Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 984 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,121 reviews
on September 10, 2016
I bought the original Dickies over the relaxed fit because i didn't want them too baggy but these are way too tight in the legs. i also took advice of previous shoppers and bought 2-3 sizes larger than normal. that being said..... I work for the government and our uniform pants are made from similar material so when i do causal clothed details i wanted something that was the same or i would get lazy and just wear yoga pants. you cannot bend or crouch in these and thats half my job so overall i will have to return them and either exchange for the extra roomy or get a refund. The pants overall seemed like they were made well but if you are doing anything more than standing or sitting you might wanna look into relaxed fit.
on October 27, 2016
The Dickies Original 874 are good quality work pants. However, the ones I received were far too small in the waist. I wear a 34 waist in Levi jeans but knowing the Dickie's run small, I ordered a 36 waist. I had to return them and get a 38 waist. I don't care what the number is as long as I end up with pants that fit but even with free returns it can be a long process. The other issue is that while I couldn't latch the size 36, the size 38 I received has to be cinched with a belt as they would be too big otherwise. According to many other reviews it depends on what country the particular pair of Dickies pants was manufactured in that a customer receives. Some will run extremely small and some will run normal to US sizing. I read of none running too large. I guess it's just a roll of the dice when you order a pair as to where they were made and how they will fit. You would think a large company like Dickies could get a handle on this bad issue.
on May 20, 2017
Thick, durable material. I bought these for my son to wear to work. He's 6'1" & wears a 50X32. They look nice enough to wear as business casual or for hard core outdoor work. He bends and squats a lot during his day at work and he said they don't stretch or give much room, so I bought him a size larger and he said they felt a little more roomy, which helps with his movement at work. I've washed them several times already and they're still pretty stiff. My son is a big man, and I have no worries about these pants ripping or busting a seam while he's wearing them. I'll buy them again, no doubt.
review image
on March 9, 2017
the old reliable, dickies are always great in a pinch for whatever work wear you need. Just be careful im not sure if they changed their sizes again but they run even smaller than they used to. I have an older pair on 874's that are a 44w 32L (dickies always run small i normally wear a 42x32) so i ordered these in a 44w32L, they are WAY too small easily two sizes too small so be careful when you order them
on March 8, 2017
These pants have a great fit and the fabric is very durable. However, they need to be manufactured outside of places like Mexico. I'd gladly pay twice the price for better craftsmanship.

The seams are inconsistent. On one pair the inseam contorts around to the front on the left leg. It looks pretty goofy. Probably botched together different sized pieces of fabric without a care in the world.

Really hit and miss for me. I'd just get them from Walmart unless you need the tall sizes like me.
review image
on November 15, 2016
They seem to run two sizes smaller than others, but I ordered two sizes bigger and they fit perfectly. I like them a little loose and to wear a belt, mostly because my job requires walking around all day and lifting things. I could get these at the store but they never have the size I need or the leg length, it's either the right size and too long or too big and the right length. Amazon has the right pants, and I can get 20 pairs if I want.
on March 11, 2014
Not the best pants in the world but these are Dickies. If you want a pair of "office casual" pants that will last you and are cheap these are it. Wash them a few times before wearing to lessen the "swish" sound they make as you walk and loosen them up a bit.

Like the header says, standard. These pants are pants. You get 2 front pockets and 2 back packets that will fit keys, a wallet, a lighter. Hook snap at waist and zipper fly. Color. I never iron them. Standard wash and dry. If I leave them in the drier too long they come out wrinkled and I just hang them for a day and they come out fine.

I bought these to replace 2 other pairs I have in rotation that I have worn at the office for 3 years now.

Belt loops are a tad tight for thicker leather belt.
on July 6, 2015
I just don't believe these 874's are the exact same 874's I've worn for five decades. The material seems the same but not as much room, not as full a cut. I started wearing these when my waist was 32 or 34? went up a couple inches every few years until now 48x34. I noticed the 'skinnier cutt' in the rear at 46x34
still works, still a great workers pant (though I don't really work any more) just wish the cut was the same as it used to be. Great price, long lasting easiest of care..best pants I know of.
on July 9, 2014
American citizen living in Guatemala City, Guatemala, Central America:

As a younger man (many years ago) I wore Dickies during my SKA two-tone phase. Fast forward many years later, I am now wearing them once again. However, this time for a whole different reason; I simply can't find pants that fit me in this country. Hence, I have turned to a brand that I know and trust.

Dicies 874s work well for me because of their high waist (and a high waist they do have) plus the quality of the material and durablity. Another added bonus is the assortment of colors, once tailored (I'll talk about that in a second) 874s go with everything even with ties and sportcoats which is all I wear. All in all, Dickies 874s are a great pair of pants. Love them, recommend them.

Now as to the four stars. The one real issue with 874s is that the sizes are not consistant. I am a 35 waist but I must buy a size 38 and have them tailored down to fit me cus if I buy 35s I risk having them be too tight which I have and they have.

Hopes my comment along with the other 801 other comments helps.

Best regards,
D. Idaho
on March 7, 2017
I'm actually a 31X34, I'm 6'1" and slim, so I was quite alarmed this didn't fit my waist... at all. I couldn't button it. Any other pants, a 32 would be loose and I needed a looser fit because I was doing some MAJOR outdoor labor, but I couldn't fit these at all.... so I couldn't wear them. The quality seems very nice and sturdy, which is why I gave it 2 stars, but since the size is way too small, I can't give it any more stars because I never had the opportunity to wear it

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.