Diamond Select Toys Universal Monsters Select: Creature From the Black Lagoon Action Figure
|Price:||$99.00 + $5.22 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- First in Diamond Select Toys' line of Universal Monsters action figures
- Universal Studios' classic monster films set the gold standard in film horror from the 1930s to the 1950s
- The Creature from the Black Lagoon represented an original monster concept, an atomic age horror for the post-World War II world
- Figure sculpted by Rudy Garcia
- Gill-Man stands 7" tall and comes with a diorama base sculpted by Jean St. Jean that features actress Julie Adams's Kay Lawrence
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
5512944 Features: -Deluxe base. -For ages 8 and up. -Universal Monsters collection. Product Type: -Fantasy. Gender: -Boy. Shape: -3D. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -4.5 Inches. Overall Width - Side to Side: -12.9 Inches. Overall Depth - Front to Back: -10.1 Inches. Overall Product Weight: -1.45 Pounds.
From the Manufacturer
A Diamond Select Release. The first ever extension to the award-winning Select line. What better way to expand this specialty market exclusive line than with the iconic Universal Monsters?. This now annual line debuts with the legendary last of the great Universal Monsters, The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Sculpted by Rudy Garcia with a base sculpted by Jean St. Jean, this 7” depiction of the infamous Gill-Man shows the legend in perhaps its most screen-accurate detail ever. Perfect for display, the Select version includes an exclusive paint scheme as well detailed base featuring a full-sized figure of the Creature’s swim-suited human crush.
Safety WarningNe convient pas aux enfants de moins de 3 ans
Legal DisclaimerChoking hazard. Small parts. Not for children.
Compare with similar items
Diamond Select Toys Universal Monsters Select: Dracula Action Figure
Diamond Select Toys Universal Monsters Select: Frankenstein Action Figure
Universal Monsters Series 3 Action Figure Retro Creature from the Black Lagoon
Diamond Select Toys Universal Monsters Select: The Mummy Action Figure
Amok Time Elvira: Mistress of the Dark Deluxe 7" Action Figure
|Shipping||$5.22||$4.99||FREE Shipping||$8.09||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||SaleTag||Horse & Rider Tack||DNR Collectibles||Renaissance Entertainment Collectibles||alienentertainment||Amok Time|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 4 x 7 in||5 x 7 x 4 in||5 x 7 x 4 in||8.39 x 9.8 x 2.09 in||5 x 4 x 7 in||3 x 3 x 7 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Please bear in mind that this review is based solely on the apparent quality and display properties of the item while still in its original packaging. I don't, as a rule, remove my toys and action figures from the packaging, for reasons I've gone into in other reviews. It's just the way I prefer to display them.
First off, the photo on the product page does NOT do this item justice. The Creature figure in the photo somehow looks rather cartoonish. This is not the case with the actual figure. While the colors may be a bit off (though who can say, with all three Creature films being shot in B&W), the actual sculpt of the Creature appears to be spot-on. The figure of the girl, based upon the likeness of actress Julia Adams, is very good as well, and completes this mini-diorama nicely. The only problem is, it really doesn't look much like Julia Adams. But I'm not going to knock such a great product for that reason alone, as action figures' facial features quite often bear little resemblance to their big screen counterparts. Be advised however, if you plan to leave this toy in its original packaging like I did, the diorama "scene" doesn't come together without being able to position and place the two figures in their proper poses on the base. So displaying it as I do does not recreate the scene. See the photo I posted on the product information page.
One final note. I almost didn't order this because, as I said, the picture does not do it justice. I've been disappointed before, when the actual item does not live up to its photographic representation, though I will admit that displaying something in its original packaging isn't always the optimum way to appreciate an action figure's qualities. But in this case, I'm happy to report that the item far exceeds the photo here on Amazon's product page. Perhaps someone who has removed his or hers from the packaging, will post their own photos. All I can say is, for the price, this thing is awesome. If you're a fan of the movie, or 50's sci-fi in general, this is a great piece to have in your collection.
I have three criticisms of the models:
1. The Creature should have more articulation. Since the Creature is literally next to Kay, he should be looking down at her and even bending down towards her. However, the model Creature's vision and upper body stance are positioned for straight ahead. Additional articulation of the head and torso would allow the Creature to be appropriately looking down and reaching down for Kay.
2. The green paint scheme of the Creature is too bright. The movie is in black-and-white, so the exact shade of green is subjective, but the poster artwork from the movie implies a less-metallic shade of green.
3. Kay's legs and left foot are not resting directly on the sand/diorama base as they should be.
These criticisms aside, the Creature from the Black Lagoon is a really cool diorama from one the classic monster movies. Highly recommended.