Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 20, 2018
You know what you are getting when you look to watch a Despicable me movie and this one is a lot of fun which is what we were looking for with our son. He really finds these movies amusing and the general happy vibe they have means that as much as they are silly they also don't cause any issues

I would say that this is on a par with the first movie and if you like that then I am pretty sure you will feel the same about this one
on December 13, 2017
What can I say, this keeps my two-year-old son occupied while I try to scratch some words on the page in one of my many notebooks. My son is obsessed with the Minions and always waits patiently to see them on the screen when he can scream, "Minions! Minions! Minions!" This happens about once every three to four minutes. Plenty of time to give me a mental break.
on January 12, 2017
This is a wonderful movie, though I do recommend watching the first one before this one if you haven't seen either yet. It is a movie both kids and parents can enjoy, with kid friendly humor, secret agents, the goofy minions, romance, and it is adorable seeing the relationship between Gru and his adopted daughters progress. This is up their on my list of favorite movies and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

As a side note, I couldn't get amazon's video service to work with my chrome cast through my iPhone, so I ended up sending it to the screen via a computer instead. That is not a problem with the movie itself, but something to keep in mind if you buy it digitally with the hope of immediately streaming it to your chrome cast like I did.
on December 8, 2017
I already reviewed this movie, but it keeps showing up in my review list with just the 5 stars highlighted. If they're waiting for a better review, they're wasting my time. I already gave it a top review. We loved the movie and have watched it dozens of times.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Both this, and the original Despicable Me are wonderful flights of fancy that appeal to adults who haven't lost their imagination as well as children who are still holding onto theirs! I'm not a bit fan of cartoony movies, but there have been perhaps 10 that I've really enjoyed...and this as well as the first, are in that group for me!
on August 19, 2017
Of course, it was cute. I hadn't really seen it before the current Despicable me movie and, I wanted to see it to fill in the blanks. For example, I never knew that Gru had gotten married.
on January 21, 2014
We saw the first of these in preparation for grandchildren visiting. We appreciated the level of subtle humor that is imbedded in the script and only to be understood by adults. Subtle humor. As a result we were now way going to miss part 2. Granddad took the two girls to a Saturday matinee and enjoyed this immensely. If you have ever enjoyed Steve Carell, you will also appreciate his work in both films. He should have been awarded (maybe he was?) for his effort. A fun time. Bee-doh, bee-doh, bee-doh.
on July 17, 2017
Although I did enjoy the 1st one better, this movie is still very good and very funny. This is a nice continuation of the story, and of course the minions are hilarious. Those minions should have their own movie......wait a minute.....
on February 10, 2014
Despicable Me 2 is wonderful. As a parent of two (10 & 3) there are a lot of kids or family friendly movies that play frequently at our house. This movie (and Despicable Me) are two that I never grow tired of having on because not only are they good fun but they somehow manage to keep things fresh and entertaining even after you've seen them two dozen times.

This movie takes place not long after the first, Gru has given up his criminal endeavors and is focusing on raising his three daughters and crafting a "delicious" line of jams and jellies. The tranquil life of parenthood proves elusive however as another villain has recently stolen a secret formula which can create mindless, indestructible super baddies. Helping Gru, aside from his trusty minions (who are hilarious as ever) is Penny, a wonderful sidekick and potential love interest on the hunt through the local mall to find out who isn't really who they seem to be.

Thankfully, there is a lot going on in this picture that not only keeps kiddos entertained, but it also has some great material for parents. I would classify this as super safe family entertainment. There really isn't any themes or content that I grimace through and we, as a family, very much hope that this is a series that continues on (with the same cast of course). The minions might need their own spin off movie, those little guys are hilarious!
on July 5, 2014
Although we told ourselves that we were buying this for our son to watch, we can't help but face the truth. This movie was for us.. Our son is only 14 months (and we bought this a few months ago! LOL). This is the best movie of all time. Most definitely better than the first. I laugh every time I watch it. I think this is definitely a movie that the whole family will enjoy for many years to come. Now I need to stop writing this review and go watch it.