Diamondback Bicycles 2014 Trace Dual Sport Bike (700cm Wheels), 22-Inch, Grey
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum Dual Sport Frame
- Dual Sport fork, suspension correct Hi-Ten steel straight blade fork
- Shimano Altus/TX52 Drivetrain with Easy fire 7 speed shifters
- SL-7 Double Wall 700c Rims
- Tektro Novela Disc Brakes
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Brake Style||Mechanical Disc|
|Frame Material Type||aluminum|
|Maximum Height||76 inches|
|Minimum Height||73 inches|
|Number Of Speeds||21|
|Package Height||9.2 x 30.2 x 57 inches|
|Shipping Weight||40.45 pounds|
|Standover Height||32.75 inches|
|Wheel Size||700 inches|
Top Customer Reviews
I ordered the bike on a sale about a month ago and assembled it upon arrival. All components were present, the box wasn't too beaten up, and assembly went generally smoothly. After a test ride, I did have to tweak both derailleurs to get 'em lined up properly, but the simplicity of the Shimano Altus suite made it pretty easy - plus, there's a plethora of Youtube videos to help. After doing some adjustments (and my brake cables are still stretching out a little), I have been riding this bike daily for about 10-12 miles as a fitness run, and on weekends for longer rides (20+).
1. This bike is surprisingly nimble, especially as compared to a traditional MTB like my old Trek. Accelerates quickly, shifts flawlessly (derailleurs do require periodic adjustment as the cables break in, but I haven't had to do that yet), and rides extremely smoothly with the 40C tires and the dble-walled rims. In addition, when I traverse light gravel and dirt, the tires have enough shoulder to grab adequately without that drag you get with traditional MTB tires on pavement. In short, I think DB scored well with the tires and rims. As an added benefit, the stock rims are rated down to 28C tires, which means I can swap out my 40's for much skinnier road tires and make this bike even more nimble on the road with minimal additional cost (if the urge hits me). The stock Presta valves are a nice touch as well.
2.Read more ›
Once the bike arrived, assembly was a snap. I should mention that it's imperative to invest in a metric set of wrenches. Once assembled, I was very happy to find out that the fit was perfect. I did however, take it to a local bike mechanic to make some of the finer adjustments. Honestly though, I would have been fine either way.
I've only had the bike a few months, but performance has been great. It's light and nimble. I love the larger wheel size. It shifts seamlessly and the disc brakes make stopping quiet and efficient.
Most of my riding is for fitness as well as some local commuting.
When I opened it , I found the left shifter piece broken. It must have broken on the way to my house.
BUT! The company has been in communication with me and has offered to pay for the part. Great service and ridiculously nice. I am sure to recommend them to many of my friends.
The bike itself is great.I got the 16 inch because I am 5'5.Fits like a GLOVe. It includes disk breaks that not many bikes have. The color is amazing and the rest of the bike feels like it will endure my daily commute. The bike is light and efficient.
The bike tires are schrader valves. Diomandback sells replacements.
5/5 Thanks Sager!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this bike, just wish I sprung for the top version with shocks on front. Did have an issue with it being shipped with the front fork on backwards. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Travis Householder
Excellent purchase and installation was a sinch as well considering it was the first time that I installed a bike at this level... My only issue was with the pedals... Read morePublished 16 months ago by Stylus for galaxy tab 7
Great bike. Here's a tip...don't assemble it yourself. I saved a few bucks buying on Amazon, and everything went together easy enough, but I still haven't been able to get it... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Patrick Horn
I've had this bike for about 6 months now and I couldn't be happier! I consider myself a novice in regards to biking and setting up bikes so I had my local bike shop do all the... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Chi Hoang
This bike is awesome!
I bought it for my boyfriend for Christmas, because i was looking for a bike that was sweet, simple and fun to ride on dirt, or the streets. Read more