Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 28, 2014
The story line is still good of course. You'll have to read this to continue to know Ash's story. Get ready for a snarky ride though. I don't know what it was with this book, but it seemed like every character was constantly on. Every conversation was filled with ready responses, and a whole lot of sarcasm. Including our all powerful, laid back, man of few words, constant hero, God of all Gods, Ash. His demeanor was more like (before death) Nick, then an all powerful God, take no prisoners Ash. I do agree with other reviews that it was taxing on the nerves, Gods bickering like new age teenagers. Gods as old as time, spending most of their time in other realms, are using cell phones, updated sarcasm, slang, fashion, etc.. It was not much different from reading a YA novel, just with the racey sex scenes included. But like I said you still have to read it to learn more about our unfailing hero Ash. So with that in mind I'll give it 3 stars, because it continues a series I have been enjoying. I do believe that Kenyon is stretching the mark from where she started with the first few books though. I would like to see her get back to some of that again.
3 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2017
5+ stars

Five stars aren’t enough for this story. I’m a big fan of the Dark Hunters (and the Were Hunters and the Dream Hunters), so it’s safe to say that I’m going to enjoy just about any book in these series, but this one was even better than I expected.

This is the story of Sin, an ex-Sumerian god (of fertility) who was stripped of his powers thousands of years ago by Artemis (or so he thinks). He’s endured the worst kind of betrayals from those closest to him, and now fights to protect humanity, pretty much by himself.

Katra is Artemis’ secret daughter, and when Artemis sends Katra to kill Sin, she just can’t do it. She ends up falling in love with him, despite his super huge trust issues, and helps him in his battle.

It’s a great, great story with lots of twists and turns, cry moments and laughs, and some surprises.

If you’ve never read any of the Dark Hunters before, I wouldn’t start with this book. It is a very complicated world, and even though I’ve read more than a dozen in this series alone, I have trouble keeping it all straight if it’s been a while.
on February 20, 2015
“You know the incredible thing about hearts is their unbelievable capacity for forgiveness. You’d be amazed what people will overlook when they love someone. (Acheron)”
― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry

Kat has appeared in many of the books before this one so you get to know her a little bit through the other books. She is very strong willed, kind, and very honest. Katra has unimaginable power that no one quite knows about. When they first introduced Kat in previous series, I knew I would like her, she is a bad-ass in disguise.

Sin who use to be a the god of fertility and the moon. Years ago he has his powers stolen right out from under his nose. In the beginning he was a pissed off Sumerian who was bent on revenge.

Artemis is scared that Sin is going to try and come kill her again. So she sent out dear out Katra to assassinate him. But Katra doesn't want to kill him until she has enough evidence that he is just as crazy and messed up in the head as people say he is. She first say him killing a gallu and chopping their heads of and burning his flesh with a knife, she thought he was mad. He vanished from her sights and she looked all over for him, until she ran into a gallu which almost killed her and he saved her. Now she knows the issue at hand and doesn't want to kill him because if she does the world will die as they know it.

This book was a little different with the romance and the love making. There was no "God I gotta have her now" when they first met. Actually when they first met, Sin mistook Kat to be Artemis and tried to kill her. Go figure no love there. But Kat has never and I mean ever been with a man before. I thought it was sweet how they came to be together slowly but surely, they got to know each other.

I throughly enjoyed this book for many of reasons:
1. Acheron was in it
2. We learned more about Acheron's past
3. We learned who Katra really is
Also Kat has gone eleven thousand years knowing who her father is and basically sees him everyday but she can't utter one word to him. In this story she was finally able to talk to him and it made me cry. I was really happy for Kat. In the other books Artemis really pisses me off, if I could smack her I would. She keeps Acheron tied up like a puppy dog and I feel so bad for him. But now, knowing she is able to love and take care of another being, I feel a little different about her.

If your currently reading the books before this and as soon as you get to this one you will fall in love.
2 people found this helpful
on May 8, 2014
What's great about this book is the premise - someone (Sin) who's seeking revenge from someone else (Artemis) finds himself entangled with someone else (Kat) who's related to the being he's seeking revenge from.
The plot is fun and also action-packed, and romance is steaming, as usual with Kenyon.
Sin, I felt sorry for, but I also enjoyed him as a character, with the development he'd gone through and everything he stood for. Katra is wonderful, although I also pittied her. Artemis is an annoying goddess I wished would die already. Sure, she's capable of some form of love, but she's still so immature, egotistical and wrapped in herself, I just want Kenyon to either give her her own book, in which someone puts her in her place and she changes, or for her to die. I can't stand her anymore, so the only downfall of this entry was her way too active presence. But other than that, it's a great addition.
One person found this helpful
on August 25, 2013
When he looks around hell and realizes he's alone. And no one knows that better than Sin, the ancient Summerian who has lived a life of betrayal. It's a whole new pantheon with all new bad guys threatening the end of the world that you just love to hate. Enter Katra (Kiss of the Night and Dream Hunter) who is sent by Artemis to kill him only to end up joining in the battles against the Gallu and Dimme demons. Both the heroine and hero are likeable, witty, and entertaining. Totally love Kat and her sarcasm especially when she calls Sin a "fun-vampire" because he is continually sucking the fun out of everything with his doom and gloom. Simi and her sister, Xirena, have major roles in this book, as does Deimos (aka Demon from Upon the Midnight Clear) and Xypher (Dream Chaser). You finally get to see Acheron in his alternate form, and it's like something out of Legend or the Belroc from Lord of the Rings.
on March 22, 2015
Incredible! I have been reading Sherrilyn Kenyon's books for years now. And I must say Devil May Cry is one of my favorites! I love Sin and Kat's relationship. From how they met, learning to trust each other, their fights and sarcastic comments. To when they fell in love.
The story line had me at the edge of my seat. There were parts in this book where I found myself either crying or laughing. Sometimes both! We even learn more about Acheron. Whom I love dearly and plan to jump head first into his book!
Another book to add to my favorites!
Thank you Sherrilyn Kenyon!
on July 3, 2017
The book is great! My only disappointmentioned is the narrator for this book, I believe he was different from the past narrators, miss pronouncing the names such as Acheron was a stickler. And the past narrator had Simi's character amazing! So colorful and energetic. This narrator lost the energy and had Simi very subdued! The book is awesome though I listen to them while I stock at my job, these stories make my time pass with a huge smile and laughs! The price is high for audible but I get to lie ten and work at the same time! Can't wait to purchase the next book! I've loved all of them so far!
on June 2, 2010
I like this book and how it answered quite a few loose ends about Ash, but since I did come upon this series late I have the fun advantage of cherry-picking books from it. This is probably the reason why I'm not all that disappointed about Acheron's book and what came after it. But this book is really good despite the fact that the main characters are less human and more gods who are still influenced by love in their own godly lives. This actually got me thinking how is it that LOVE is not a curiculum in basic education if it fixes everything? Is KNOWLEDGE really is power? Maybe it is knowing how to love or loving the knowledge. This is really a fun way of re-learning mythology and then some. I highly recommend the entire series in however way you want to read it.

As far the characters in this book I was kinda hoping Zakar and Kytara would have an HEA.

Why can't this book be in kindle?
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 23, 2010
I love the Dark Hunter series and have been reading it from the first book. But sadly, the further into the series you get, the more the books seem rushed and just silly. This one in particular felt like it was just churned out like "product." It is lacking character development and the heroine, Katra, acts absurd in several parts -- for example, making wise cracks when her beloved guy is grieving over the tomb of his daughter. Every scene feels rushed, like Kenyon just wants to tell you what happened rather than take the time to weave the imagery and draw you in. I don't mind the stories being formulaic as long as they are well done and the author puts in the work to really describe the characters and evoke images and feelings. In this installment, it feels like Kenyon was rushing to push out more product to sell. I hope the next book in the series is better.
on June 7, 2012
Super short review - I liked that we learned a lot more about Acheron.

The rest of the story is about Katara and Sin. Sin is a Sumerian god who got his powers taken away by, none other than the bi*** goddess, Artemis. There are new evil monsters in this book that the Sumerians had created a long time ago and they are threatening to overtake the world. The gallu can turn you into one of them with just one bite. Of course, Sin is trying to stop them and everyone hates him because they think he is a big jerk, Katara and Sin fall in love, Acheron is awesome, Artemis is a bi*** and that's about the gist of it.

But I do like that we learned more about Acheron, poor dude has had one hell of a life.