FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
+ $3.99 shipping
About the Product
- Single Player
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I strain to find any. But, Disc 2...Lucia's quest is a little better than Dante's. Still has all the cons, though she reminds me of BloodRayne.
1. Lack of a storyline, of any kind.
2. The camera angles are so bad that most of the time you are lost or don't know what you are fighting.
3. Dante's modeling is from a far distance and the combat is rhetorical at best.
4. It mimics Shinobi in most aspects. There's the empty city, deranged tanks and even copies of those hated dogs from Stage 3-A.
5. The swordplay was taken directly from Onimusha & Onimusha 2, it's that obvious. But, in this game...the sword will get you killed. It's all guns, no glory.
6. Dante is slow. He runs through the city in a crawl-like way and it takes forever to get from one place to another.
7. The beginning takes a lot from Tomb Raider and is quite pointless. You don't know where you are in this game and there's nothing to find.
8. It takes forever to power-up and there's not enough enemies in a single mission to get you the orbs to power-up.
9. The attack method is not similar to the original and The Matrix stunts won't get you the high demon rank.
10. Graphics. Twice the graphics, huh? The graphics can't hold a candle to Onimusha 2 in gameplay. The cutscenes aren't anywhere near Onimusha (1 or 2)and there is a scene where Dante slides down a pipe - similar to Final Fantasy X, though far less impressive. The main gameplay is reminiscent of BloodRayne...though...not in its league.Read more ›
Regarding the first, I loved the first DMC, but the end was terrible. The guys at Capcom really didn't know how to end it, which is ashame because everything flowed perfectly until then. It is obvious that you don't through mini-games at the end of a action/adventure. The whole red airplane (for those who beat the original) idea was cheesy and lame. The game also didn't need that silly space shooter at the end before you fight the big boss who killed Dante's father.
Enough said about the original, the second seems to have really improved over everything thus far ... except the story which is less involved. I guess this could be a good thing, because the first DMC built up this story about Dante's father in hell and Dante never saw his father. Devil May Cry 2 is not focused on building up a big story, therefore we can't be disappointed when the end story becomes weak and chiche' like the first.
DEVIL MAY CRY 2 - Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. Now, this is my thus-far review on DMC 2! Dante hero has returned to continue his war against the underworld of demons and super-villains. Joined by a hot chick named Lucia, you can choose which character you want in the beginning of the game.Read more ›
On it's own compared to the hundreds of action games out there it is a good game. The ability to turn in to a Devil and wreck havoc is a fun prospect. There are many well-rendered scenes and cool moves. The weapons of both characters are unlimited which means no looking for special ammo to defeat the special boss. The boss battles lend a fair amount of difficulty having you find a different way to defeat each one.
Its flaws are few but strong enough to take away from the overall experience of the game. As I mentioned before Dante has lost the cool, cocky, elegance of the previous game, making him a bland straightforward action version of himself. The levels lack activity for there size. This makes you, sometimes, bored. The random battles help fill in the blanks but you can get annoyed every so often because of this.
In short I'm disappointed with CAPCOM for making a bad sequel of a great game. So bad in fact that I'm actually thinking of selling my game. Save your money and buy it used because otherwise it will leave you with the feeling of being used.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I thought this was a ripoff of Bayonetta, until I got my timelines straight. Great game, love the guns/sword hack n slash combatPublished 4 months ago by nougat420
DMC2 is in fact a very unique game, and has the same quality as the first DMC, it also darker it reminds me a lot of Soul Reaver. Read morePublished 9 months ago by RonnieMaster
I know there have been A LOT of complaints about Devil May Cry 2 from people but I think it is a very enjoyable game. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Resident55011