Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 401-425 of 542 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 8:40:23 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Yikes. My weapons are still only around 40-50 DPS to start.

I actually found 2 blacksmith plans while playing for the 15 minutes yesterday.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 8:46:37 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I have 2 white bs training page and 1 white jewler training page. So you can only use it once you max their lvl? I was wondering how you use it, I as trying to drop the item on their toon the other night haha.

Is it weird that when I make it to NM I want to start another character class instead of pushing on?

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 9:07:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2012 9:08:55 AM PDT
Lauranda says:
you open the window (whether you click on the dude or the workbench)...and right click i believe...should add it to the list

also something else I want to mention...when looking over the weapon DPS on the AH....any added range (+20-20 acid damage) or +20 max damage is ALREADY figured in. HOWEVER, extra crit damage or extra attack speed is not. SO if you see those, they can boost the actual DPS quite a bit...especially attack speed, when you consider that that % basically multiplies in. The actual weap I use right now on my wiz is like 1181 DPS, but it also has a 25% speed boost, so the DPS is actually close to 1475. Of course, if you use a lot of mana/spirit/etc skills, then the attack speed just blows through that faster....and you have to fall back on yer primary skill (which of course will be faster)....just pointing out that attack speed can be deceiving. Same with crit damage. Sure boosting yer base 50 to over 100 (most crit boosts seem to be in the 45-65% range) sounds nice, but when yer base crit chance is only 5%...you are only critting 1/20 times.

Gyoza...not really. Depends on yer playstyle. Right now I can't go any further without better gear on my wiz...so I am either watching the AH or playing my DH. I might start a WD (seems like people have fun with those). My monk (which started as a mule...might stay that way). I really am not a melee player. Although I have seen some badass monks out there. I beat Belial on inferno, with 2 monks tanking and me and a DH dpsing.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 9:24:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2012 9:25:35 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I guess the rumor that monks are not viable in higher difficulties are BS.

Hmm..on the training pages I thought I had tried that, right clicking on the pages with the blacksmith window open. I'll have to try it again tonight. So he doesn't need to be upgraded all the way for the pages the work right?

Edit: I thought I liked ranged better before but I think thats just because I die less but I really like getting up in the action with melee, seeing the monk get surrounded and going crazying on all the enemies is pretty satisfying.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 10:20:17 AM PDT
Lauranda says:
It appears like extra attack speed and crit damage on a weap is ALREADY figured into the big DPS number. So ignore what I said about that earlier. Just look for the highest DPS on a weap and if you can get some real extras like a stat or something...though in general, more overall DPS is going to be better than a couple stat points. And still keep in mind that whichever is lower (class stat or weap DPS) is what you want to try and raise. Though once you get to 60, yer class stat should be so far above yer weap DPS that you will never catch it. At that point, just get whatever you can to squeak at every extra "damage" you can.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 12:29:05 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Good to know, Lauranda.

Does anyone know if you can change your followers abilities once they have been picked?

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 3:25:58 PM PDT
J. says:
I haven't found a way to yet, JP.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 3:29:20 PM PDT
Lauranda says:
i had to do some research because i didn't know either..but if you right click their icon, you can select "retrain"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 6:48:54 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Awesome, thanks Lauranda!

Just got my DPS to over 1K!

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 7:04:34 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
how can you guys afford stuff on ah? I took a look and everything is like 100k+. I did fully upgrade my storage box though.
Man, thought I'd find better stuff in nm but so far is pretty much the same stuff as in norm. I want to join the dark side but no monies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 7:14:07 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Put in a max gold buyout at the very bottom of the screen where you can search. I haven't bought anything over 10K so far.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 10:59:29 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Dang, the butcher is a total bish on nightmare! He has killed me three times in a row now.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 12:46:31 AM PDT
Lauranda says:
Fresh meat!

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 4:37:36 AM PDT
J. says:
I bought a bow with almost 1k damage off of the AH for $3k, lol. You can definately find good deals out there.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 8:17:59 AM PDT
Spudkitty says:
Salt in the wounds! ... oh wait, that's a different game. My bad.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 9:47:30 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
1k??! The highest dmg I've seen is around 140 something. Is the AH search based on your lvl or what? Only showing the weapons you can use?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 2:12:24 PM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Yeah, the auction house automatically only shows weapons and armor that your character can use. You can add a max level though to look for weapons that are at a higher level.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 3:29:51 PM PDT
J. says:
For example, Gyoza:

I would recommend you search for 1 hand fist weapons +1/-1 of your current level. Set the max buyout at what you are comfortable spending, maybe 10k? Then set the parameters to include items with Dex, Vit, attack speed, or sockets. Run the query:

You should now be looking at all fist weapons around your level, with your specific mods requested, with a max buyout that you specified. You can then sort by buyout price, or by DPS.

If you don't get any results, slacken your specifications and run the query again.

Buy something! Once you do, the tab on the far right will show your AH history, and will have the list of items you won. You must first send the items to your stash before you can use them. Log into your character, grab the items from your stash, and watch your DPS soar.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 3:31:13 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I just found my first legendary. Amulate (sp?) of Anorach or something like that. The funny part was that it just popped out of a destructible barrel and not off of a boss or elite enemy. Now I'm gonna want to destroy everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 6:14:49 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Is that the one that raises armor? There are a ton of those on the auction house and for a pretty penny.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 7:45:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2012 7:46:20 AM PDT
Lauranda says:
level 37 with a class stat, fire damage, fire resist, movement speed, and 1-2 randoms

most legendaries (and set items) are pretty crappy in this game. The only difference between them and a rare is that they have some perm attributes (that can have a range...i.e. that amulet appears like it's movement speed can be 6-7%) with a random or two thrown in AND they often have more attributes than a rare, BUT most attributes in this game are weak at best.

I personally think Blizzard screwed the pooch on that one. They claim that they (or fans) didn't want everyone running around with the same endgame gear like in D2. Well then make a few different cool items based on different play styles (so not everyone will have the same gear), instead of just a bunch of randomized crap.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 7:52:56 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Ah, I might be thinking of a ring then.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 7:54:28 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
What is the term that "#-# damage" would be under in the auction house? I was trying to look for rings with that attribute but I can't figure out what it would be under.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 8:04:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2012 8:05:50 AM PDT
Lauranda says:
it's not....the only think you can look for is bonus minimum damage

the suffixes (at least for blue items) are "agony" and "wounding"...but you still gotta scroll through results for those and then you don't know what the exact range is unless you mouse over the item's icon

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 8:17:21 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Dang, I wonder why you can't search for that.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  542
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation 3, 20GB
PlayStation 3, 20GB by Sony (PlayStation 3)
3.4 out of 5 stars (103)