About the Product
- From the producer of the original Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 4. 2 playable characters ¿ take control of both Nero and Dante. High-definition visuals moving at 60 frames per second.
- Blend of familiar and new: newcomer Nero clashes with veteran Dante plus appearances from Trish, Lady and others from the DMC series. Numerous new characters and environments.
- Exceed System allows Nero to easily charge up his sword with a throttle effect, revving up to three levels with powerful and varied attack options. Deep combo system rewards stylish dispatching of enemies.
- Unique "Devil Bringer" arm opens up a range of never seen before combo options. Distinct set of weaponry and moves for Nero and Dante.
- New active style change system for Dante allows him to switch styles and weapons on the fly, producing crazy combo possibilities. Signature blend of guns and swordplay.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Nero resembles Dante and Dantes estranged twin brother Virgil, familiar to players from earlier games in the series. This might be more than a just a coincidence--youll have to play through the game to find out for sure--but what is certain is that like Virgil, Nero has a serious problem with Dante; one that can only end badly for one of them.As DMC4 opens players not only witness, but participate in Neros trial by fire as he is unexpectedly forced to go head-to-head with Dante. The youngest, but most promising new member of the land of Fortunas "Holy Knights," the military arm of the "Order of Maken," an organization pledged to destroy all demons as well as defend the memory and worship of Sparda, the historical Dark Knight who rebelled against the Dark Emperor to champion the fate of humanity, the Holy Knights highly respect Dante, who is a direct descendent of Sparda. This makes what Nero and players of the game must do all the more difficult, but no less necessary. A tutorial for learning and developing Neros skills as well as serving as the games first boss battle, playing as Nero, players must hold their own against the legendary demon hunter before they can proceed further into the game. But be prepared for Dante to return later in the game.The World of Devil May Cry 4
Just as in previous installments in the DMC series, the world players explore in Devil May Cry 4 is lavishly gothic, feeling both ancient and modern simultaneously and is peopled by demons and demon hunters. In this dangerous world players weapons are sometimes all they can count on. Although you begin your journey playing in the role of newcomer Nero, players will also have the opportunity to play as Dante, Both characters arsenals of weapons and abilities are impressive, but not too difficult to master. See the partial list of both characters weapons and abilities below:Nero
- "Devil Bringer" Arm: Integrated into Neros right arm, it is a mystery even to Nero, but quickly reveals itself as a very effective weapon against demons, especially the largest among them.
- Red Queen: Effective at when swung at high speeds, this sword has a motorcycle handle base that sprays flammable liquid on enemies when squeezed.
- Blue Rose: Used for long range attacks, this pistol has two barrels which can be fired at once with armor piercing force.
- The Exceed System: Allows Nero to charge up his sword with a throttle effect, revving up to three levels with powerful attack options.
- Force Edge: Sharp and indestructible, this sword is a memento from his father Sparda, and was used to defeat the ancient enemy Mundus and seal the gateway to the underworld.
- Ebony & Ivory: Dantes twin .45 caliber companion pistols. They are Dantes trusty companions as he battles supernatural evils.
- Beowulf: Double gauntlets and greaves hold a flashing power to strike down enemies at close distances.
- Active Style Change System: These allow Dante to switch between fighting styles and weapons on the fly, producing crazy combo possibilities that players will need to master.
Joining Nero and Dante as they battle demons and each other throughout the games next-generation enhanced environments are a wide array of non-player characters both old and new to the Devil May Cry series. Familiar faces from the past like Trish and Lady will be there as well as new characters like Kyrie to illustrate Neros side of the story in the demon-filled landscapes of Fortuna and continue the legacy of fast paced, rich action players have come to expect from the Devil May Cry universe.Additional Collector's Edition Content:
- Heavy-duty metal game case with protective sleeve
- The Devil May Cry Animated Series
- Volume 1 (4 full length episodes)
- More than 2 hours of content
- Learn more about the world of Devil May Cry
- Bonus DVD
- Art gallery
- Game soundtrack
- "Making of" video
- Downloadable PC content
Top Customer Reviews
So my reasoning goes like this: The anime can be purchased separately for 30 dollars, or you can get it here for 20 dollars along with a bunch of bonus content. This is a game that you'll revisit down the line, and you'll be glad you bought the limited edition in time. And even if you do plan to sell it someday, it will be worth more than the regular version and you'll still have gotten a deal on all the extras, especially the anime.
Now for the meat and potatoes; This collectors edition is a must buy for DMC fans. The packaging is visually appealing with some neat artistic effects. The slip sleeve is transparent has the text for devil may cry 4 and the blue light behind it as its front image, and as you slide it off to reveal the metal case you'll find that the image of nero is part of a larger picture embedded into the metal case that is obscured by the transparent sleeve. Even better is that the reverse side of the metal case has a similarly positioned Dante so that you can essentially give the game the cover of your preference when its slip-sleeve is on. :-D There is a seperate gatefold DvD case for the DMC anime series inside the slip-sleeve and although i found that it was a bit of a tight fit, i didn't feel cheapened by its position in the packaging.
The Metal Case is definately tough, and stays shut very securely, but worry not, it is easy to open. Inside you have an art booklet/instruction manual and the bonus dvd that you can watch on your dvd player or computer. The enhanced PC features include the soundtrack and screensavers. The soundtrack only includes 5 songs, but they are very high quality mp3s, it even has its own application that you can fire up and listen to the tracks with.Read more ›
Now down to game play, as you all know a new character is introduced here, Nero, he plays similar, but not so similar to Dante. It is a very fun game, you do also get to play as Dante, he is a lot older and more comical than before. A definite game to pick up. It also has a very nice story, and a gripping intro (I was like 0_0 when i first seen it!)
Now with all this praise come some criticism, It is astronomically short. 1st time was 10.5 hours to beat, but every other play through was much longer (Different modes) But there is about 2 hours (give or take) Of cut-scenes.
And also, Dante was more of an after thought here (playability wise) As with him there is alot of back-tracking. Lady and Trish literally make a brief intro. Lady gets the short end of the stick here, you only see her for 20sec. and thats at the bonus ending only!! And there not playable! Oh well maybe in DMC 5 (wonder when that will hit shelves o_o )
Overall these few things should not scare you away from this amazing title!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The game was well packaged but the box had a lot stretches and dents in it. Now this didn't really bother as much the fact that it only came with the manual, the bonus dvd, and the... Read morePublished 2 months ago by miguel
Excellent like new, very good product, I think that could be with scratches in the surfaces but didn't.Published 6 months ago by caheh
Got the game in like 3 to 4 days which was a lot faster then expected. Game was in fantastic shapePublished on January 27, 2013 by Kyle
I love it great product A + + + + + + + + + + + + ++ +Published on January 7, 2013 by Freddy Estrella
the game arrived in good time and was packaged securely. the game is an excellent continuation of the series, i just wish it were longer and am not to sure if i like the whole... Read morePublished on May 31, 2012 by deansbooboo
Me and my brother play for few times. we keep this as our collection. I recommend this game for other.Published on November 4, 2010 by B. Chau
Despite taking a back seat to nero in this story (which isn't a bad thing) this game is awesome. I loved it over all over all the games in the series. Read morePublished on April 19, 2010 by DsH
Got this game for my boyfriend, for Valentine's Day. He hasn't been off it since!Published on February 22, 2009 by E. Woods