Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Despicable Me [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on January 8, 2018
I love any kids movies these days that give you a look in on what it's like for kids going into adoptive/foster homes. I prefer Disney/Pixar stories over Universal or Dreamworks, but I do find this one especially cute. Has a lot of rewatch value if you don't hate minions.
on March 26, 2013
Not just a barrel of laughs (though there are plenty) this had a great message about parenting in it as well.

Some parents might not like the fact that it's really a movie about a bad person, who does bad things - but the lesson in this movie (without too many spoilers) is that he gets what he has always wanted in the end - his mothers approval and the love of others - by finally doing the right things. I'm not sure many young kids will get that message on their own, but it gives some good fodder for discussion with kids. Kids misbehaving could be compared to the 'Despicable' characters in the movie - and that the right way to get approval may not be from trying to steal and cheat, etc.
on January 4, 2018
Super movie for both kids & adults - we rented this series when we were sitting kids from our bible study group & everybody had a rocking good time ...
on December 13, 2015
I have seven-year-old twins that love The movie despicable me.

It really is a funny movie that even I enjoyed watching.

We saw it at the library once and since then my kids have been begging me for a copy for it for our home.

I was thrilled to find this and got it as a stocking stuff for for them.

There are some very funny parts in this movie that always make me chuckle.

If you're looking for a great movie for your kids and that will draw even you in and give you a laugh then look no further.

I am 45 and this is one of my favorite kids movies
on September 15, 2014
Awesome flick! Loved the story. Loved everything about this movie! Would not change one second, tone, line or note. By far Steve Carrel's best and most memorable voice acting performance- and by far my favorite Steve Carrell movie. Superb voice acting all around. Was actually unaware, until I just looked it up now, that this film was animated by mac guff animation studio- now known as "Illumination Mac Guff"- but I'm definitely going to be on the look out for more of their products now. Loved the story. This movie has everything to entertain all animation and comedy fans of all ages and most everybody in general- though I may be a little biased when I say that cuz (in case you haven't noticed) I REALLY like this movie @_@. This film was masterfully directed and beautifully produced. Can't wait for the sequels and spinoffs.
on March 2, 2017
Love the Despicable Me movies! I could watch this over and over as an adult!! My daughter loves it and has watched it several times.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
An unexpectedly hilarious movie. One of the few non Disney truly great animated movies, and the first appearance of every bodies favorite The Minions! Mixed in with the zaniness is a surprisingly well crafted and sweet story. A fun movie acceptable for kids and great fun for adults.
on April 17, 2014
I LOVE not having to sit through 20 minutes of fiddling about with the disc while trying to skip the trailers and what not. I don't like having some loading issues. (House Guest - why is it doing that? Me - Internet Issues. House Guest - But why is it doing that? Me - The internet is broken a little bit, House Guest... on and on. Killing me.) Some people aren't used to the whole "loading" thing.

That said, this movie is a great examination of "good" vs "bad" and I find we get to have a lot of conversations about how people (and Minions) are feeling. There is a sweetness to it that I like, and the subtext humor for adults is like a vacation for my brain. My son absolutely loves this movie, and Mr. Gru, especially.

I think the voice talents are very well done and the writing is spot on. An enjoyable movie to watch 42,000 times.
on October 2, 2017
Oh my gosh! My grandsons (3 year old twins) absolutely loved this movie. They wanted to watch it over and over again!
on July 10, 2017
We actually watched The Minions first. Then the first Despicable Me. Very cute movie. My kiddos just laugh and laugh!