FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
+ $3.99 shipping
About the Product
- Blends the best of Action and RPG: the perfect mix of combat, stealth, hacking, and social game-play
- Customize and upgrade your character with more than 50 unique augmentations that support your style of play
- Over 20 available weapons, each with their own customizable elements to fight enemies and engage in epic boss battles
- Play in an open-ended world where there are always multiple solutions to every challenge
- Discover a unique world that blends near future and Renaissance elements while visiting multiple unique locations
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
You play Adam Jensen, an ex-SWAT specialist who's been handpicked to oversee the defensive needs of one of America's most experimental biotechnology firms. Your job is to safeguard company secrets, but when a black ops team breaks in and kills the very scientists you were hired to protect, everything you thought you knew about your job changes.
Badly wounded during the attack, you have no choice but to become mechanically augmented and you soon find yourself chasing down leads all over the world, never knowing who you can trust. At a time when scientific advancements are turning athletes, soldiers and spies into super enhanced beings, someone is working very hard to ensure mankind's evolution follows a particular path.
You need to discover where that path lies. Because when all is said and done, the decisions you take, and the choices you make, will be the only things that can change it.
- A divided near-future: discover a time of great technological advancement, but also a time of chaos and conspiracy. Mechanical augmentations of the human body have divided society between those who can afford them, and those who can't. Opposing forces conspire from the shadow to control the destiny of mankind: a human revolution is coming.
- A perfect mix of action and role-play: the game uniquely combines action-packed close-quarter takedowns with intense shooting, offering a vast array of character augmentations and upgrades for the many weapons at your disposal. Unlock new abilities and increase your stealth, social, hacking or combat skills: the game rewards all styles of play and approaches. Determine how you want your character to evolve, based on how you want to play the game.
- Choices and consequences: shoot your way through your enemies, sneak up behind them without being traced, hack systems to retrieve crucial information, or use your social skills to extract information from key characters — there are always choices, multiple approaches, multiple paths and multiple tools at your disposal. Choose your playing style and face the consequences of your actions: you decide how the story unfolds.
Top Customer Reviews
And a whole lot of it! This game is massive and the cyberpunk vision of the future is captured beautifully. DX:HR I feel, tends to be a blend of FPS meets Stealth meets Espionage meets Social. You play as Adam Jensen who is a security officer for an Augmentation company. After an attack leaves him so badly wounded he needs heavy body augmentation the game begins. Who plotted the attack? Why? Terrorism? Self-Sabotage? The conspiracy runs deep and it is your job to figure out it! At your disposal is a very immerse and game changing set of mechanics that shapes how you play the game, yet adapts to your play-style. Need to get to the 5th floor and hack a terminal.. no problem go in guns blazing...or maybe stealth past the guards taking them out one at a time... or maybe break in through a vent system...or combine all 3! Not only can you approach objectives and quests from various methods, but there often are quite a few options available to you. You don't always need to take that grate on the left.Read more ›
Every encounter, even the ones where I die and then replay has played very fresh. The AI is really very good (playing on Hard) in terms of being both fun and challenging.
As an example, these four dudes walking below and I shot one of them, the others started firing at me. I ducked behind cover and then migrated while out of their sight.
Two of them continued to burst fire on that position while the 3rd slowly moved to flank it. I had moved away from there and was just watching them. Once they realized I wasn't there anymore, they started fanning out and searching... then I took them out silently one at a time. It was great.
That is what I mean by the gameplay feels so good. It is rewarding without giving you an achievement / trophy to make you feel good.
Mix in all your augmentation possibilities and you get even more options on how you can handle different situations.
It almost feels like Rocksteady and original Deus Ex team got together and decided to put the best parts of original Deus Ex and Batman Arkham Asylum together for the gameplay and the best parts of Bioshock and Half-Life for how the story is presented and the rich feel to the characters.Read more ›
At any rate, I'm pretty much blown away by this game. I really dig the story! The game play is remarkably fluid, and I really love the graphics and the music. The voice acting, for the most part, is top notch. One thing that really draws me in is that combat isn't exactly forced on you. Sometimes it's easier to simply take out the thugs. Other times, moving a box and exposing a vent shaft will take you around them. When it does come to combat, it seems pretty well done. I'm terrible at FPS type games, but I seem to hold my own here (I am playing on "Tell Me A Story..." I admit, I'm lame in that sense!) Ultimately, this feels like a role playing game with a FPS twist. You're not going to get a lot of sandboxing here like you would in Fallout or Oblivion, as the world you're in feels a bit smaller. Don't get me wrong, there is some exploring to be done but not as much as the other titles mentioned.
The level-up system is also nice, and leaves a lot of room for customization. It seems like you really can't go wrong with whatever build you take. It also allows you to focus more on stealth, or combat too, if you so desire. Experience is given by completion of quest, as well as for kills and take-downs.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I enjoy fps a whole lot. Especially ones that have the rpg element of doing upgrades and such on your character. This one works well. It has its flaws but let me get to good stuff. Read morePublished 2 months ago by gio
This was on my son-in-law's wish list. He was happy with it.Published 4 months ago by Patricia Rogers
This is a masterpiece without any doubt, thus I give it a 5 star as it deserves it. I have bought it for my friend, myself previously completed the game a dozen times on different... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Maksym Sovyak
Crappy graphics, fun at times but you get throwed off by the jerky movements so unrealisticPublished 12 months ago by Shey_Mo Gamer
Love this old game. Yeah the graphics are not the best but it's old. The game play is great along with the stealth shooting and exploring. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Kevin M.