rather strange results. Along comes Lucy Wilde, an agent for the anti-villain league who has orders to bring in Gru to recruit his help when a top secret lab and the serum they were working on goes missing. Gru reluctantly agrees and they find their hunting ground is the nearby mall. In the meantime, someone is kidnapping the minions and turning them into unstoppable monsters. Gru recognizes El Macho, a villain thought dead and soon discovers how fathers feel about their daughters dating for the first time when Margo discovers Antonio-who just happens to be the son of the villain they are seeking. Lucy discovers that Gru is the person she has come to love, and Doctor Nefario has to decide between his new job--and family when Gru steps in to save Lucy--and his minions from the notorious El Macho.
on February 10, 2014
Despicable Me 2 is wonderful. As a parent of two (10 & 3) there are a lot of kids or family friendly movies that play frequently at our house. This movie (and Despicable Me) are two that I never grow tired of having on because not only are they good fun but they somehow manage to keep things fresh and entertaining even after you've seen them two dozen times.

This movie takes place not long after the first, Gru has given up his criminal endeavors and is focusing on raising his three daughters and crafting a "delicious" line of jams and jellies. The tranquil life of parenthood proves elusive however as another villain has recently stolen a secret formula which can create mindless, indestructible super baddies. Helping Gru, aside from his trusty minions (who are hilarious as ever) is Penny, a wonderful sidekick and potential love interest on the hunt through the local mall to find out who isn't really who they seem to be.

Thankfully, there is a lot going on in this picture that not only keeps kiddos entertained, but it also has some great material for parents. I would classify this as super safe family entertainment. There really isn't any themes or content that I grimace through and we, as a family, very much hope that this is a series that continues on (with the same cast of course). The minions might need their own spin off movie, those little guys are hilarious!