Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Diamond Bay
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on June 20, 2001
This was the first Linda Howard book I have read and I found this one really enjoyable. The characters were interesting and well described. The plot was strong and pretty straight forward. However, I was surprised at the amount of sex in this book, not that it was a bad thing. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a really fun and easy read!
on January 4, 2008
I loved the part Joe the dog played. The plot involved CIA type agents and a woman who used to work as an investigative reporter. Feel good ending. Definitely recommended. Sexual language: moderate. Number of sex scenes: eight. Setting: current day Gainesville, Florida. Copyright: 1987. Genre: contemporary romantic suspense.
on January 14, 2000
One of LH's best! Rachel is spunky and Kell is just the sexiest thing. The humor is wonderful, particularly when the gun-toting Grant and Jane Sullivan (last seen in "Midnight Rainbow") arrive on the scene. The epilogue is VERY satisfying!
on May 26, 1998
This was a fast read. I was hooked right from the beginning. I only wish that more was told of Kell and Rachel's time together.
on May 20, 2010
I have waited for a long time of this book. This is one of the best of LH's publication and I could not put it down. It was well written and the story plot was exciting and passionate. The character of H/H were lovable and honest, though you may argued the likabilty of Sabin, I did love him.

I do like to read all the old LH books, for the current publications, it always show lack of the passion and integrity between the H/H, just like "Death Angel", don't know what inspire LH to write it, the story is a mess.

If you like a fast read and passionate story, you will love it.
on October 7, 2011
When Rachel finds a man struggling in the surf and rescues Kell Sabin from drowning, I am able to suspend belief. I am even able to suspend belief again when she asks a vet to stitch the man's wound, keep it a secret just in case he's in trouble for the right reasons, and that is where it ends for me. I honestly wanted to like this book, and I didn't mind that it reflected an 80's vibe with head hopping, a stereotypical heroine, and a tough alpha male. I enjoyed the steamy sex scenes and the emotional depth that Linda is known for as a writer. However, what I can't believe is that a man is in a bed for three days and doesn't get up ONCE to go to the bathroom. He'd be septic and near death. And in no way is that sexy. He also hasn't bathed. Gross.

I'd really like to give it a 2.5 but we can't do that on this site.
on October 23, 2004
I love Linda's later books, but why most publishers "rethread" books such as this one.

This book, as many being republished, shows its age. Written when the writer was still evolving or when the fashion of the time was the masterful rich man and the -sometimes not so- submissive damsel, who does not know she is in trouble (mostly from him) overcome all obstacles and live happily ever after. Sometimes with a few pages written to fill up the the book.

When I see, and sometimes buy a book, that I read 15 or 20 years ago, I am convinced, each time more and more, that such books should be labeled as republished or at the very list the original date of copyright should be clearly shown in the cover as in "Published in 1979 by XYZ publisher."

Reprints of books help the author because people who like their books want to read more, Then again, some of us become overly cautious and don't buy the book until we stand at the store and read its beginning, middle, and end. And what we end up with is the that the thrill is gone.
on June 19, 2016
I enjoyed it but found it a bit hard to believe that they fell in love so fast. She didn't even know him but was sure that she was in love with him. Jane was probably the best character in the book.
on October 23, 2013
I was not a fan. I found kell to spoiled and was not impressed with this book. i got this and the one after called trouble from the library. They were not my favorites/
on August 16, 2016
This book was filled with suspense and intrigue from the very beginning. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys an action packed romance.