Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 131 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 404 reviews
on April 15, 2016
The LEGACY EDITION of Diary of a Madman has the ORIGINAL bass, drums & keyboard players! The Legacy Edition is NOT the 2002 edition we all hated. Also, the bonus live bonus disc is not Ozzy's Tribute album either. It was recorded on the Blizzard of Ozz tour. Sounds amazing! Just wanted to make this clear. Enjoy!!

"...Ozzy stated to The Pulse of Radio, reiterating a conversation with Sharon, "You know what, whatever the circumstances were, I want the original thing back." The 30th Anniversary release of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman contains the original recordings, not the 2002 reissues."
on March 18, 2015
To me, this is Ozzy's best solo album. For years I went back and forth over this or the debut but I think because of the deep cuts on this record, "Diary....." won out. With a thundering of Lee Kerslake's drums and Randy Rhoads guitar, the album kicks off with "Over The Mountain" and doesn't let up an inch through the entire album. Strangely, my favorite songs are the last three (which never got played live when Randy was still living!!!). "Tonight" is a beautiful song that I found myself singing while walking home down Grant St on the IUP Campus many years ago. A ballad but with big guitars and a great melody, it's a shame that it never made it to any of the shows to my knowledge. The big riff that's the centerpiece of "S.A.T.O." is on par with any out there and the solo that Randy pulls out is epic. The title track is to me, the strongest cut on the album and coupled with the orchestral accompaniment and Ozzy's soaring voice, this is a Metal classic and a perfect way to close out the album. This reissue also includes a concert that was taken from the second leg of The Blizzard of Ozz Tour and sadly only two songs from this album made it into the set. Still, this is the best of the best and if you don't have this then Dear God WHY don't you?????
on April 23, 2017
What more can you say about this that hasn't already been said? Randy Rhoads influenced a lot of people with his playing on this,and I can hear why...Great riffs,Excellent solos,and One hell of a Rockin' album.Disc 2 captures the band at their best! The only disappointment here,is that they didn't take this opportunity to take the fade out of You cant kill Rock and Roll,and let us all hear the Great outro solo in its entirety- maybe someday. Highly Recommended!!!
on June 27, 2015
Now this is Ozzys best solo record of his long career. The writing, the riffs and the entire mood of this great metal album is flawless. Randy Rhoads is on top of his game here laying down some of the most haunting licks of all time.
The deluxe edition with the bonus live album is just as good as Tribute.
Don't let the 3 1/2 star average fool you. Many folks were bashing the 2002 remix version and it lowered the rating. I wish Amazon could separate that inferior edition out so the average would rise up to what it should be, at least 4 1/2 stars. I'm rating the 2009 deluxe and it was remastered from original tapes and musicians.
on June 30, 2016
Great album. In my opinion, this is Ozzy's best album.

To allay any concerns, yes, this is the original album restored (there is a sticker on the front of it stating this). This is NOT the 2002 version with the re-done drums and bass. Enjoy!
on July 9, 2009
There are two personnel problems with this Ozzy album. I grew up believing that Tommy Aldridge (Black Oak Arkansas, Pat Travers Band) was on drums on _Diary of a Madman_. What did we know, here in Eugene, Oregon, in 1981-82? Indeed, Aldridge found a live job with Ozzy, but I don't recognize the name of the studio guy... NOR THE NAMES OF THE RERECORDED GUYS ON THIS CD. Listen to the other reviewers who admonish buying the CD with the smaller image and OZZY down the right side. Believe me, the drumming on this particular version sucks. Sounds like an amateur compared with Aldridge with Pat Travers on _Go For What You Know_. I don't know much about Sarzo, except he should've been on this album. I was very disappointed in my purchase; I felt stupid having bought it. It was as if the vocals and guitar were the only things that mattered - when any savvy pro musician will tell you that the rhythm section is the backbone of any band. These morons, when they rerecord over the original tracks, lose the original pulse by some percentage every time they record over, so that the whole thing is floating on essentially nothing. Somebody tell me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

Also, if you like Tommy Aldridge from your experience of _Bark at the Moon_, go back to his time with Pat Travers (_Heat in the Street_, _Go for What You Know_, and _Crash and Burn_). Happy listening.
on February 6, 2015
This is an excellent album,the last with legendary guitarist Randy Rhodes. The album is awesome with some of my favorite songs Tonight is just a masterpiece right there alone. The song will put shivers up your spine. The song you Can't Kill Rock&Roll is just the perfect anthem that to me is the best song for the metal community as a killer song. Diary of a Madman is a hauntingly creepy song that is amazing. Great guitar work on these songs S.A.T.O. is awesome. Believer is an amazing song that highlights Randy Rhodes insane guitar abilities. Over the Mountain is just such a great song everybody knows this song as well as Flying High Again these songs are classic oldschool Ozzy.
The drums are heavy and pounding and there keyboard work just add an extra layer of awesome to it. This is a classic album for all metal fans and fans of oldschool classic Ozzy. Check out Bark at the Moon & Blizzard of Ozz especially Blizzard. That is the intro to Randy with Ozzy after he quit with Quiet Riot. Great album must hear must own.
on April 3, 2010
The 2011 legacy edition is the original album. All the original players are on it. The second disc has a unreleased live concert featuring the great randy roades and others. This is mixed into the other reviews. The 2002 remaster had a bonus track and then re-recorded bass and drums. This one does not. I kept the 2002 remaster for the bonus song. Same with blizzard of oz remaster. So it's a great thing to get this restored on this new edition. It's not remixed. It's wonderful. And this is how good metal was back in the day. Melodic and well made. I would say only get the 2002 remasters for the bonus songs. Get this one because it's the original and the original band members finally get song writing credit too. Which is the right thing to do.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 29, 2011
I had to settle for a used copy of the out-of-print 1995 cd this review is for, but it was worth it. The 2002 version with newly recorded bass and drums by different musicians...what an awful idea. I read an interview recently on Blabbermouth.net where Ozzy basically blamed Sharon for that release, stating that he didn't even know it was being done and that he demanded that the original be restored after he found out. Whatever the truth of it is, I would still go for this 90's copy before any newer version. It sounds great and surely won't be improved upon by any new re-master. I will still probably get the upcoming Legacy Edition for the bonus live disc, but being a longtime Ozzy fan, I'd still want the '95 version in my collection.

What can you really say about the songs? It has the rock radio staples Over the Mountain and Flying High Again; fan favorite heavy metal tracks like Believer and S.A.T.O.; epics like You Can't Kill Rock & Roll and the title track. Ozzy's voice in '82 was captivating, and Randy Rhoads was the guitar god he's made out to be today. I always go back and forth between this and Blizzard as my favorite solo Ozzy album. Blizzard gets points for the strength of certain individual songs, but I think I like Madman more as an entire album. Either way, remember to stay away from the 2002 travesty that even Ozzy says never should have happened.

(FYI, the link to that Blabbermouth article is in the comment below the review.)
on May 8, 2017
The ozzy osbourne cd was just fine . That is all I have to say. The cd was in excellent condition and that is it. Everything was fine .