- 100% Polyester
- 15" shoulder drop
- USE CASE: Designed for everything from trekking and mountaineering tours to overnights in the front country, this pack is both sleek and spacious while remaining lightweight and comfortable.
- MAX VENTILATION, MAX ENDURANCE: Aircontact Lite back system is proven to reduce perspiration by 15%; Breathable padding made of open-cell, hollow-chamber foam and an ergonomic internal X-frame let cool air in and hot air out
- REVOLUTION IN COMFORT: Auto-Compress, Ergonomic Comfort Lock hip fins of dual density foam deliver a custom fit for load stability; Vari Quick adjustable back length easily adjusts to different torso lengths.; S-shaped shoulder harness has soft edge and airy 3D mesh lining
- LIGHTEN UP: The Aircontact Lite is fully adjustable for enhanced load weight management; Hip belt with Pull-Forward construction is easy to fasten and tighten with heavier loads; Adjustment straps at shoulders transfer weight from shoulders to hips
- TRAIL UTILITY: Extendable 10L pack collar for volume expansion; Height and width adjustable chest strap with signal whistle; Side compression straps for regulating pack volume; Abundant internal and external loops and pockets; Hydration system compatible
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The hyper-functional Aircontact Lite 50 + 10 delivers sophisticated design with a perfect balance between carrying comfort, weight, and ventilation. Its accommodating 50 + 10 liter capacity grants backpackers the freedom to pack more and trek further, while the innovative Aircontact Lite back system makes heavy loads manageable, providing ideal dissipation of damp air, minimizing perspiration, and maximizing endurance on extended alpine climbs.
The Aircontact Lite Backsystem
The foundation of any great trekking pack is in a great carry system. For Deuter’s Aircontact Lite trekking packs, this is achieved through a body contact philosophy where stability and effective energy transfer are optimized by bringing the weight of the pack close to the body and therefore close to the center of gravity of the wearer. This results in full control and an efficient carry of heavier loads.
Making this carry system even more comfortable is the unique Aircontact cushions of open chamber foam that provides fantastic ventilation by pumping out hot moist air with every moment and maintaining a central chimney effect down the middle of the wearers back.
A Perfect Fit Through Advanced Ergonomics
Designed to accommodate a wide range of wearers through simple adjustments. The Vari-Quick shoulder harness adjustment allows for each pack to fit a range of torso lengths from 15-21 inches while advanced ergonomics create a unique fit for each individual through the pivoting S shaped shoulder straps and the dual density foam comfort-lock hip belt.
- Dual stretch mesh zippered pockets on hip belt
- Extendable 10L pack collar for optional volume expansion
- Accessory loops for gear or helmet holder attachment
- Ice tool and hiking pole attachment loops
- Side compression straps for regulating pack volume
- Stretch side water bottle pockets
- Large front stretch pocket
- Separate bottom compartment with zippered divider
- Height adjustable, removable lid
- Hydration system compatible
- Double layer base
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 8 x 4 x 4 inches; 10 Ounces
- Item model number : Deuter
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : July 29, 2017
- Manufacturer : Deuter
- ASIN : B074D3G6SJ
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, the hipbelt is nice and wide, and really does a magnificent job transferring the weight of the pack off your shoulders. Combined with the adjustable fit system, I was able to make minor adjustments until the pack fit absolutely perfectly. I recently went backpacking in the desert for the first time, and even with ~13 lbs of water added to my usual load, I was still more comfortable than in my old pack.
The +10L system is genius. The top of the bag (under the lid) can be cinched up in two different places to accommodate either a 50L or 60L load. I loaded it up on my way out, but once I had eaten some food, it was awesome to be able to easily cinch the pack down to the new volume.
This bag is much taller and thinner than any other bag I have ever tried on. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but after a few minutes of walking around I realized how much more stable I felt with the weight being a little more vertical. I'm not a super wide person, so I'm used to balancing my own weight vertically rather than horizontally, and this pack really caters to that.
The pockets are smartly placed and where you need them without constricting where/how you can pack or making you feel like you're carrying around a pound of unnecessary zippers. The side and back pocket stretch to accommodate nearly anything you want to fit inside.
The sleeping bag compartment can be kept separate, or zipped away from the inside to allow the entire pack to become one large compartment. The zippered divider remains attached to the pack, so it can't be fully removed to save weight on trips where you aren't worried about rain. I usually keep it open to use the full amount of space that the pack offers, but it's nice to know that if I get caught in a rainstorm and want to put wet things away from everything else, I can re-separate the bottom.
There are a ton more features that you can read about in REI's description, so I'll wrap up by saying the only two cons I have for this pack are 1) The weight. It's pretty heavy... but the support mechanisms are superior to many other big brands, and a 35lb load of sand bags at the store felt much lighter in this pack than in any of the others I tried. 2) I wish the hip belt pockets were a bit larger...I can't fit everything that I want in easy reach up front, and there aren't daisy chains to easily attach more pouches. Still trying to figure out how to best solve that problem, but I'm so happy with this pack that it's really not a huge deal. I can fit my phone, knife, chapstick, and a snap-on camera lens (barely) in the pockets... just wish they had a couple of extra inches so I could squeeze in a snack and a map and everything would be perfect!
Top reviews from other countries
Only down side is a lack of cover for really heavy rain. You need to purchase this separately.