- Save 20% each on Qualifying items offered by eBags when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code JSCYFLA7 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
2-Year Baby Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Deuter Kid Comfort 2
|Sale:||$199.20 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$49.80 (20%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Macro Lite 210/Super Polytex
- JPMA Certified for Safety - Independently tested to exceed state and federal safety guidelines; Soft padded 5-point safety harness adjusts to the child's size and height; Developed with a pediatric specialist to promote safe, healthy sitting position; Wide kickstand offers stability when pack is set down
- Maximum Ventilation - Deuter's innovative AirContact back system delivers a body-hugging fit paired with unmatched breathability; The large open pore structure of the AirContact pads performs a pump effect, whereby every movement prompts the exchange of air moving warmth and moisture away from the body; The result: 15% less perspiration than with other body-contour packs
- Comfortable for Kids and Parents - Step-in side access makes it simpler to get kids in and out of the carrier; Soft chin pad provides optimum support for little ones to rest or nap and is removeable and washable; Height-adjustable footrests keep little legs warm and promote circulation; An aluminum frame pairs up with ergonomic, padded hip belt and load adjustment straps for optimal load transfer and stability
- Fully Adjustable - VariFit system easily adjusts to the exact length of the wearer's back, perfect for quickly swapping the pack between mom and dad without first having to remove child from the carrier; Anatomically shaped, pivoting VariFlex hip wings follow your every movement, even on steep or uneven terrain; S-shaped shoulder straps relieve neck strain
- Features and Specs - 2 grab handles makes pack easy to lift without assistance; Ample storage pockets and compartments; Compatible with 2- or 3-liter hydration systems or sun / rain roof (sold separately); Includes teddy bear; Weight Limit: 48.5 lbs (22kg). Volume: 16 L. Item Weight: 7lb 2oz (3.2kg). Dimensions: 28 x 17 x 13 in. Material: MacroLite 210 / PU Coated Super-Polytex.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Deuter Kid Comfort 2
Introduce little ones to the wonders of nature with comfort and ease! The Deuter Kid Comfort 2 is a bestselling favorite with kids and parents alike. Designed for that feeling of boundless freedom on longer hikes, this pack offers side step-in access, a large and super soft chin pad, a height adjustable seat, various pockets and compartments for mom or dad and has a Vari-Quick back system so transferring the load from one adult to the other is as simple as ever. JPMA approved for safety, this child carrier is ideal for kids weighing between 16 and 40 pounds who can sit up by themselves.
Innovation is Our Heritage
Since 1898 innovation and quality design have characterized our brand; fit, ventilation and function are the key factors that shape each pack and have defined a company history rich in innovation from the first fully ventilated back system (the Aircomfort) to safety certified child carriers and back protectors for bike packs. Every Deuter product tells a story and we are committed to the elements of those stories reflecting our dedication to sustainability, longevity, functionality, and family.
Committed to Environmental & Social Responsibility
At Deuter there are no compromises, every step of our journey is committed to environmental and social responsibility. We are beyond proud to partner with the Fair Wear Foundation who supports our commitment to higher work and supply chain conditions and bluesign who eliminates harmful substances throughout the manufacturing process by controlling standards for an eco-conscious and safe production.
Kid Comfort 1 Product Features
Kid Comfort child carriers are all JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association) approved. JPMA requires products to go above and beyond the industry-standard ASTM testing and offers the most stringent child safety standards in America. Testing includes flammability, hazardous materials, labelling, physical and mechanical durability/functionality, and impact testing. All Deuter Kid Comfort child carriers are tested and suitable for children who can sit upright and maintain head control by themselves with a maximum load capacity of 48 pounds.
A 5 point safety harness is designed with a child’s proportions in mind. Simple adjustability and color-coded buckles make it easy to handle and a cozy seating area provides a safe comfortable atmosphere for the child. The height of the seat is easily adjust able even when occupied and promotes a healthy ergonomic seating position: the width of the seat varies in relation to the adjusted height and in combination with the stirrups creates the perfect individual position.
The Aircomfort Vario backsystem with VariFlex creates a flexible carrying system with pivoting hip fins to follow complex body movements and round spring steel frame that provides tension while effectively transferring the load to the hip belt. Pull forward hip belt and shoulder stabilization creates precision load control while the Aircomfort mesh back provides maximum ventilation by allowing warm moist air to dissipate freely resulting in 25% less perspiration. Stepless VariFit adjustment provides a quick and perfect fit for both mom and dad.
Color: Cranberry/Fire | Size: One Size
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
It is easy to use and intuitive to figure out how to adjust in the many ways it can adjust for comfort (your or your child's). My husband and I were able to switch who was using it with relative easy, even while on a hike.
The kickstand works well, and it is possible to put on solo, though easier if you have help. There are pockets everywhere you might want a pocket.
It comes with an adorable stuffed animal (for no reason other than adorableness, I suspect)
Our older child was about 35 pounds when we used it this summer, and while he was supremely comfortable and the backpack distributed his weight in a way that was totally manageable, it is clear that he's about as big as one can reasonably tote comfortably. It took a little while to get used to the balance disruption of having him on my back, and I don't think I would have been able to keep it up for more than a couple hours without a break to regain my equilibrium. However, this is far far superior to the Kelty model we've borrowed in the past, and obviously more sustainable than just using a soft structured carrier for this purpose with a larger child.
His much smaller younger sibling was an easy ride, though she still can be accommodated in a regular baby carrier even on a long hike
We bought a Kelty FC 3.0 first at a great price, and it while it fit me okay, it would not fit my husband. All of the weight went on his shoulders and none on his hips, and he couldn't do more than 10 minutes in it. Then we tried several older models loaned from a friend, and when all of those fit poorly, we started worrying we wouldn't find one that fit him at all. Finally, we tried an friend's new Osprey Poco, and while it fit my husband well, it's lowest setting still left a gap between my shoulders and the shoulder straps. We weren't ready to jump on a $300 carrier that only sort of fit me.
When we stumbled upon this carrier on clearance at our local trading post, we were beyond happy. The ratcheting shoulder straps allow it to adjust between "sizes" and fit both myself and my husband. There are size markings on the side, but you can easily adjust it above and below those. We can even shrink it down low enough my 10 year old can wear stuffed animals in it around the house. For fit, you can't get much better. If I extended their scale some, my daughter would be a X-Small, I would be a Small, and my husband about a X-Large.
The design itself is great too. The side pockets do well for hats and toys, and the lower pocket is roomy and perfect for diaper supplies. The hip pocket is nice for a camera, and you can roll up he waist straps and tuck them in so they don't dangle. We're not at all bothered by having to bring in/out the kickstand, and I actually prefer it more than the Kelty and the osprey, as it tucks in more compactly. I love that the child's straps bring the child forward, closer to your back (like the Osprey), instead of away from it (like the Kelty). I'm also glad there are foot stirrups, though as we're still using it with a baby, we don't use them often. She can just just tuck her feet in.
We're new to hiking in general, but after about 5+ long trips this summer we did add some accessories to our pack. We did end up buying a Camelbak 3.0L hydration system, and that's been pretty awesome. We also bought a few hiking poles, because I found that really helps my arms feel more comfortable on long hikes. We're probably going to pick up the sunshade soon. We actually used the Kelty's sunshade until we resold it, just because we had it on hand, and it was really nice to have some rain coverage.
Three months later.... Often the pack is so big we don't take it and use the stroller instead. However, he always falls asleep in this pack and seems to love it.
Most recent customer reviews
We use it all the time now.
buy the rain cover for sun protection
Buy a mirror so you can see who is...Read more