Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DEWALT DCB201 1.5-Ah 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Compact Battery
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on January 11, 2013
Using this battery in my square-drive impact feels great. I used the cordless impact wrench everyday and this compact battery doesn't weigh down the gun. For those who use the 20V 3 Ah battery and want to lighten the weight of your gun, I recommend getting the 1.5 Ah battery.
on March 1, 2013
I bought 2 of these batteries and they work great. I use them primarily with my impact driver and it really makes for a lightweight and powerful combination. They work equally well in my drill driver. If you plan to use them in the hand saw I would recommend buying the 3.0 Ah batteries as these will allow for more cuts between charging. A great battery I would highly recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 26, 2012
The re-designed clip of this lithium ion battery is awesome, and long overdue.
It fits Dewalts new 20 volt 1 1/2 ah drill and impact driver, DCK280C2.
The same set and design also comes in a 20 volt 3 ah combo.

Some of Dewalt's drill designs have been awkward to use.
Such as, you can't reach the forward/reverse button with the thumb
of the same hand thats holding the drill.

And the buttons of the Dewalt traditional style battery pack require
a long reach by your thumb and middle finger to reach some hard to press buttons.

Both of those issues have been addressed.
Now when you hold the drill, the forward/reverse button is at thumbs reach.
And this battery has one easy to press buttom on the front of the battery
that releases the clip, and the battery slides out.
Now this is a smooth operation!

The lithium ion 20v charges in 15 to 30 min. depending how low the battery is.
on March 11, 2014
I got this for my husband. He needed a drill that had higher torque and lasted longer. I read through a LOT of info on various drills (including reviews) and through many batteries for those drills. This was the lightest one - slides in easily and unclips easily (just watch that you don't pinch yourself when sliding the battery in)
It's light weight, it lasts a long time and charges up fast :)

I bought it for the DEWALT DCD780B 20-Volt MAX Lithium Ion Compact Drill/Drill Driver. This is being used commercially (he works on planes) and so far he's thrilled... and everyone is asking to borrow it lol.
on July 16, 2014
The good: They're lightweight. They power the drills for a long time with tons of power

The bad: They're expensive. They barely power a saws all for long enough to get through more than a couple 4x4s. The biggest negative is that they will not charge if the ambient temperature is above 85 (i.e. when we actually work). You literally have to keep your charger and batteries in front of an ac unit if you want them to charge.

Having used both, I would choose to go with the old 18v setup if I were starting over.
on May 19, 2013
Unlike the NiCd batteries, these Lithium Ion batteries have an electronic circuit board in the battery pack. If the battery is hot and if is placed in the charger, the circuit board will prevent the battery from charging and causing a failure. That's a good thing, however, if the little circuit board fails, you lose the entire battery pack and that is what happened to me. The replacement is an exact duplicate of the original, cost less than the original and works perfect. I highly recomment this product and vendor.
on November 15, 2014
I have 3 of these batteries. One of which failed in the first 6 months of ownership. It started not holding a charge within about 2 months. Now it wont do a thing. Warranty is reasonable length, but is difficult to engage. They want me to drive over 1/2 hour away to have a company check out the battery. It's a dead battery... just send out a new one.

Update:
I found their contact form and asked Dewalt just to send me a new battery instead of making me go to a service center. They responded by shipping out a replacement at no cost to me, asking me to recycle the old battery.
Upping rating based un their support.
on January 8, 2014
I like the DeWalt battery system--they're strong and stout and last. The thinner 1.5 work well, and I pair them up with the USB converter for emergency power for handhelds when power goes out. Delivery was fast and efficient
on February 18, 2013
I got this free as a combo with my drill set. Having three of these batteries is kind of pointless unless you are on a job with no charging. Last a long time under heavy use and store the charge as long as needed.
on June 8, 2013
My husband has the tools that this rechargeable battery is used for, and he loves having two that he can switch back and forth. He always has one charging while using the other. This is a replacement for one that someone stole, so my husband is apparently not the only one who likes them.