DiMeCard micro8 microSD Memory Card Holder (Ultra thin credit card size holder, writable label)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra-slim design - 1/10th inch thin, credit card size for wallet (thinnest in the world!)
- Writable panels to note memory card contents
- Ideal companion for camera phones, smart phones & tablet PC's
- Holds eight microSD memory cards (not included) (does NOT hold full-size SD cards)
- Other colors/ designs available - search dimecard to view full range
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Thin, durable memory card holder slips comfortably into wallet, purse or pocket. Store up to 4 TERABYTES (4,096 GIGABYTES) depending on the size of your memory cards. Memory cards are held firmly in place, optionally attach to lanyard (not supplied). Ideal for use with microSD-compatible mobile phones, tablet PC's, cameras, camcorders, games consoles, etc. Allows you to keep all your photo's, videos, movies, emails with you off-line, always available even when your network is not. No need to leave valuable data in your phone or PC, carry it with you on-person. *** PLEASE NOTE THIS HOLDER DOES NOT ACCOMMODATE FULL-SIZE SD CARDS (alternate model available). The DiMeCard provides a click, heard and felt when each microSD card is inserted into the holder and has positively locked in. * when a card has been inserted & locked in it will sit flush inside the card holder edge, if it has not locked in it will protrude over the edge of the card holder. Each memory card is retained by an internal spring clip which engages with the notch on the side of the microSD card. As SD Card Association members we have purposefully designed the holder to use this notch feature of the microSD specification. This is the safest way and avoids any bending strain on the chip inside the memory card. The DiMeCard micro8 has been drop tested from a height of 12 feet on to a hard surface and even when the card holder lands on its edge, none of the eight microSD cards are ejected. The card holder has also been tested by attaching it to a lanyard and 'swinging' it by rotation at 100 RPM without any memory cards falling out. * Memory cards are enclosed when inserted allowing the DiMeCard to slip smoothly in and out of the inner sleeves of a tight wallet without snagging. * Card holder body molded in one-piece ABS plastic. * Also available in white and red.
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE: I was personally contacted by the manufacturer of this product concerning this review. They were concerned about some of my comments and wanted to clarify things for me. Here's what they told me:
* There is a definite click when the card is inserted and has positively locked in. It is obvious when a card has not been properly inserted because it will sit proud from the edge. If your card holder is not operating in that way, please return it to Amazon for a refund.
The memory card is retained by an internal spring clip which engages with the notch on the side of the microSD card. We are members of the SD Card Association and have purposefully designed the holder to use this notch feature of the microSD specification. This is the safest way and avoids any bending strain on the chip inside the memory card. We have drop tested the card from 12 feet on to a hard surface and even when the card lands on its edge, none of the eight microSD cards are ejected. The card holder has also been tested by attaching it to a lanyard and 'swinging' it by rotation at 100 RPM without any memory cards falling out.
* We fully enclose the memory cards when they are inserted because the holder is designed to slip smoothly in and out of the inner sleeves of a wallet without snagging. The enclosed memory card is better protected against dust, dirt, grit and physical damage.
* We have increased the write-able area for making notes on card contents in the current design.
* We limit the number of microSD cards to eight so that this ultra slim holder is strong enough and not too rigid to break when carried in a wallet.
I was not aware of the spring clip which holds the microSD card in. I checked, and there IS a definite click when the card is inserted and it DOES appear to hold securely. The card does seem to be more solidly built than the other card I mentioned, and it IS smoother, so it would slide smoothly in and out of a wallet, if I were to ever put it in a wallet. The way it fully encloses the microSD card would better protect it too. However I do still prefer to be able to actually SEE the size on the card itself, rather than having to write it in. As a result of this information and reevaluation, I've improved my rating and review.
- Nice labels. I used a fine Sharpie to label each slot, and there has been no noticable wear on the labels in the past few weeks, with daily use.
- Although meant for wallet use, I found a better place to carry it... in that useless business card holder inside the front flap of my tablet's case! Perfect. My cards are always with my tablet!
- Not really a con for me, as I don't carry it in a wallet, however it is rather thick... so figure on it taking up the same space as three credit cards would, thickness-wise.
- No spot to carry the adapter card to convert it to SD sized for my larger computers. Not a deal killer for me, however it it had one this would be a five star product!
I got this one so I could carry my precious vacation pictures in my wallet. We'll be gone for a long time, and I take a lot of pictures. My strategy is to use many different smaller cards, rather than one huge card. This spreads the pictures across multiple cards, so if a card stops working for some reason I've only lost the pictures on that one card. Also, most of the pictures will be in my wallet, so if my camera gets lost or stolen (or dropped in a lake), I only lose some of my pictures.
Anyway, this is my plan, and it seems like it should work fine. I go this one for the micro cards because it's thinner than the one which holds the standard size SD cards. I'll just use the micro cards with an adapter in my camera.
I did a "drop test" and the MicroSD cards stayed in place and protected. I did put it into my wallet to check the fit and it did fit into one of the credit card slots but it makes my wallet a little fatter and I'm not comfortable with that. It is a fairly thin holder and not a bulky case like others. I am 100% pleased with this MicroSD card holder
I definitely recommend this device and will probably by more as my library of MicroSD cards continue to expand.