- Paperback: 113 pages
- Publisher: Vantage Press; 1st edition (July 1, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0533158524
- ISBN-13: 978-0533158522
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.4 x 7.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 31 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,125,094 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Diary From The Dome, Reflections on Fear and Privilege During Katrina Paperback – July 1, 2008
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
About the Author
Paul A. Harris is a native Californian who studied at the University of California, Davis. He has worked as an assistant deputy probation officer and a library assistant, and is currently employed as a library supervisor. His work has been published in City Beat, the Waco Times, and the Davis Enterprise.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What happened in Terror Dome?
* Criminal-black gangs sought out and terrorized white and Asian lower income New Orleanians who had sought refuge in the stadium;
* Black gangs terrorized low income BLACK families, seeking out and sexually assaulting ( 20? 30? ) young women outside the common areas of the Super Dome. NOLA Sexual Assault Project believes the number may be as high as 100 city-wide. Most young women simply will not report what took place, as one black, female New Orleans native told me in 2014: "Because of the national, no-snitch policy embedded deep within our culture, black women will simply not come forward and the progressive ( read: white ) news media, will never cover or feature this story. The number? Possibly as high as a 100, possibly higher. Gang rape is not only accepted within the black gang culture, but black families of gang members will protect their son's sexual assault history ... by remaining silent.";
* Black gangs planned, sought out and terrorized tourists ( referred to as "international group" or "Section 113" in Mr. Harris book ) from Holland, Germany, Britain, Australian, New Zealand, Denmark, Norway and dozen other countries on the basis of skin color: all were white, except for several Asians and Haitians. Terror carried many forms, but mostly terroristic ( felony ) threats of mass gang rape of all white tourist females, while "killing" the white males;
* NOPD and Louisiana National Guard were routinely assaulted. An NOPD officer was attacked by a black gang member and shot in the leg. More gunplay took part in Terror Dome, although NOPD will not state or provide written reports;
* The threats to "murder whites" became so critical that Mayor Nagin was advised that "the white tourists must be brought out" or the "gangs will kill them, cut their throats." Mayor Nagin gave the order to bring them out NOT out of fear for the tourists lives but that the headline, "White Tourists Slaughtered by Black Gangs" would spell doom to New Orleans tourist dollars. Progressive decision making is about $, not lives.
Oddly, none of these facts made it into Mr. Harris book.
[ POST EDIT: As I ventured back to read the reviews of Mr. Harris' book wasn't surprising to see the blistering one-star blasts who saw through his self-righteous spew. He survived Terror Dome for one bloody reason: he embedded himself in a large group of rich, white, progressive tourists and with the help of NOPD, Louisiana National Guard and Nagin's mayoral staff, whom he refuses to acknowledge ( progressive racism? ) he made it out alive. Mr. Harris wished for racial harmony and pixie dust but found among the fecal-stained hallways, screams, gunshots, yelling, riotous behavior .... race-hatred against whites ... something Rachel Maddow told him didn't exist. Everything he grew up believing was destroyed during his time in New Orleans. 50 years of white, progressive domination has turned large Democrat cities into shocking hell holes of criminal behavior, rape, shootings, looting, killing, murder. Mr. Harris came face to face with progressive-Democrat race-driven politics, and attempted to blame it on us. ]
To get these insights though, you will have to wade through meandering prose. The book desperately needed an editor.