Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

I have been wearing these Dickies for about 15 years, not just Dickies, but these exact Dickies. The loose fit, double knee, with multi use pocket and fat belt loops. I am finally retiring a pair that I have had for 10 years, In fact, Im not even retiring them, I'm just not wearing them in public any more due to all the holes and tears. I haven't changed pant size since high school, so I can literally wear clothes down to the threads. Plus I'm a cheap skate and don't like to spend money on clothes.

These aren't like other Dickies. Like the ones you find at stores like, say Wal-Mart. They may be labeled the same, but they aren't. That's not to say you can't buy these at stores, just be careful. There are cheap versions of these that are labeled the same, but in fact are of a much lower quality. These pants are thicker, heavier duty, more comfortable, better fit, and longer lasting. You can tell the difference easily if you look. These pants have a wider belt loop than the cheap ones, These feel a bit thicker, and they say "loose fit" on the inside of the waist band.

For me the fit is as expected. Of course I've been wearing these so long, I don't need to try them on before buying. They are relaxed fit. If you normally wear say a 31" waist regular, this will be loose and will require a belt (or sagging - to each his own). They are not so baggy to be obnoxious. They are the prefect "looseness". Also the bottom of the legs is not like other Dickies, or other pants, generally speaking. They really don't taper at all, so they cover the shoe nicely. I wear a 10.5 shoe, and with bare feet, I can bend my toes up and fit my foot inside the bottom of the pant leg (straight across). I like this feature, because I can wear my work boots, and have the pant legs cover up most of the boot, keeping them cleaner.

The pants really hold up well, even in working environments, wearing them every day. They hold up to just about everything except fire. Fire will put holes in them quickly. Chemicals and stains are for the most part no match for these pants. They will stain of course, with the right substance, and without proper washing techniques. No big deal, to be expected. Fabric softener will drastically reduce the life of your pants. I don't use it for this reason. i like my Dickies a "little stiff". They come stiff as a board but after one wash, they are good for me.

I guess that's it. Great long lasting pants that look and fit better than any other...in my opinion.
58 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on November 28, 2013
My favorite work pant. Breathes nicely. Wears well. Washes up nicely, retaining color. Doesn't harbor funky smells. Quality zipper/hardware. Cut correctly (see below)

Cons: You can order 10 pairs of 34 x 32 and you may receive 3-4 countries of origin. Each country has a different idea of what size 34 means. Meaning the Mexican made pair will fit correctly, but the Honduras pair will be too tight. If you get the Nicaragua made pants, they may be too big. Sizing is all over the map/place. There needs to be MUCH tighter quality control.
229 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on February 8, 2016
I have been wearing this style of Dickie work pant for 6 years. I have always bought them from the "W" store because they had them in stock and the convienant factor. Well......that "W" store quit selling my pants, so Amazon saved the day once again. I ordered 5 pairs of 36x32 loose fit double knee dark navy pants. 4 pants were made in Mexico and 1 pant was made in Honduras. The 1 pant from Honduras was a tad tighter in the waistline, but it still fits (time to loose some weight).
I did notice some GOOD differences from the Amazon Dickie pants versus the "W" store Dickie pants.

Amazon Dickies:
-metal clasp front closure
-deeper front pockets
-button up LEFT back pocket
-WAY thicker belt loops 1 1/8" thick X 2" long (7 of them)
-better made zipper
-material is thicker

"W" Dickies:
-button up front closure
-shallow front pockets
-No buttons on back pockets
-very thin belt loops 1/2" X 2 1/8" long (7 of them)
-cheap zipper
-thinner material

We will see how these last, but so far I am very satisfied with Amazons Dickie work pants. I provided pictures of the two side by side. The darker pair are from Amazon and the lighter (worn) pair are from "W" store.

CPS
review imagereview imagereview image
106 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 20, 2018
If you get the "Made in Honduras", just send them back. They are nothing but defective. You want the "Made in Mexico / Nicaragua." Settle for nothing less. I have been wearing these for years and when I put these on, I immediately noticed a coarse rough fabric that I have never experienced with my "Made in Mexico / Nicaragua" models which I have 4 pairs of. They fold oddly and they hang on the hanger oddly, because the fabric was processed differently, is of a different quality, and is cut to different specifications. I typically see no difference between the Made in Mexico or Made in Nicaragua. For some reason their Honduran production is way off. I almost thought I received counterfeits due to the differences being so dramatic. I then read the comments and noticed several others have had the same gosh darn problem.

I ordered 2 pairs of this exact same model from this exact same link in the exact same 32/34 size, but this time I got the terrible "Made in Honduras" which had rough fabric and a weird fit. On top of that, one pair was sewn incorrectly on the right pant leg so badly that I can't believe it made it past quality control. It's a strong indication that whomever is running the Honduras production for Williamson-Dickie is doing a very poor job of ensuring quality control. In any event, I have returned both pair as defective and will continue to do so until I receive "Made in Mexico."

What a run around....and my wife wonders why I like to order 8 pairs of the same pair of pants when I find something that actually works. Who wants to do this return and wait nonsense all the time just because a clothing manufacturer can't produce a consistent product regardless of the point of manufacture.? Not this freaking guy...

Also, the "Made in Honduras" were a full 5 ounces lighter than the "Made in Mexico", so there's your proof right there that they are skimping on cotton in the Honduras factory and most likely skimping on every other aspect of their production within that facility. What a waste of a factory....
9 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2018
I bought 3 Charcoal and 3 Black for my boyfriend. He's been wearing this same style for years. The first thing he noticed was that they seemed thinner than his old ones. We thought that maybe it seemed thinner because they were packed tightly.

But after washing them and wearing a certain pair once, the back right pocket frayed (so far only 1 of the 6 have done this so maybe it was fluke).

EDIT: From 3 Star to 1 Star
We washed another pair last night (washed once upon arrival, worn ONCE, and then washed last night), and the seams are fraying on this pair too. Definitely not the same quality as before (he has pairs from 4 years ago that are only NOW starting to fall apart). This was also a Charcoal Gray pair.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on September 15, 2016
Fit:
As others stated, you never know which country these are going to come from and that does make a difference in fit. Got these for for my husband, he normally wears a 38x32, but Dickies is notorious for cutting too long, so we ordered these in a 38x30. They fit way to baggy, but decided to wash before sending back. Surprisingly they did shrink up a bit after just one wash and fit much better. Even at a 30 in length, they still are almost too long for him, but they will work.

Quality:
Aside from the fit issues, these pants are perfect. The double knee makes it easier to knell down and make the pants last longer. They are a nice heavy duty material that stand up to many different working conditions.

Overall these are a great pant. Just make sure to understand the fit issues and don't just order your normal size. Also note, these are "Loose Fit" and do look much baggier than the "regular fit". For my husband, Dickies Men's Relaxed Straight Fit Double Knee Work Pant, Dark Navy, 38x30 had a much better looking fit.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
Dickie's Workpants can almost pass for dress pants except for minor details that are only noticeable upon close inspection. However, shallow side pockets and thick belt loops only fit for small belts (I was hoping for belt loops that are same as denim pants) made them less than ideal.

I am a big guy and I ordered 44x30. It is the same fit as other 44x30 Dickie denim I bought earlier, and given it's loose fit, it is indeed loose. The double-thick thigh is reminiscent of other Dickie's carpenter jeans, for example, and seems to wear pretty well.

My nitpicks are in the details. The side pockets feel shallow compared to dress pants. Also, the belt loops are THICK. Rather than a quarter inch wide, they are an inch wide, so most belt loop hook holders won't' work. Also, you can only use regular belts. Wider belts won't work (even though the same belt worked in Dickie's denim). Also, there are a few Dickie's labels that one may want to remove.

On the other hand, the pants are nice and thick, and sleek enough to be mostly wrinkle resistant. There's also a knee-level pocket on the right leg for little stuff like a smartphone. They are excellent work pants.
2 people found this helpful
on September 27, 2017
This is the second pair of these pants I have purchased for my husband. The first pair I purchased on amazon Dec of 2016. No holes or ripped belt loops. They fit him very well. He works outdoors, getting dirty, lifting, bending, etc. He's a 42-34. You will not be disappointed. They are not like the Dickies that are in Walmart that tears after about a month or feels like cardboard. Well worth the money and the sizes are true. No need to order bigger or smaller than you normally wear. Hope this helps anyone on the fence in purchasing one.
3 people found this helpful
on January 27, 2017
I bought four pairs of pants from this seller in 2016. At first they were great. But after two weeks the pants started to unravel around the waist making them impossible to wear. See photos. This happened with each pair. I wear size 38 and use them for daily wear. I don't exercise in them or put the pants through any strenuous use. So I am disappointed in the quality of these dickies pants. I never had this problem with my pants purchases from Sears. Perhaps this seller has a defective batch?
review imagereview imagereview image
5 people found this helpful
on March 29, 2017
The pants are of fair quality, but the sizing is goofy. I read here that I should buy 1-2 sizes larger than normal, or they'd be too snug after shrinking. I did, but they were still too big after washing and drying. I should have stuck to my normal size. I probably won't gamble on these online anymore. I am not a regular dickies wearer, so maybe I just need to buy a few pairs and wash them to know what size I can commit to. Too much investment for what I hoped were going to be inexpensive workpants. One more try and I'll be $50 bucks in, another try and I'll have one pair of $75 dickies for work. No thanks. I wish there was a way to know what size to order before having to wash and dry them... rendering them non-returnable. I hear the country of origin also affects sizing, so who knows how much a proper fit will cost me in the end... and if I can keep buying that same size and receive consistent product. Dickies needs to sort out their manufacturing/sizing inconsistencies. They may not sell as many throw-away pants to suckers, but they'll regain the reputation that made them a household name. Wish they had just fit me. They look nice and durable. Why not preshrink the material and leave out all of this unnecessary guess-work? Ugh.

Edit: I ordered 34 waists and they fit a lot better. Upgrading my review score. These are decent pants once you figure out the sizing.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.