Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives Paperback – May 8, 2000
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Past life regressions are fascinating to consider, but have you ever wondered what happens between lives? In Destiny of Souls hypnotherapist Michael Newton asks dozens of his own patients to describe their lives from the moment of death right up until reincarnation into this world. Newton described this journey in his first book, Journey of Souls, and now takes us back for a second trip that is described in infinitely more detail. Of therapeutic interest is how spirits contact the living to help loved ones they've left behind deal with their grief. Newton assures readers that they will reconnect with those who have gone before them, even their pets. He answers the full range of questions one could ever think to ask about life after death: How can a soul be in heaven and reincarnate at the same time? How are new souls created? How are souls who've done evil on earth punished? These and many other questions are answered with surprising congruity between respondents.
From Publishers Weekly
Newton--counselor, hypnotist and author of Journey of Souls--draws on his regressions of some 70 clients to explore the existence of souls between incarnations. The most affecting section of the book is the second chapter, where Newton turns his attention to grief and argues that between death and reincarnation, discarnate souls are able to contact loved ones and comfort them. Excerpts of his sessions with clients show people realizing that they have had one partner throughout many lives; that after previous deaths, the couple was reunited; and that after this incarnation, they will be together again. Elsewhere, Newton investigates the nonhuman manifestations of spirits on Earth, including elves, fairies and ghosts. Newton also takes on malevolent spirits; arguing that demons and the devil do not exist, he reports that after working with him, clients who initially thought they were possessed by a "malevolent spirit" usually realize they have miscommunicated with a benevolent spirit who was trying to reach them. A rich volume, chock-full of interviews and fascinating first-person narratives, this book is nonetheless not for the uninitiated; Newton sometimes fails to explain his terminology, so readers who do not know much about "lives between lives" may feel lost. More informed readers, however, will find this a feast, and Newton a charming host.
Copyright 2000 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Top customer reviews
I was hoping to find satisfactory answers to some questions that all my life have caused me much heartache despite all my readings still do not make sense even in the big picture and continue to go unanswered:
1. What purpose does it serves individuals who die suddenly or from indiscriminate natural "disasters?
2.Prior to having the ability to learn from the experience in their present lives why do the very young suffer and die?
3. Since animals do not have free will as humans and live mostly by instinct, what purpose does their suffering serve?
...And why would a compassionate creator allow a natural system of carnivores/predators causing so much ongoing stress, fear and suffering in the animal kingdom?
4. Why do so many people with so much talent and skill find themselves in circumstances with little opportunity to use those special abilities to make this a better world...Why do not the spirits not work along side us for the greater good rather then allow us to become so discouraged and allow others of greed and cruelty to continue to dominate and decimate our planet?
5. Why does prolonged suffering occur amongst animals ...how could they be learning anything to further there spiritual evolvement since unlike man they are instinctual beings without free will ?
6. It seems that“lessons” can often be so hard, and or prolonged as to severely traumatized a person and loved ones causing understandable bitterness and regression, especially when earthbound the reasons are unfathomable yet still not revealed to them, which seems counter-productive and cruel ? Christ knew with certainty where he came from, his purpose and where he was going and why he was being crucified while God in spirit by his side, giving much needed comfort and fortitude etc. ...so why not the rest of us ?
7. Childhood would seem waste of time rather then starting at a mature age or where one left off from their last incarnation. Children being more prone to engage in abuse (...and further bad karma) cause unnecessary suffering, especially toward the defenseless such as animals?
It would be a great relief as well as remove a substantial hindrance to my spiritual progress if any anyone could answer these questions as specifically as possible or give me references to some text that does, or if unable to ask someone appropriate during your hypnotic therapeutic questionings who could, such as a spiritual guide which if published would be of great interest and worth to others as well.
Thank you such much for your time and considerations,
“Sum greater than parts”:
The multi-faceted elements of human beings as a whole may be more comprehensible to make a comparison to the facets of water.
Water is probably the most wondrous of substances having several distinct forms/properties depending the environment: Solid, liquid and vapor.
Solid State…which we know well. Humane similarities in liquid state: Potential to let go, and just flow...exampfied by the wise elder who fell into a raging river
surviving by not struggling and exhausting himself but rather flowing over the rapids until reaching calmer waters.
Vaporous State …ethereal/spirit state, as in transcending or “passing over.”
In scientific terms; Matter and energy never lost but transformed ...“having continually evolving integrative emergent qualities”.
Such deductions may be comforting as well as enlightening since they coincide with laws of physics, thereby lending fascinating possibilities to human transformative potential.
Life after Life based upon personal and thousands of documented case studies:
Evidence: Those experiencing an“Out-of-body” often see/report things that they couldn’t possibly have seen/known.
Core experiences independent of pre-religious etc. beliefs.
Very young unaculterated children have same experience as adults.
Contrary to claimed as stress induced, experiences are often situationally non-threatening spontaneous events.
“The Unified Field”: Before returning earthbound “Near-Deaths” are often met by loves ones and animals experiencing surroundings of luminous radiant harmony and great beauty.
Any questions/concerns are satisfactory answered telepathically, then consciously deleted.
A detailed review is made of ones life during a wonderful restful period prior to corrective co-strategy...including race, gender, planet etc. for next incarnation.
For teaching progressive/evolvement purposes unless prior reconciled, abuses inflicted are likewise experienced.
“Ye shall do even greater things” – Jesus: Through further effort, varied life situational experiences and resulting acquired wisdom,
eventually an ultimate magnificently blissful eternal multi-dimensional state of incredible opportunities and abilities is achieved.