Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DiMarzio DP720 D Activator 7-String Bridge Humbucker Pickup Black
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

87%
13%

on July 11, 2016
These pickups really hit hard. Nice lows and punchy mid range. If you put too much distortion or gain with these babes, instead of sounding nice it will be a muddy and shoddy sound. Take your time to find the right amount of gain for your rig/axe. They are very responsive to picking dynamics and will clean up nicely with the volume pot if it is a decent pot. Shabby pots may not do the trick. Worth every penny spent.
on July 25, 2015
If you want the hotness of an active pickup without having to route your guitar, get the D Activator 7 Bridge. Even though I prefer Seymour Duncan pickups (I have blackouts in my 8 string and other 7 because they were already routed for it), if you want a high output passive bridge pickup, this is it. Had the D Activator 7 set put in my Ibanez RG7321 when I was just getting started, I put the same set in my Epiphone Les Paul 7 when I got that and after I ditched both and got an Ibanez XPT707FX much later, I was happy because it came with the D Activator set stock, so I didn't have to order them this time. Though I would have in a heartbeat if it didn't.
on November 3, 2014
These pickups are great for a wide variety of music. They have a nice punch and bass for metal, and the neck pickup or center position is great for blues as well. They have a nice gain, and make artificial and natural harmonics easy to hit and sound great. By far my favorite metal pickups. The 7 string version is great for hitting anything on the 7th string, because it has a punch (attack) and not a chug.
on June 12, 2012
My guitar originally came with stock pickups, and every guitarist knows that these just won't do. The problem with finding pickups for a seven string guitar is that most of them are Active, while my guitar is passive(Schecter Omen Extreme-7). I did my research a bit and after watching a few videos i found what i was looking for. This pickups give my Low B-string a whole new life! Like what you hear with many active pickups, the low B-string has a thud like no other string. The harmonics are Amazing! This pickup can go from a super distortion pickup or a super clean pickup. I prefer Heavy metal so i obviously use this more for distortion. And most 7-strings are for metal.

Bottom line. These are the only passive pickups you could want for a seven string!
on February 4, 2012
Replaced the bridge "New 7" of my RG7620 with the D Activator, and it sounds so much better now. Tighter lows, chunky mids, easy pinch harmonics, etc.
on September 23, 2014
Love them. I play every style from metal/hardcore to classical to jazz. These pickups do it all. Very rich with a lot of bite.
on February 20, 2015
The most beastly passive bridge pickup out there..can't believe not active.but much darker..perfect sustain..
on April 25, 2014
This pickup rules! I aquired an agile interceptor 7 string and the stock pickups where kind of muddy so I did some research and watched a couple of videos and came to this one.

My set up it a early 5150 with a Marshall 1960a cab. I run it through a line 6 wireless system with a compressor and a noise reduction (it's not pointless I promise you. No hiss, prefect clarity and response.) my guitar screams so well right now. Just wish I found all green ones.

See 1 answered question