Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Destroy Erase Improve (RELOADED)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 8, 2017
this is by far one of my favorite albums from them next to chaosphere I was introduced to this band by a coworker and have not looked back ever since so heavy in terms of extreme metal head bang hard
on February 26, 2012
I must admit (please don't hate me all you Meshuggah fans out there) that even though I am a huge metal fan, Meshuggah has always just sounded like a lot of noise to me. I figure that writing and using multiple time signatures may be quite a genius move, it hasn't really encouraged me to listen!
On a bit of a whim I decided to bite the bullet (after having had a quick listen to excerpts from Contradictions Collapse (Deluxe Edition) on Amazon that I bought this album as well).
I am really quite surprised at how much I do enjoy this album. The music really has had a brief time to settle in my brain and I am really starting to enjoy it. My only real criticism is that I wish Aztec Two Step was divided into a few different tracks (without so many gaps of slience etc.) It really has some incredible compositions, but because it is one track composed of various recordings, and gives the album an 'inconsistent' finish.
Overall, I am really surprised at how much I do like this album, check it out for yourself.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 10, 2014
Probably not for everyone, but if you want some really heavy in your face metal, this is it. I saw these guys as an opening act for Tool during their lateralus tour. Had no idea who they were, and at the Bryce Jordan center, they sounded pretty bad due to the acoustics there. Eventually, I re-discovered them and just love the polyrythms & the vocals.
on November 27, 2012
I've had friends tell me this album has changed their lives. After listening to DEI, I understand why. Riff after riff, the pounding assault, the time signatures, it is an absolute classic. The original 10 songs are all you need to appreciate the genius of DEI, but if you never picked up the EP Selfcaged, those songs are added as well.
on October 15, 2015
this album from Meshuggah is brutal.
on April 20, 2013
All of the tracks are fine except for the GODS OF RAPTURE (LIVE) which was messed up. You will hear a sound like a plastic bag being scratch on a wall on the first part of the vocals.
on June 6, 2012
Awesome album. Meshuggah is a great band. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the CD case was broken. I would recommend this album to anyone who likes metal.
on October 9, 2008
Well the verdict is out- these new Meshuggah re-releases claiming to be re-mastered are in fact a ploy for you to spend your hard earned $ on cool looking jewel cases and booklets-that's it. Not that this amazing album needed to be remastered in any way I was at least expecting to hear some oomph in volume/loudness. Guess what-there was none. I feel duped. Their is no change in sound quality from the original release-none. I listened to it in my car and my killer home audio-same sounding cd. This is b.s. The jewel case is an interesting design, but that is the only difference, hardly a reason to buy a cd. The extra songs are demo versions of songs off the DEI, and they are pretty pointless. Actually the song Aztec Two-Step is from the None ep, I never heard before. This song is actually pretty damn killer!. So if you never heard the song, just download it off iTunes and save yourself some $. I was prepared to buy the other new Meshuggah remasters, but not after hearing this one. Plus why re-release Contradictions Collapse w/the none ep? They just did that less than 10 yrs ago. Nuclear Blast dropped the ball on this one and it's just to get new Meshuggah fans to spend money since Meshuggah are now the hot metal act at the moment. I want my $ back for this scam of a so-called remaster!!!
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on October 6, 2012
One of the metal genre definers. Whatever that means. It made them a band that snooty death metal weirdos love to hate and the irony is it turned more people onto death metal than ever would have found it in the first place. No, they didn't invent anything but they sure as hell put their stamp on the genre with this groundbreaking release. FBM has to be one of the greatest singles ever to come out of metal itself. Beyond that the album here is solid as stone. Not quite up to par maybe with the greatness of a few of the tracks as a whole but all around really damn good. Suffer In Truth and Soul Burn come to mind but any of them have the capability to impress you. They strayed far away from this style afterwards so be warned this is the last of this kind of music in their catalogue though they do occasionally revisit the sound styling in certain songs.

From what I hear this album has not been remastered but truth be told it really doesn't need it. It's already loud enough and sounds pretty decent on a nice system.
on June 3, 2009
Regardless of what else might be posted, this is a very worthwhile album. Not only does it bring back one of my favorite Meshuggah albums, but with additional tracks. However, brace yourself... if you are looking for entirely different versions, you will be disappointed. Unlike the re-release of Chaosphere, with four completely different versions of Future Breed Machine (one of my favorites, originally included on this album), the final tracks on this will be like re-listening to a couple you just have. The live version of God's of Rapture and Aztec Two-Step (one of the most brutal bada** Meshuggah songs) totally make up for it (not to mention that the demo tracks are still sweet.) All in all, this re-issue/remastered album is for the new listener, just delving into chaotic metal, and the old fan who has worn through the foil of their disc. It's not really an item for someone with a good working original release, but for all that is brutal, be sure to download Aztec Two-Step. I was originally going to give this four stars, but since the other two reviews slammed it in all of its perfection, I feel it only necessary to give it the ratings boost it deserves.
5 helpful votes