Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 254 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 274 reviews
on November 6, 2011
To be clear, this is not a microfiber towel. I have one and this is different. It is more like t-shirt material. If you have read Curly Girl and use the DevaCurl products you will appreciate the difference. This won't make your curly hair frizzy the way microfiber or terry cloth will. You can always use your old t-shirts, but I got tired of accidentally using the ones I wanted to wear and bought this. I can't give it 5 stars because I do agree that it is too small. It is less than half the size of my old microfiber towel, so I can only use it to scrunch water out of my long hair--I can't wrap my hair in it. It would be great if it were at least twice the size.
44 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2017
This towel did not keep my curls in tact like the T-Shirt towel I have, it barely fit around my large afro like curls and it did not dry my hair well. When I used the conditioning products I usually use in the shower and put my Devacurl gel in when I tied my hair in the towel it would come out very course and over-dried, like string instead of curly locks. Not a fan. Too late for me to return. Would not recommend especially at this price.
on March 22, 2014
It does dry hair, I'll give it that, but I had my frizz under control, used it two days in a row & both days I had bad frizz. It actually took me a while to get the frizz under control again, even after I stopped using it. Maybe it depends on the curls you have, but it's a no-go for me unfortunately. :(
on December 16, 2015
I resisted buying this for years as reviews complained that it was too small. I have a microfibre bath towel (read:huuuge!) and it was such a pain trying to dry my hair with it because it was so massive (and I use the Deva method of head upside down and scrunching dry hair with upward motion towards scalp). So I decided to risk the bad reviews and buy it. I have VERY thick curly shoulder length hair and this towel although small is perfect. The material is thicker and more spongy than the micro towels I am used to. Being small, it is easier to handle and scrunch up. And because it is spongy it absorbs and retains more of the water without overdrying the hair. I wish I had bought this years back! Oh and the material seems smoother (especially on one side) than the micro towel I have used before.
VINE VOICEon May 18, 2014
I bought two of these and mistakenly washed them both with other clothing. They're like their very own lint brushes so my towels were instantly covered in black and blue lint (the colors of my other towels). Another reviewer recommended that I just use a lint brush to remove it and we'll see.

With my next two towels, I wasn't taking any chances and I wash and dry them separately as the manufacturer recommends. So far, so good. I still find that the towels have a particular static cling...reminding me of my dust grabbing microfiber rags.

The towels are small because you're not supposed to be squeezing all your hair at once but instead squeezing it in sections. While on vacation, I ran out of towels (all towels) period in my hotel room and I used a man's undershirt (Hanes) on my hair and I really noticed the difference with my hair. I hope I notice the difference using these Devacurl towels soon.
on August 1, 2015
It drys my hair quite well with me scrunching.I just wish it was a tad bigger it looks like a wash cloth /rag as it is on my shoulders it doesn't reach from on shoulder to the other .i thought I got the wrong size or it was for a baby. It feels like a tshirt / microfiber material combo so basically a much softer version of a micro fiber towel .
review image
on December 31, 2013
I bought this towel because I own the 2010 edition of "Curly Girl" that advised me to 'use an old t-shirt, paper towel, or microfiber towel' to dry my hair, and I didn't want to waste paper towels or get rid of any shirts. The good news is, it does what it claims to do: It dries the hair with less frizz once styling takes place. The bad news is, after the first wash in the laundry, now it has 'fuzzies' all over it that I can't get off! I even skipped the bleach like it said in the instructions. I still have the towel, but sadly it gets little to no use anymore. Personally, I'm back to putting a towel on my head for 20 minutes before styling it.
on May 11, 2016
If you are a fan of Deva Curl and expecting the new larger Gray towel as pictured in this posting--DON'T. I received the older white small towel, which I already have. When I originally purchased this (four days ago), the price was higher as well. This is completely ridiculous.
review image
on August 20, 2016
Was not big like it showed in video..does not fit around my head and thick hair .
on February 1, 2012
buyer beware it is what it states .. but it is tooooooooooo small to use the curlygurl method with even though this is what it is advertising itself with. I got this to use one my 11 year old and its too small for her head let alone an adult woman. Don't waste your money

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.