Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Diabetes For Dummies Paperback – September 11, 2012
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
More to Explore: See More Diabetes Guides
From the Back Cover
The straight facts on treating diabetes and living a full life
Want to know how to manage diabetes? Leading diabetes expert Dr. Alan Rubin gives you reassuring, authoritative guidance on putting together a state-of-the-art treatment program. You'll learn about all the advances in monitoring glucose, the latest medications, and how to develop a diet and exercise plan to stay healthy.
- Dealing with diabetes get helpful guidance on understanding the different types of diabetes and dealing with the emotional and psychological consequences of your diagnosis
- Diabetes and your body find out what you need to know about both the short- and long-term complications of diabetes
- Thrive, don't just survive discover the dietary changes you need to make to control your blood glucose and how to get the most out of your exercise routine and medications
- Manage diabetes recognize the way that diabetes develops at every stage of life (and how to manage it successfully)
- Stay on the cusp get the scoop on all the newest developments in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diabetes (and the real deal on misinformation in diabetes treatment)
Open the book and find:
- The symptoms and causes of type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- The tools available to treat diabetes
- Info on diabetes in children and the elderly
- The 4-1-1 on glucose monitoring and other tests
- A type 2 diabetes diet plan
- What you need to know about medications
- Considerations for occupational and insurance problems
- Delicious diabetic-friendly recipes
- Reduce your type 2 diabetes risk
- Monitor and maintain your glucose
- Eat right and exercise to stay healthy
- Treat and prevent short-term and long-term complications
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book is perfect and is THE book you should read if you only want to read one book on the subject. It is very approachable, well written, and covers all the information put out by the U.S. National Institutes of Health. It talks about medication, exercise and diet, which are the main methods of treating Type II Diabetes. It also talks about the testing necessary, and the ways you can get your test results into acceptable levels. After reading this book, you'll have a good basic knowledge of your disease and how to live with it.
Because the name of this book is its only problem, I would buy this book for any family member or friend who was recently diagnosed with the disease, along with a book cover. That way, they'd actually read it without getting mad at me for calling them a dummy. Knowing my relatives, they'd get incredibly angry with me regardless, but I'll settle for angry and alive than cheerful, ignorant and dead.