Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,608 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,668 reviews
on July 7, 2015
Great pants. I have them in both black and gray. The only comment I'd make is that the black color visibly catches dust/lint. My first time wearing these to work, I was folding laundry (white towels & pillowcases) and the lint was all over my pants. Otherwise, nice pants. I like the skinny fit. It is very slim, and I find that the pants are somewhat flexible (although the material is typical Dickies quality). I do a lot of exercises at work as a trainer, and I don't expect to do splits in these pants, but I can sit, squat, kneel, and walk around comfortably in them.
review image review image
on January 17, 2017
I usually wear Dickies Slim Tapered but decided to try these skinny straight.

MATERIAL. The material is much different than their regular work pants. These have more cotton than polyester. The pros of that is the material stretches a little which make these pants very comfortable even though they are skinny. Also I think these pants would breath a little more in hot weather versus their standard pants, which can give me swamp ass if worn in the heat or on my motorcycle.

FIT: The skinny part really is from the knees down. They are really tapered around my calves and ankles. If you are a gym rat and have huge calves these probably won't fit you. There is plenty of room though from the waist to the knees. I've tried skinny type pants before and most have been too tight on the thighs and my butt to be comfortable. These have just enough room. I'm a 34 waist in other brands but for Dickies I always size up to 36. When I got these they seemed way too big. But after washing and drying, they fit perfect.

EXTRAS: The cell phone pocket on the right leg is kind of weird especially with the Dickies tag on it. But I do like it for carrying my pocket knife.

ISSUES: One issue I have with these pants are the material seems to attract dust and dog hair more so than their standard pants. I have two white dogs and their hair seems to cling to these pants. The other problem was the seam on the left leg is not straight. It twists towards the front so I don't think these were sewn straight (see picture attached). I'm sure not all are produced like this but I don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging them.

For the price these are decent pants. I'm willing to try another pair in a lighter color since it attracts dust. I'm hoping the seam in the next pair I get are straight.
on March 13, 2017
I debated giving these pants 3 stars instead of 4, but because of the price, I decided to go with 4.

The good: The fit is great. These are a true slim fit without being nut huggers. (Caveat: You might need to go up a waist size.) They look great in the seat and through the legs. If you are a slender guy, then I highly recommend them. If you have a slender, but muscular frame, they might be too tight. These are better for the ectomorph body type. I would describe these as between Levi's 511 and Levi's 514, being a little closer to the 511s. One tip regarding the fit: You might need to let the pants air dry. These fit me perfectly, so long as I let them air dry.

The bad: If you dry them in a machine, they will noticeably shrink. So if the fit is perfect when you first try them on, then don't put them in the dryer. They will become too tight and everyone will see the outline of your junk.

The colors fade significantly. It doesn't take many washes for the color on these pants to no longer resemble their original richness. (I get that this happens with pretty much all pants, but it's much more extreme with these.) This isn't as big of a deal with colors such as grey or brown, but is quite noticeable with black. Not only that, but if you keep your keys, wallet, phone, etc, in your pockets, you will find that the color in those areas fades even more quickly.

The quality just isn't the same as the originals. I've been wearing Dickies since I was in high school--so 22 years ago--and my first pairs of Dickies lasted me a solid 5 years. Not so with these. Maybe it's because, unlike the originals, it's heavy on cotton and light on polyester. (This is probably why they shrink and lose color much more quickly as well.) Expect nicks and tears to show up much more quickly on these pants.

All in all, if you wear these pants regularly--say 2 or 3 times a week like me--they'll probably last you no more than 6 months. But, they're cheap, so it's a little more acceptable.

The neutral: These pants run a little small in the waist. Even if you are pretty thin, buying your normal waist size may still end up giving you a muffin top. Not only that, but they are very snug through the hips and butt. So if you have a ghetto booty or are lucky enough to be packing heat, you should definitely go up a waist size. (I'm a 30" and go with 31" which works well. Not sure how much change it would be to go from a 32" to a 34".)

The logo is now much more prominent. Instead of placing it above the back pocket, as most brands do and as Dickies used to do, the logo now appears on the phone pocket near the knee. I find this obnoxious. I'm not really into announcing what brand of clothing I wear--Dickies or otherwise--so I carefully remove the logo with an exacto knife.

BONUS: Don't buy the Dickies slim-fitting shorts. Just buy these, take them to a tailor, pay $10, and get them hemmed into shorts. I get mine hemmed at 13" and they sit right at the knee. I've yet to find slim-fitting shorts that are actually slim-fitting in just the right way, so for me, paying the extra $10 to get them tailored is worth it.
on October 15, 2014
In the past years, I've let the 90's fade away and started looking for more tailored clothing that fit my body more. I wear Dickies work pants in the laboratory and I wanted to see how these fit compared to my Levis 511, and Denizen 208 jeans.

The material on these pants feels very nice and is a little different than your normal double-knee, or slim straight Dickies work pant. It feels thinner, and smoother. They are a cotton/poly/spandex blend. Comparing these to my Black Slim Straight Dickies, the fabric fades very quickly on these pants. What was once black is now a dark charcoal. This is unfortunate, because I liked everything about these pants- the fit, the fabric feel, and the original black color. Fit wise, these fit like a skinny chino. They have a small leg opening as well. If you like skinny jeans, and the fit of Levis 510's, you will like these. I am 5' 7", 160 lbs, and I ride my bicycle to work.

My 32x30" pants measured out (these have some spandex, but I did not stretch):

Waist: 17 1/4" (measured flat, across, no sag)
Front Rise: 10"
Back Rise: 14"
Thigh: 11 1/2"
Knee: 8"
Opening: 7"
Inseam: 30"
on August 17, 2016
I used to wear dickies all the time but kinda got over that old school fit.these stretch skinnys with the side pocket are perfect!
on April 8, 2014
I LOVE THESE PANTS. I own almost every our. Make more colors and I'll buy those, too.
on January 7, 2015
I do like Dickie's products. The problem with them is that they are very stiff until you wash and wear them a few times. The downside to this is that they shrink ( even when you follow the proper washing instructions). I am a female that is just under 5'8" and I have a very slender frame. I have a difficult time finding women's pants that fit me properly and that are comfortable. Dickie's make me feel comfortable. I only gave these pants a three star rating because of the following: they shrunk ( of course) but in this case that wasn't a bad thing because they were a bit baggy around my waist. But I do worry about the legs getting too tight now. Also they were a tad short so I had to undo the hem on the bottoms. Now I have to fix them because I have a bunch of strings hanging off. I ordered this particular pair because I thought with them being skinny straight fit they would be a little more fitting on me. My legs, which are slender but a bit muscular, fit into them with little room to spare. I honestly don't know how a man could wear them though. They would be in my opinion too tight unless you have very slender legs. However, the waist was a little baggy. But again I just washed them and they fit better now. I didn't anticipate the crotch being so baggy..but I guess I should've since they are men's pants and they need a bit more room in that area..All in all I will order Dickie's again I just need to find the pair that fits me best. I won't order these again as they don't fit my needs. One more thing is...they attract every bit of dust and dander! Its really annoying because I work retail and it is unbecoming to look dirty when you are in customer service. Oh well, I will keep searching!
on April 1, 2017
I really enjoy these pants - they fit comfortably at the waist (so they don't sag down past me bum) and have great length, so they don't come riding up my calves every time I take a set. I purchased the 32x34 pants at 6'4" 180lbs. They have a nice, stretch "skinny" fit without ever being too suffocating. These are tightest at the calves it feels, with plenty of ankle and crotch room. I particularly like the side pocket on the right leg - it's perfect for my old, brick dumb phone (so I don't get that weird, faded cellphone outline on the outside of my right pocket). Also, probably because they're Dickies, these pants feel very durable. I recommend purchasing these pants.
on April 6, 2017
Cool pants. I really like these pants. Keep in mind they're not like jeans. In my experience jeans are always looser in the waist and legs than what the size said so I got a size smaller than I normally do with these. The waist fits perfect but he legs were super tight. I like them and they look good they just didn't have the little bit of slack I was hoping for. Keep that in mind
on April 14, 2016
I tried these on as soon as they showed up. I'm 33W 34L and there were several things that caused me to send them back. Skinny is really skinny. They were really tight around my calves, too tight for me. The button at the top of the fly was in the wrong place. It was too close to the edge and caused the top of the fly to stick out and reveal the zipper. If it had been another quarter of an inch in, I think it would have laid flat.

Two things I found odd; 1. the pockets were really stiff and could be seen through the fabric;2. there was a little pocket on one of the pant legs by the knee. I don't know what this was for, but it couldn't hold more than a credit card or folded paper. If I was the designer, I would eliminate that pocket, it serves no purpose. Back to the other pockets, my wallet fit in the back fine, keys and anything in the ftont, not going to fit.

Overall, I have running tights that are only slightly tighter than these skinny pants, but they stretch. I can't imagine being comfortable in these pants unless you're really skinny, if you have any muscle, these won't be comfortable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.