Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Welcome to DiRT Rally - a new world of DiRT.
- A pure expression of rally, the pinnacle of off-road motor racing and it begins now, in Early Access, with regular free updates including new locations, new game modes and new vehicles.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Built by Codemasters and road tested over 60 million miles by the DiRT community, DiRT Rally is the ultimate rally experience. It captures the essence of what makes rally unique like no other game – that sense of trying to remain in control of your emotions, as you hurtle along dangerous, undulating roads at breakneck speed, aiming to squeeze everything out of your car whilst knowing that one crash could irreparably harm your stage time.
Every stage tests you differently, as you race on the edge of control across varying surfaces in a range of environments such as snow, ice, tarmac and dirt and as you tackle a variety of weather types. As the car suffers attrition, you need to account for mechanical damage whilst your dedicated rally team tries to keep you competitive with time-limited repairs. Stages string together and each rally becomes a marathon-like test of concentration and skill as you trust in your co-driver, chasing that ever-elusive perfect run.
DiRT Rally also includes officially licensed World Rallycross content, allowing you to experience the breathless, high-speed thrills of some of the world’s fastest off-road cars as you trade paint with other drivers at some of the series best-loved circuits, in both singleplayer and high-intensity multiplayer races.
• ICONIC RALLY CARS - Rally is about having the right tools, the right strategy and the right team. DiRT Rally has all of those. It boasts 39 of the most iconic and relevant cars from yesteryear through to modern day, representing the cars that the players want, and the ones that make the most sense for the surfaces they race on.
• SIX MASSIVE RALLIES WITH OVER 70 STAGES - Winding paths through forests, death defying drops off hillsides and narrow mountain paths are what this is all about, it’s you and your car versus the road ahead. Head to the muddy paths of Wales, the dusty trails of Greece and the icy tarmac of Monte Carlo. Take on the legendary hillclimb of Pikes Peak, the snowy thrills of Sweden, and the epic scenery of Finland. DiRT Rally has the iconic locations to test your nerve and delight your senses.
• OFFICIAL FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CONTENT – Race at the Lydden Hill, Holjes and Hell tracks in six of the fastest off-road cars and take on your friends in high intensity, bumper-to-bumper multiplayer racing.
• UPGRADES, REPAIRS, SETUP AND TUNING - DiRT Rally delivers depth in areas beyond driving – elements such as repairs, upgrades, and setup & tuning add a rich and strategic dimension to your rally experience.
• CHALLENGING, UNCOMPROMISING HANDLING MODEL - To take off-road racing to a level of realism not reached before, Codemasters has completely rebuilt the physical simulation for DIRT Rally. To adequately capture how it feels to race across changing surfaces, the Codemasters team has created brand new models for differential, suspension, engine mapping and turbo modelling. Codemasters has also modelled the way in which loose surfaces collect under the wheels during lateral sliding, creating a completely new feel to sliding around corners. This new physical simulation conveys the character of the compelling selection of cars as well as conveying the nuances of the game’s high fidelity racing surfaces.
• TEAM MANAGEMENT - Hire and fire your crew members each of whom which will have different skills, improving repair times for different parts of the car. Teach them new skills as they gain experience and work together as a team to improve your performance in events.
• RACENET LEAGUE SUPPORT - Get together with friends and run your very own racing league. Join or create unlimited leagues and run them how and when you want.
• DAILY, WEEKLY AND MONTHLY RACENET CHALLENGES - It’s you versus the entire DiRT community in a series of one-day, week-long and month-long challenges to earn in-game credits to improve your car and team.
|PC Minimum System Requirements:||PC Recommended System Requirements:|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you're used to traditional racing sims, you'll find yourself glancing up at the corner of the screen for a map. It's not there. Your only clue to what's ahead is that voice in your ear rattling off an endless stream of numbers and terms you're probably not familiar with. You might notice that the faster you drive, the faster and more frantic these instructions become. If rally is new to you, this is going to really throw you off. What does all this rambling mean?! Eventually, though, it just clicks. Your brain starts drawing the course ahead of you from the instructions, even when you're not paying attention to the words. So if you're having trouble with this bit, just stick with it. Granted, a tutorial mode would have been immensely helpful to get players familiar with this! There are plans for tutorial videos in the April update that should help a bit.
The physics model is very well done. The different surfaces and conditions all have a dramatic effect on how the car handles, and often change dynamically throughout a stage. It's something best experienced with a force-feedback wheel. Yes, you can play half-decently with a controller, but you're really missing out. I even played the first couple days with a keyboard (I really don't recommend that.)
The damage model, I feel, is almost too forgiving. Smacking head-long into a tree at 50mph isn't necessarily the end of your race, as it would be in the real world. You may bust your radiator and headlights and crack the windshield, but a lot of times the car can be reset and continue on. This is something I'd tweak if I could. It's still brutal enough to give a good sense of realism and risk, though. It's not too hard to puncture a tire, which will cost you a lot of time. Damaging your lights at night is also a show-stopper.
Graphics and sound are fantastic. The tracks are rendered in beautiful detail - so much so that I've wrecked while taking in the scenery at the wrong time. The engines sound true to life, and all the pops from the exhaust are there. Water and dirt collect on the windshield and effect your visibility. Keep the wiper button handy if you're driving through water! I wish there were more of these in the game. All of this runs very smoothly, even at max detail levels on the right machine. (My specs are below for reference.)
Content-wise, the game is pretty generous. There are a lot of courses, with many variations of time and weather and direction. Most are quite long, too, so the game does not get repetitive. Global Rallycross mode adds a lot entertainment as well if you're looking for some closed-circuit, car-on-car distraction. Hillclimb mode is there, although that mode is a bit lacking (more on that below.) There are a decent number of cars now in the full release of the game. Sure, there are a lot of holes that fans of the sport will want to see filled if licensing allows (Group B RX-7 from the 80's?) but there's a wide selection available with more to come in April.
My only real complaint with this game is the strict separation of game modes. Particularly hillclimb: They've recreated Pikes Peak in stunning detail, but limited it to just a single class of just 3 cars! It's one of the best locations in the game but can't be enjoyed in most of the game's vehicles. I really hoped they would have this fixed before early release ended, but two months later it's still a disappointment. Hillclimb really needs more classes, particularly with more production-based vehicles.
All-in-all, Dirt Rally is a solid racing sim and a great platform for future expansion that I hope Codemasters continues to build on.
Specs of my machine for reference:
Intel 6700k CPU @ stock clocks
EVGA 980GTX SC @ stock clocks
16GB AData DDR4 2800 ram
Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
I drive with a Logitech G27 force-feedback racing wheel, and the experience is incredible. You can feel what sort of surface you're driving on, and you know if you're loosing traction. It also supports full H-shift and clutch that lets you use paddles in modern cars and the shifter in classic ones.
I have a very difficult time considering DiRT Rally a game, it is far more like a sim. There aren't any flashbacks like in previous DiRT titles, and although there is a HUD in-game, I race with it off to get the full Rally experience. I think that is how the developer wanted people to race, and the imersion is incredible with the sounds, force-feedback and the co-driver rattling off what's coming up next. You'll definitely need to listen to him, or you'll come over a crest on the wrong side of the track and fly off into a tree, or a rock, or off a cliff..
Overall, I think DiRT Rally is a fantastic sim for those who want a very good, beautiful, immersive and realistic Rally, Hillclimb or Rallycross experience. While not for the casual gamer, I most certainly can recommend DiRT Rally for anyone who wants a fantastic and genuine Rally experience.
Most recent customer reviews
Sorry dude bro, but that "gymkana", drifting, and Youtube button has has finally been dropped so we can enjoy a real RALLY...Read more