Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on March 13, 2011
As a parent of a recently diagnosed 10 year old boy, I have purchased dozens of books and most have been good. However, only two so far are on my 'MUST HAVE' list: "Think like a pancreas', and this book 'Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults: How to Become an Expert on Your Own Diabetes'. The latter was the only book I felt was interesting & appropriate for both of us so I purchased two copies - one for him and one for myself. It will remain a great reference book once we're finished reading it. In my opinion, these 2 books are a must if your situation is similar to mine. This book's cover may throw you off by looking too juvenile but trust me in that it doesn't talk down to a ten year old (or a teenager) - in fact, it seems geared to that age group rather than a very young child (under 8 maybe).
on February 16, 2017
Clear and thorough for Type One. Pretty much anything that you need to know.
on February 9, 2017
Great
on April 4, 2015
Excellent book!!!!! I got this for my grandson who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 11. It is a great book for both child and adult.
on November 4, 2007
This book has helped us so much.
The doctors don't help you too much so you are left with a million questions and this book has helped so much.
This disease is so overwelming and this book is so helpful in easy to understand words.
Instead of going into a panic when something happens we now just go to the book and it calms us right down.
Thank God this book is here.
on September 9, 2007
I have only received this book recently, so I have not read the whole thing. The author doesn't recommend reading it from cover to cover, but to use it more as a reference. I started reading it at the beginning and am now on page 46. It is so interesting, and easy to read, that I see no reason NOT to read it straight through! Even though a lot of the information is technical, it is written in such a way so as to make it fairly easy to understand. My 13-year-old son has only had Type 1 diabetes for three months now and I am hungry for this kind of information. I want to understand this disease as much as possible, and so far, this book is great!
on December 20, 2006
This book is a very useful resource for health providers involved in the care of type 1 DM patients. The authors extensive personal experience is adequately distilled in a clear way. There are many tables and graphs that are useful in everyday practice as well as in patient education. I found the references to be impressive. This book will be a valuable addition to your medical reference library. A spanish version would be most helpful for non-english speaking patients and MD's.

Aurelio Rios-Vaca MD

Facultad de Medicina

Universidad Autonoma de Baja California

Mexicali, BC

Mexico
on March 28, 2011
Great book. My daughter was just diagnosed six months ago and I go to this book probably twice a week with questions I have. Most of the time this book gives a great answer, I love it. It's a keeper no doubt about it. It's on my nightstand with pages marked throughout.
on October 23, 2009
This book is a fantastic resource. I am sure I will be referring to it numerous times in the future. Good for newly diagnosed to read in full, but also a great book to turn to in times when you need clarification regarding certain issues.
on July 14, 2002
This is the best book I have found on type 1 diabetes. I was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 23. This book has tons of information on how to better manage my diabetes. I highly recommend this book.