Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 25, 2018
My son bought this movie twice, the first time I was refunded by Amazon, the second time I felt ashamed to say, "My 1 yr. old knows my parental control password and used it to treat himself to this movie... may I please have ANOTHER refund pretty please?" Sadly that's what happened, I've caught him putting the password whenever he wants to watch a movie and I had to change it to something else (no.. my password wasn't 1111 or something like that)
Since we're stuck w. it through my kids had to watch it several times, and the one that bought it watches it religiously every other night on his tablet. He is 1 going on 61 it is funny to see him being so independent... I know hide to unlock the movie though.
on July 25, 2017
My kids have watched this movie multiple times. We highly recommend this movie and the first Despicable Me movie.

P.S. People we've talked to sometimes get the various Minions-related movies mixed up. Please note that we do NOT recommend the first Minions movie, which has the character Scarlett Overkill...my eldest copies her every movement and motion. We tried to allow her to watch that Minions movie and tried to teach her not to copy Scarlett's bad traits and actions but we were not successful. So, while she's in this phase (2.5-3 yrs), we have decided to temporarily move it to our hidden DVD library :) until she's older and better able to understand our guidance. Other than Scarlett Overkill, whose character is too "over" the top for me, the Minions movie is funny and well-done; but, it is only suitable for older kids. I'm not an expert, but my personal recommendation would be for children at least 7-8 years old, depending on each child's maturity progression.
My kids are obsessed with minions and this movie is really cute. I have to admit I kind of love it too. It's nice to see Margo, Edith, and Agnes back and trying to hook Gru up with a girlfriend. So cute, loved the history of how the minions came to be. Wasn't my impression, I thought they were created in a lab, apparently not!
Despicable Me 2 is really a great movie - it's cute, uplifting, and really funny. The story focuses on Gru's (the main character who is voiced by Steve Carrell) attempt to locate a villain who is using a dangerous compound called PX-40 to transform good into evil. Along the way, we learn a lot about Gru's daughters (Agnes, Edith and Margo), Dr. Nefario, Agent Lucy from the AVL, and Silas Ramsbottom, who is part of the hysterical 'bottom' scene.

But the stars of the show, far and away, are the minions. They are simply hysterical in every way, from their language to their actions to how they fit into the story. This film makes you want to see a story just about the minions!! I have seen the movie about 5 times so far (my daughters love it) and each time I find something the minions say or do which I didn't notice before.

This isn't a movie just for kids, so don't avoid it for that reason. A lot of the humor is subtle but appropriate for adults. And the minions, while seeming to be characters designed for kids, are far from that.

Of all the sequels I've seen, this is one of those that outperforms the original - by a long shot! So if you haven't seen it, take the time to enjoy this hilarious movie!! You won't be sorry!
on March 12, 2015
Hilarious family fun and even better than the first one (I didn't think that would be possible). This absolutely should have won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film over "Frozen," which was riding the "Let It Go" hype at the time of the awards season. The minions are a catchy, brilliant creation and I'll take the message of love that Gru has for his adopted girls and how love of family an conquer evil over the syrupy "I choose my sister over a man" silliness that "Frozen" represents. This movie will stand the test of time...great vocal acting and writing. We finally get to see the fart gun in action!! "I'm not afraid of your jelly guns." "Oh, this ain't no jelly gun, sunshine." Awesome. :)
on December 19, 2013
We enjoyed the first movie, especially as it was unique in its take on the villain. This sequel holds up better than typical sequels of other films, thanks to crisp animation and good voice acting. But the story was fairly predictable, even though I still wanted to see how it all turned out. There were some heart-filled moments, and the minions always add comic relief when its needed. Overall, if you liked the first movie, the second one shouldn't disappoint.

The extra short-films (three of them) are definitely short, but fun. It's nice they they gave these three new directors their chance to create a short using cherished characters from the movies. All three are fun, if not predictable, but you just can't turn away when minions are doing their simple things.

We only watched the blu-ray disc and it was sonically fantastic in surround. The picture, as expected, was practically perfect. The Ultraviolet streaming version was certainly watchable on VUDU, but it gets ugly quick if your Internet connection isn't fast enough to watch in HDX (their highest quality). Surround sound on the streaming version isn't as good as the blu-ray sound, but plenty good for those who aren't audiophiles.
on December 17, 2013
This was a great sequel to the first installment.
It was a little predictable and some jokes were familiar but a fun ride throughout.
There's more adult humor (not obscene) than some might expect so most adults will enjoy it too.
There were a few plot holes but I was able to ignore them and still enjoy the movie.
I prefer the original (who ever doesn't) but this is a must have for fans.
More minion hijinks and more laughs.

The bonus cartoons are short but very enjoyable, well at least 2 of the 3.
There are also other featurettes and behind the scenes shorts.

The 3D Blu-ray disc was great and had my family ooo-ing and ahhh-ing.
The picture was clear and the even action scenes were not nausea inducing.
I highly recommend this movie for testing out a new 3D TV or 3D Blu-ray player.

The neat lenticular slipcover appears to animate the party favor blower horn thing.
I love lenticular slipcovers and wish all 3D Blu-rays would include them.
When you pay so much for the entire set, every bonus is a plus.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
My kid fell in love with minions before he even saw the movie. I ended up buying him Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2, and Minions, because he already had a minions toy collection. It's been a while since I bought the movies, and he still likes to watch them.
I would give a brief synopsis of the movie, but then the one person who's been living under a rock for the past several years would yell about spoilers. Plus, I'm just too lazy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 18, 2016
Yeah, I couldn't wait until release day for Despicable Me 2. The original
Blu-ray was once at the very top of my Top Must Own 3D Titles list, and knowing
how much the animators favored pop-out effects, I was certain going into this
film that it would aim to please. I was not disappointed....and neither will you.

Picking up some short time after the original film, we find Gru (Steve Carell)
retired from being a super villain as he concentrates on being a father and a
legitimate businessman. You know, instead of blowing things up and creating
general havoc, he he's entertaining young kids at a Birthday party, dressed as
a fairy princess. However, that life suddenly comes to a screeching halt when
an agent named Lucy Wilde (Kristen Wiig) persuades Gru to help the Anti Villain
League hunt down a mastermind who has taken off with a secret formula that
turns innocent people into monsters.

With most all of the original cast and filmmakers returning for this sequel,
Despicable Me 2 aims higher than its predecessor thanks to the amount of
emphasis that is placed on its unusual stars, the Minions. This was a smart
thing to do given the fact that any scene with these lovable creatures manages
to get the biggest laughs, while the rest of the film sort of "hits" or "misses" when
it comes to trying to retain the magic of the original.

It becomes rather impossible to say anything negative about an animated
transfer like this that has been created entirely within the digital realm. It's
virtually flawless, with its vivid palette of colors and razor-sharp images that
beautifully detail the film's tremendous animation efforts. I really loved watching
the scenes that take place in the Minion tropical paradise. I think they show off
the most impressive levels of color from deep sky blues to the banana yellows of
the Minions themselves. Black levels are something to behold here as well,
particularly evident in young Agnes's (Elsie Fisher) hair or Dr. Nefario's (Russell
Brand) gloves. This is a transfer that is going to really make your display show
its worth.

As for the 3D, it's got a lot going for it as well. First, there is an ample amount of
depth that separates foreground and background objects. Animation is perfectly
layered throughout the film so that certain objects (such as overhead light fixtures)
stand more prominently forward than everything else. The use of descriptive
computer overlay gives a very nice 3D effect. Of course, as with the original film,
Despicable Me 2 plays to its audience, taking every opportunity it can to throw
props outwards. From an inflatable pony, to unraveling party horns, to floating
shards of glass -- there is always something coming at the audience. Look at Gru's
nose and the way it always seems to poke itself out of the screen. Unfortunately,
outside of a few character hand extends, the outward reach seems rather limited
for the in-film content. The real deal comes during the ending credits (which you
must watch completely through), where various objects mishandled by the Minions
come the furthest forward. These are the real 3D moments to savor. I suppose
Universal was afraid viewers would skip the credits so they have included most (or all)
of the credit hijinks in the opening menu.

Ghosting issues are ever-so minor. In fact, outside of the ghosting on the opening
credits (same problem as the original film) and a bubble sequence during the
closing credits, I hardly noticed any issues on my active shutter display.

Despicable Me 2 features a 5.1 DTS-MA track that is just as engaging as the film
itself. Effects work their way effortlessly across the channels. Dialogue is clear
throughout while the film's music seems to get even distribution around the entire
sound field. LFE is very much present in some of the film's action sequences,
particularly those involving the flying magnet. There's a lot of toe-tapping musical
moments to enjoy here. I was most pleased that one of my favorite instrumentals
by Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra was included.

Despicable Me 2 arrives as a 3-Disc set (Blu-ray 3d+Blu-ray+DVD and Digital HD)
housed in a really cool lenticular cardboard slipcover that features a blown party
favor. There's a wealth of extra material that I really didn't have time to spend with,
but I did take the opportunity to watch one of the three included mini-movies (the
only one in 3D), Puppy. It's actually a very cute short that features great dimensional
depth (though no pop-out).

Despicable Me 2 falls a bit short of the original, but still remains quite funny thanks
to the time that is spent with its lovable Minions. I can't get enough of those little
guys and I look forward to their own spin-off feature in 2014.

Meanwhile, this is yet another "must have" release for anyone that wants to enjoy the
full potential their 3D display has to offer. Despicable Me 2 is just plain "fun" and it
makes for one of the very best 3D releases of 2013.
on August 24, 2017
I had heard a lot about the little yellow guys called Minions but had no idea what the Despicable Me shows were about. Now that I've watched the shows I want to see the third one in the theaters. My favorite character is Gru... The criminal with a heart. I highly recommended for adults and of course for children I will be taking my grandson to these movies.