- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 3 edition (August 1, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0205608574
- ISBN-13: 978-0205608577
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 0.5 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (10 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #475,858 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Developing a Professional Teaching Portfolio: A Guide for Success (3rd Edition) 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Are you looking for practical, yet comprehensive guidelines for developing a standards-based paper or electronic professional teaching portfolio?
Look no further! The third edition of Developing a Professional Teaching Portfolio: A Guide for Success leads you through the rigorous process of documenting the qualities of good teaching: sound planning and preparation, able classroom management, attention to quality instruction, and continuous professional growth. Real-world examples accompany expert advice on both content and presentation to help you create an effective portfolio that correlates evidence with national and state standards.
Practical Features for Your Success:
- A standards-based framework throughout the guide aids in selection of appropriate evidence of performance.
- A step-by-step process for creating a paper or electronic portfolio in three distinct phases of development simplifies portfolio construction.
- Assessment instruments facilitate evaluation of portfolio content.
- Nearly 100 examples, 25 new to this edition, of content and evidence of performance from teacher and intern portfolios model the elements of the book.
- Tear-out worksheets assist in content development during the portfolio creation process.
- NEW! Expanded information on creating electronic portfolios includes techniques for evaluating the quality of technical aspects of the portfolio and outlines a method for converting a paper portfolio into an electronic one.
- NEW! References to web sites supply additional information about electronic portfolios, including tips for development, online examples, and rubrics for assessment.
- NEW! References to 15 professional organizations provide access to professional standards related to specific areas of certification.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
This book is well-organized and gives valuable insights and provides guidelines on how to go about developing and maintaining a professional teaching portfolio. There are also examples of portfolios provided ,and a chapter on electronic portfolios. There is an appendix, glossary, reference, and index at the end. Recommended for those considering teaching as a profession and also for in-service teachers interested in a professional self-development tool that allows them to take responsibility for their own learning.