Deuter Unisex Kid Comfort 2 Child Carrier
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Made in USA or Imported
- JPMA CERTIFIED FOR SAFETY - Independently tested to exceed state and federal safety guidelines; Soft padded 5-point safety harness adjusts to the child's size and height; Developed with a pediatric specialist to promote safe, healthy sitting position; Wide kickstand offers stability when pack is set down
- MAXIMUM VENTILATION - Deuter's innovative AirContact back system delivers a body-hugging fit paired with unmatched breathability; The large open pore structure of the AirContact pads performs a pump effect, whereby every movement prompts the exchange of air moving warmth and moisture away from the body; The result: 15% less perspiration than with other body-contour packs
- COMFORTABLE FOR KIDS & PARENTS - Step-in side access makes it simpler to get kids in and out of the carrier; Soft chin pad provides optimum support for little ones to rest or nap and is removeable and washable; Height-adjustable footrests keep little legs warm and promote circulation; An aluminum frame pairs up with ergonomic, padded hip belt and load adjustment straps for optimal load transfer and stability
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE - VariFit system easily adjusts to the exact length of the wearer's back, perfect for quickly swapping the pack between mom and dad without first having to remove child from the carrier; Anatomically shaped, pivoting VariFlex hip wings follow your every movement, even on steep or uneven terrain; S-shaped shoulder straps relieve neck strain
- FEATURES & SPECS - 2 grab handles makes pack easy to lift without assistance; Ample storage pockets and compartments; Compatible with 2- or 3-liter hydration systems or sun / rain roof (sold separately); Includes teddy bear; Weight Limit: 48.5 lbs (22kg); Volume: 16 L; Item Weight: 7lb 2oz (3.2kg); Dimensions: 28 x 17 x 13 in; Material: MacroLite 210 / PU Coated Super-Polytex
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Introduce little ones to the wonders of nature with comfort and ease! The Deuter Kid Comfort 2 is a bestselling favorite with kids and parents alike. Designed for that feeling of boundless freedom on longer hikes, this pack offers side step-in access, a large and super soft chin pad, a height adjustable seat, various pockets and compartments for mom or dad and has a Vari-Quick back system so transferring the load from one adult to the other is as simple as ever. JPMA approved for safety, this child carrier is ideal for kids weighing between 16 and 40 pounds who can sit up by themselves.
The Best Child Carriers by Deuter
Comfortable for Parents. Safe for Kids.
Since 1898 innovation and quality design have characterized the Deuter brand. Fit, ventilation and function are the key factors that shape each pack, including the child carriers. Deuter’s JPMA certified Kid Comfort packs are designed for parents looking for safe, ventilated, comfortable and highly adjustable carriers that allow families to explore nature together.
The Kid Comfort Series is designed for heavy use while withstanding the test of time. Through the design, material selection, and production processes, Deuter seeks maximum longevity in their products. Kid Comforts are backed by the Deuter Promise, a commitment to free or minimum-cost repair, ensuring a lifetime of use from your pack.
- Fold out kickstand with audible click-in function
- Convenient child side entry plus stirrups with high and low attachment points
- Large zippered cargo space beneath seat and zippered back compartment
- Sturdy aluminum frame for maximum stability
- Large, super soft ergonomic chin pad, removable and washable
- Sun and rain roof compatible, deluxe rain cover available (accessories sold separately)
- Fits waist size 24 - 54" and carries up to 48.5 lbs (total volume 16L)
The Aircontact Pro Backsystem
The Aircontact Pro backsystem creates flexibility and comfort with pivoting hip fins to follow complex body movements and two ergonomically formed V-shape aluminum stays to transfer up to 70% of load to the hips. A pull forward hip belt and shoulder stabilization straps create precision load control while specialized layers of hollow chamber foam pump heat and moisture away from the body. The VariFit-slide provides easy adjustment to a range of torso lengths and a great fit for all parents.
Kid Comfort System
A 5-point safety harness is designed with a child’s proportions in mind. Simple adjustability and color-coded buckles make the carrier easy to handle. The height of the seat is easily modified, even when occupied, and promotes a safe, comfortable, and healthy ergonomic seating position; the width of the seat widens or lessens in relation to the chosen seat height and, in combination with adjustable stirrups, creates a perfect individual position. (Stirrups not included on the Kid Comfort 1.)
Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) certifications go beyond required ASTM testing and offer the most stringent child safety standards in America. Testing includes flammability, hazardous materials, labelling, physical and mechanical durability/functionality, and impact testing. All Kid Comfort carriers are tested and JPMA certified for use with children who can independatally sit upright and maintain head control, up to a maximum load capacity of 48 lbs.
|Kid Comfort 1||Kid Comfort 2||Kid Comfort 3||Kid Comfort Air|
|Total Volume||14 Liters||16 Liters||18 Liters||14 Liters|
|Back System||Aircomfort Mesh||Aircontact Pro Foam Padding||Aircontact Pro Foam Padding||Aircomfort Mesh|
|Pack Weight||5 lb 7 oz||7 lbs 3 oz||7 lbs 11 oz||6 lbs 3 oz|
|Torso Range||15-20 inches||15-20 inches||15-20 inches||15-20 inches|
|Hip Belt Range||24-54 inches||24-54 inches||24-54 inches||24-54 inches|
|Weight Limit||48.5 lbs||48.5 lbs||48.5 lbs||48.5 lbs|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We bought a Kelty FC 3.0 first at a great price, and it while it fit me okay, it would not fit my husband. All of the weight went on his shoulders and none on his hips, and he couldn't do more than 10 minutes in it. Then we tried several older models loaned from a friend, and when all of those fit poorly, we started worrying we wouldn't find one that fit him at all. Finally, we tried an friend's new Osprey Poco, and while it fit my husband well, it's lowest setting still left a gap between my shoulders and the shoulder straps. We weren't ready to jump on a $300 carrier that only sort of fit me.
When we stumbled upon this carrier on clearance at our local trading post, we were beyond happy. The ratcheting shoulder straps allow it to adjust between "sizes" and fit both myself and my husband. There are size markings on the side, but you can easily adjust it above and below those. We can even shrink it down low enough my 10 year old can wear stuffed animals in it around the house. For fit, you can't get much better. If I extended their scale some, my daughter would be a X-Small, I would be a Small, and my husband about a X-Large.
The design itself is great too. The side pockets do well for hats and toys, and the lower pocket is roomy and perfect for diaper supplies. The hip pocket is nice for a camera, and you can roll up he waist straps and tuck them in so they don't dangle. We're not at all bothered by having to bring in/out the kickstand, and I actually prefer it more than the Kelty and the osprey, as it tucks in more compactly. I love that the child's straps bring the child forward, closer to your back (like the Osprey), instead of away from it (like the Kelty). I'm also glad there are foot stirrups, though as we're still using it with a baby, we don't use them often. She can just just tuck her feet in.
We're new to hiking in general, but after about 5+ long trips this summer we did add some accessories to our pack. We did end up buying a Camelbak 3.0L hydration system, and that's been pretty awesome. We also bought a few hiking poles, because I found that really helps my arms feel more comfortable on long hikes. We're probably going to pick up the sunshade soon. We actually used the Kelty's sunshade until we resold it, just because we had it on hand, and it was really nice to have some rain coverage.
I would recommend getting the sun/rain cover as well as the Deluxe rain cover, you need the sun/rain cover for the Deluxe rain cover to work. The reason I got the Deluxe rain cover was to insulate her more in the cold winters. When you put that thing on the only part showing is a small opening at her face, which is then wind-blocked pretty well by your head.
Overall there really is nothing that I don't like about this thing. It really is not that heavy and my daughter really does like riding in it.
The one thing that I really like about the older pack but has changed in the new pack is the size of the opening for largest compartment under where the child sits. The older one was wider and easier to unzip and load gear into where as the new were one is narrower and a little trickier to load gear into. The quality and durability are as expected for a Deuter product....superb. For anyone who enjoys hiking or walking around the local park/neighborhood I would definitely recommend this pack.