Diamond Nuts are made for homemade. Since 1912, when we were founded by a group of walnut growers, Diamond of California has offered fresh, high quality and great tasting nuts for every occasion. From whole or chopped to sliced or slivered, we offer a wide range of chop types and varieties of nuts—both in and out of their shells - all to help you prepare delicious, balanced, and heart-healthy meals as quickly and as easily as possible. This includes shelled and in-shell walnuts, pecans, almonds, black walnuts, macadamias, pine nuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, and pistachios.
1. Position rack in center of the oven and preheat to 350F°. Spread nuts in a single layer on a heavy small baking sheet or shallow pan. Toast the nuts in the oven until just golden brown and fragrant, stirring once, about 7-10 minutes for walnuts and 5-7 minutes for pecans. (If nuts are already chopped reduce bake time by 2-3 minutes and watch closely.) Cool and coarsely chop. Maintain oven temperature.
2. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Dust the loaf pan lightly with flour, tapping out excess. Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt to blend in a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup nuts.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar in a medium bowl to blend. Mix in the bananas, oil and buttermilk.
4. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup nuts over the batter. Bake until a tester inserted in center of the loaf comes out clean, about, 1 hour. (Cover bread loosely with foil the last 10-15 minutes if top is very brown.)
5. Cool the bread in pan on rack 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the bread to loosen. Turn the bread out onto the rack and cool completely.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?