Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dickies Mens Loose Fit Double Knee Work Pant, Khaki, 38x32
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

Size: 38W x 32L|Color: Khaki|Change

on November 28, 2013
My favorite work pant. Breathes nicely. Wears well. Washes up nicely, retaining color. Doesn't harbor funky smells. Quality zipper/hardware. Cut correctly (see below)

Cons: You can order 10 pairs of 34 x 32 and you may receive 3-4 countries of origin. Each country has a different idea of what size 34 means. Meaning the Mexican made pair will fit correctly, but the Honduras pair will be too tight. If you get the Nicaragua made pants, they may be too big. Sizing is all over the map/place. There needs to be MUCH tighter quality control.
33 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2011
I'm a retail manager and find these to be almost perfect. First, the quibbles.

1) The front pockets are too shallow. Not by much, but they could stand an extra 1-3 inches in depth.

2) There's no place for a keyring. Retail managers carry keys and have to use them all the time, so we like them convenient. I'm one of those who likes to wear them on their belt loops, but the loops are too wide for a standard carabiner style clip. In lieu of narrower belt loops, which I don't favor, how about a key ring loop sewn in somewhere?

3) Do you have to put your red label on the front left knee of these? If I don't cut it off, people tell me I have something on my pants.

Now the good stuff. Double knees make this pants much more durable and protective. It's not uncommon for me to be on my knees rearranging stock like cases of water or soda, or kneeling down to clean up broken glass. I like the heavy knee areas, and have yet to find significant wear on even my first pair of these pants that is now some five years old.

The loose fit allows for freedom of movement and some air flow.

I wash my pants before wearing them, and the noticeable stiffness reported in other reviews is largely removed after one wash. After a few wearings and washings, these may become your most comfortable pants. I've not noticed the odor others report.

The double knee panel prevents these from being mistaken for dress slacks, nor will they be mistaken for cargo pants. They're clearly designed to work and work hard while looking professional. The slash pocket at the right knee is perfect for box cutters and other small items that are used constantly - I keep my keys in here most times.

Once I found these, I stopped looking for other work pants.
11 comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2008
I've been wearing the Dickies double-knee work pant for about 5 years now and wouldn't trade them for the world. Unlike normal khakis, these pants are highly durable, extremely comfortable with extra room in the legs, they do not suffer from static cling, and they repel stains expertly. What I like best, though, is that they look nice enough for wearing in a business casual environment, while standing up to the wear and tear of work requirements.
on February 8, 2016
I have been wearing this style of Dickie work pant for 6 years. I have always bought them from the "W" store because they had them in stock and the convienant factor. Well......that "W" store quit selling my pants, so Amazon saved the day once again. I ordered 5 pairs of 36x32 loose fit double knee dark navy pants. 4 pants were made in Mexico and 1 pant was made in Honduras. The 1 pant from Honduras was a tad tighter in the waistline, but it still fits (time to loose some weight).
I did notice some GOOD differences from the Amazon Dickie pants versus the "W" store Dickie pants.

Amazon Dickies:
-metal clasp front closure
-deeper front pockets
-button up LEFT back pocket
-WAY thicker belt loops 1 1/8" thick X 2" long (7 of them)
-better made zipper
-material is thicker

"W" Dickies:
-button up front closure
-shallow front pockets
-No buttons on back pockets
-very thin belt loops 1/2" X 2 1/8" long (7 of them)
-cheap zipper
-thinner material

We will see how these last, but so far I am very satisfied with Amazons Dickie work pants. I provided pictures of the two side by side. The darker pair are from Amazon and the lighter (worn) pair are from "W" store.

CPS
review image review image review image
on December 30, 2010
These are Dickies, plain and simple. They're tough and they have a phone pocket. Don't expect any bells and whistles. And no these are no hipster tight pants (or skinny pants for you young ones). They don't make you look like a starving kid. They're pure testosterone and all man, not metro.
on August 21, 2008
I work outside in the heat and these are much cooler than jeans. The multi-use side pocket is a bit below my hand. These have no coin pocket. Also, since the front pockets are cut more vertical than jeans, the set of keys I have hanging from my belt don't stay in the pocket all the time. Not perfect, but when trying to stay cool while working outside in 100 degree heat, they sure beat jeans.
on February 5, 2014
Be aware that when these ship you may get pants from different countries of origins. I received a pair from Mexico and Honduras respectively and they both fit differently. Since the sizing is not standardized, it's hit or miss if these pants will fit.

The pants from Honduras were tighter than normal. The pants from Mexico fit better and more naturally but I needed a larger size for comfort. I exchanged them for one size up. However my second pair was from Honduras were tighter and ill fitting for supposedly being one size larger.

I originally ordered these pants because I already own a pair of Loose Fit Double Knee black pants that fit great and wanted to get a another pair. I originally ordered the exact same size as my old pair and they didn't fit the same and ran smaller (Mexico in origin). I exchanged them for a larger size but the new pants were tighter than the previous pair (Honduras in origin). I like the brand but the lack of quality control leaves me dissatisfied.
on March 1, 2015
I was looking for the double cloth knees and I definitely got it with these pants and appear will last a long time. My husband seems to be going through his knee first in his work pants. However, when they say loose fit they aren't kidding. I have never seen pant legs that wide! They go straight down from the butt. My husband said to keep them, that he is not trying to impress anyone at work, but I will not buy them again. Just way too big!
on February 19, 2007
Great pants. I bought these in a variety of colors and I am very satisfied.
on December 1, 2015
As far as these being work pants they are good. I'm 5'5" and 180 and need extra room in my legs. These have a ton almost a bit too much. My only other complaint is that you have to use shoestring for a belt! Not even a regular belt fits through these belt loops. I don't understand how these are work pants...... Unless you're a plumber and you have to show your crack as part of your job.