Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Detox Box
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 27, 2012
Today is the last day of my two week involvement with The Detox Box. I've lost 21 lbs., I'm off of Insulin, and I could go on about other positive changes - but that would surely exceed the word limit of these reviews. I heard Dr. Hyman on Imus. While I was watching, my blood glucose level was in the mid 200's (even with shooting 50 units of Novolin per day), my mobility was limited because of a herniated disc, and I generally felt horrible. I approached the detox with an open mind, and a sense of desperation. I bought the supplements, tested the blender, and dived into the program. I feel that it's changed my life - I devoted a thread to it on my facebook page (please friend me and I'll hold your hand through the two weeks). My friends and family marveled at my progress. Two weeks goes by really fast. Any weakness was nullified by a visit to Dr. Hyman's website. I still live in the Unites States of Diabetes - except now I consider myself a revolutionary who will change my world first, and then others. I think I'm going to make it. Thanks Dr. Hyman.
13 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on January 24, 2014
I felt great after doing Mark Hyman's detox box and I would recommend it to everyone. I can't say that I'm still a huge fan of the brown rice and "good carb" mentality that is proposed in this system but overall if you stick to it you will definitely lose weight and feel healthier. At the present time, I would have to recommend Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint program over this.

I really enjoyed the regimented nature of the system and that I only had to follow the instructions to succeed. It wasn't that difficult getting everything together and while some of the metagenics stuff is expensive; I never mind the cost when it comes to taking care of my body.

Niels Dragsbaek
4 people found this helpful
on November 30, 2012
I liked the "Detox Box" but didn't love it. I found the format with the cards and tiny little printed information to be awkward to easily use. I ended up looking at it after opening it and then I either donated it or gave it away. I think I expected something different than what it was (I thought it was like a self-facilitated workshop kit). I did LOVE The UltraSimple Diet by Dr. Hyman which I had bought previously (I liked it so well I bought and shared about five copies with other people). His concepts work, ant the "Detox Box" concepts are the same as his other books so maybe it will work for you. Happy cleansing (and reading)~*
5 people found this helpful
on July 6, 2014
This is a great, compact, easy to follow detox plan with pre/during/post instructions, cards and DVD. The laminated hand size cards are easy to read and durable. Dr. Hyman makes this a seemingly effortless way to complete a detox program in 7, 10, or 21 days...the reader determines the length of the program. Before you start, read through everything, watch the DVD, and make sure you have the "groceries" in your kitchen before you begin. You will be feeling energized and "clean" in days!
2 people found this helpful
on January 15, 2017
Can't wait to get into this box! Excellent purchase price for previously-owned item in almost-new condition. And fastest shipping humanly possible. What's not to love?
on April 8, 2012
Mark Hymens publication the Detox Box is not exclusively about far infra red saunas, although these are reccomended.Rather it is an integrated 3 week detoxification package contained within a 16cm square box which consists of 2 questionares to allow assessment before starting, a 64 page book, 2 CD's and 70 sumary flash cards which are used before,during and after the program.

Many chronic diseases with poor health can be tackled by improving the body's detoxification. The step by step processes are designed to eliminate toxins and heal and restore the body with good sleep and reduced stress.

The two questionaires are to be completed before starting to help identification of symptons of toxicity (good, mild, moderate or severe)and our present overall risk before starting the 3 week program (low, minimum,significant and medical supervision required to undertake the program).

The book explains the detoxification program, why it is needed and how it is to be carried out.

The first compact disk explains the program which is aimed at evaluating our present health, improving what we eat including avoiding processed foods and trans fats, breaking down stored toxins within the body and eliminating them. It includes the use of supliments, exercise and heat therapy. Aerobic exercise and yoga are outlined for better oxygenation of the blood, improved lympathetic system and sweating of toxins.

The second CD contains verbal instructions for Yoga postures and exercise to achieve fuller breathing and to balance the nervous system and calm the mind. The aim is purification of the mind, body and spirit. Thirty two of the flash cards show pictures of diferent Yoga postures which aid the verbal instructions on the CD.

To summarise this is a fully integrated program aimed at optimising our body's health to allow healing and restoration. It includes what to avoid and how to rejuvenate the body. By incorporating so much knowledge and techniques the effectiveness in regaining health is maximised.
12 people found this helpful
on January 12, 2015
First, the box comes with many leaflets in it that I found very disappointing; I prefer a book format. Second, the program asks the user to invest and spend money on buying new supplies that is hard to do on a tight budget, such is mine, and for this reason I found it disappointing.
on January 16, 2015
Provides a lifestyle guide and resources to prevent heart disease and related complications. The focus is in reducing risk and straight talk about concrete ways towards heart-healthy living.
on June 30, 2007
I started this program with the intent of losing weight and changing my eating habits. I have really enjoyed it. I did the first 10 days exactly as told and added 20 minutes of exercise a day. I went off of the program for two months and although I slide back into my bad eating habits I only gained 1 pound back. I decided that I really did want to change eating habits and started the program again, however I modified it alittle bit: I follow the program as outline until dinner. At dinner I just eat a sensible dinner and I avoid sugar and deep-fried stuff (the major modifications that I want to make in my diet for life). I also am exercising for 45 minutes a day. I am on day 8 of this modified version and I have found that with the original way I lost about 1.25 lbs a day. With my modified version I am losing about .75 pounds a day- but I am eating my dinner how I want to eat in the future so I hope that I am able to form good habits.

I feel great. I haven't had this much energy since I was 50 lbs. lighter.
18 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2014
If only I could see someone DOING what he is saying in the CD. Only pictures on cards of the yoga pose's he talking the whole way through. I am a beginner and I learn visually. :(
2 people found this helpful