Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4 reviews
on April 25, 2011
I picked this book up because it covered memcached, which I'm not familiar with and wanted to learn, as well as Apache, MySQL, and Perl, all of which I know very well, but I like to see other people's views and practices. The book is fairly modern, I had bought it in 2010, and it covers object-oriented Perl and, I was surprised to discover, Moose (the latest Perl OO framework).

Although this book is not the last book anyone interested in any of the topics will probably buy, it certainly will allow developers not familiar with the technologies to get a good grasp of the subjects, and more importantly, put it all together from beginning to end. I think that is probably the most important aspect of this book.

Armed with only this book, since everything covered are open source technologies, a user could dive deeper into any subject with just web searches. So maybe it is the last book someone would buy on the LAMP stack.
on April 19, 2014
I have not read it cover to cover yet.

But, I am very pleased with the way I was able to purchase this text
at such an affordable price.

I am a single mother who desires to continue her studies independently.

Thank you!
on August 7, 2011
I initially tried to follow the examples and methods to implement a product but found that routing had changed substantially with release 3.0. I still refered to it for some techniques because it was dived deeper than the updated version written by someone else.

This won't help much if your dealing with the recent releases but would be useful as a reference for those items that hadn't changed with release 3.0 and beyond.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse