- File Size: 227 KB
- Print Length: 95 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Becoming Press LLC (August 18, 2013)
- Publication Date: August 18, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00ENNUULO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#680,770 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #675 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Motherhood
- #941 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- #1641 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Devotionals
|Print List Price:||$8.97|
Save $5.00 (56%)
Devotions for Moms: Thirty-Seven Devotionals for Christian Moms Kindle Edition
|Length: 95 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Each devotion begins with a Biblical quote (maybe several quotes) and ends in prayer. In between the reader is asked or guided through thought-provoking questions to see God’s truth behind life’s distractions. Who or what do you fear? Asks the author in one place. And Why should we have confidence in God?
These devotions are all sufficiently long to draw the reader in, while still being short enough for a quick lunch break before school’s out again. Both authors are open and honest, reminding busy moms we’re all in this together—and God is with us. And both offer wise and practical advice, as well as prayer.
For me, these devotions read like phone calls, with much left unsaid and much to ponder alone. The authors teach what they’ve learned rather than sharing complex details. And the lessons are good, well-written and well-planned for “the craziness of our lives.”
For readers needing more, there are links to more books embedded in the text—a neat idea.
Disclosure: I was given a free ecopy and I offer my honest review.
One thing that struck me was how raw this devotional is. So many are preachy - what one should do. But life doesn't work according to what one "should" do - we are human, we fall short, and some days, our heart knows deep down that God has a plan but our in-the-trenches mind is saying, "Really? REALLY???" and so we struggle. But the author doesn't berate her readers for feeling...well, human...and instead puts herself up as example of one just as human as the rest of us.
I have a daily devotional that I am starting to work though, but it's a "Day 1 is here, day 2 is here..." etc. As much as I love it, because it breaks down the Bible from start to finish, sometimes we need to be able to find a way to speak with the Lord on our terms, not a book's terms. This book will definitely get a lot of reading as I find there are just some days where I'm called to reread a particular chapter.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. I was not required to write a positive review, nor compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.
Most any situation that we find ourselves in is discussed in this book. Each topic is dealt with in a highly human yet grace-filled way. While our weaknesses are detailed before our eyes, the God-focused solution to each problem is brought to our attention for our own betterment and personal meditation. There is no judgment; there is only love. Where you think you might find cold rebuke, you will only discover a deeply ingrained grace that longs to finds a home in your own heart.
I would encourage you to open your mind and your heart to these raw, honest, and deeply human devotional that discusses the issues that we deal with every day. Instead of hiding or denying what you are dealing with, allow the love, grace, and peace that flows through this book to fill your heart and refresh your soul.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A few minutes to take apart with Papa ...
Also have in on me phone kindle ...
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Devotionals
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Motherhood
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Motherhood
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Devotionals