- File Size: 1403 KB
- Print Length: 163 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: April 22, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071KRH6YP
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #15,621 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Devil Hour (Things That Go Bump in the Night Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Samantha is a college girl that wants to move out of the dorm into her own house. With help of her parents, she purchases one half of an old house and gets her friends to help her move in. But the house is not all right. There is some paranormal presence residing, creeping Sammy out and driving her into insanity. Determined to solve the mystery, she does some digging in the past and even buys a cat to not feel alone in the house. Eventually, she gets an idea what might be disturbing her peaceful living.
Nice and quite fast-pacing story, with enjoyable characters and slight romantic entanglement. I liked the general atmosphere of the book, the feel of unnatural presence in the air, creating tension and drama in the whole setup. The characters' personalities were a bit pushed into the background, though, except for Sam, and their development sometimes too abrupt. I was also bothered by the typos and errors. Sure, I have read an ARC version, but I experienced the same issue also with previous books that I purchased directly.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed the story, and decided to provide my honest opinion voluntarily.
I have one rather large pick with this story. It is definitely NOT a cozy ghost mystery. Anything less cozy can't be imagined and there isn't a ghost in sight. This is horror. Reader beware.
Loved Sammy, the heroine, found the house interesting, and the paranormal events were truly creepy and made me jump.
The secondary characters were well described and the plot fairly rattled along.
I enjoyed it!
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Animals
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Supernatural > Ghosts
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural > Ghosts
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Animals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal