- This practical learning guide will improve your application lifecycle management and help you manage environments efficiently
- Showcase through a sample application ways to apply DevOps principles and practices in the real world
- Implement DevOps using latest technologies in Windows Server 2016 such as Windows Container, Docker, and Nano Servers
Delivering applications swiftly is one of the major challenges faced in fast-paced business environments. Windows Server 2016 DevOps is the solution to these challenges as it helps organizations to respond faster in order to handle the competitive pressures by replacing error-prone manual tasks using automation.
This book is a practical description and implementation of DevOps principles and practices using the features provided by Windows Server 2016 and VSTS vNext. It jumps straight into explaining the relevant tools and technologies needed to implement DevOps principles and practices. It implements all major DevOps practices and principles and takes readers through it from envisioning a project up to operations and further. It uses the latest and upcoming concepts and technologies from Microsoft and open source such as Docker, Windows Container, Nano Server, DSC, Pester, and VSTS vNext.
By the end of this book, you will be well aware of the DevOps principles and practices and will have implemented all these principles practically for a sample application using the latest technologies on the Microsoft platform. You will be ready to start implementing DevOps within your project/engagement.
What you will learn
- Take a deep dive into the fundamentals, principles, and practices of DevOps
- Achieve an end-to-end DevOps implementation
- Execute source control management using GITHUB and VSTS vNext
- Automate the provisioning and configuration of infrastructure
- Build and release pipeline
- Measure the success of DevOps through application instrumentation and monitoring
About the Author
Ritesh Modi is currently working as Senior Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, where he ensures that developers, startups, and companies are successful in their endeavors using technology. Prior to that, he was an Architect with Microsoft Services and Accenture. He is passionate about technology and his interest lies in both Microsoft as well as open source technologies. He believes optimal technology should be employed to solve business challenges. He is very active in communities and has spoken at national and international conferences.
He is a known industry leader and already a published author. He is a technology mentor for T-Hub and IIIT Hyderabad startup incubators. He has more than 20 certifications and is a Microsoft certified trainer. He's an expert on Azure, DevOps, Bots, Cognitive, IOT, PowerShell, SharePoint, SQL Server, and System Center. He has co-authored a book titled Introducing Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview with the Windows Server team. He has spoken at multiple conferences, including TechEd and PowerShell Asia conference, does lots of internal training and is a published author for MSDN magazine. He has more than a decade of experience in building and deploying enterprise solutions for customers.
Ritesh currently lives in Hyderabad, India.
Table of Contents
- Introducing DevOps
- DevOps Tools and Technologies
- DevOps Automation Primer
- Nano, Containers, and Docker Primer
- Building a Sample Application
- Source Code Control
- Configuration Management
- Configuration Management and Operational Validation
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Monitoring and Measuring