Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 29, 2016
Good looking dark blue pants that fit more like dressy pants then work pants. Run a little long in the inseam, a little tight in the waist.
I measured 1 inch more then the inseam size.
Yes they might feel scratchy and stiff but I have not washed them yet. The pockets are particularly stiff. The stiffness and mild roughness of the material is not bad, as long as you are wearing your underwear...
I'm not a slim, skinny hipster guy but I don't look good in baggy pants. I like the slim fit. Could be worn dressed up with nice shoes.

Now the problem I have with these, which I have never experienced before, is that they STINK... I mean they smell like fish.

I tried them on and walking around the house this morning. I kept wondering "What the heck was stinking?" I even thought my dog had done something....or my daughter left something in the garbage...

I took the pants off and put my jeans back on, since I was only trying them on. I brought the pants to work with me so I could see about getting the hem altered. Forgot about the odor as I drove to work and all that.. Later, I turned around at my desk and smelled the fish again... I thought "what the heck stinks?" And I flashed on the pants sitting there.. I smelled them up close and sure enough... They Smell..

I went and showed them to my wife who works for us too, in her office,, and she told me that she has had this happen before with dark blue pants too.. Is that true?
I guess I don't have any other dark blue pants... This is a bummer as I really like the pants... She told me that she looked it up on the web before and people do have this issue with dark pants. Some say you can soak them in vinegar to remove the smell some say the smell lingers on anyhow...

We are gonna try the bathtub with some vinegar idea and see what happens...
=====
** UPDATE 1 week later:
I left them outside on a patio chair for a few days.. It was 55-66 degrees, partly sunny. It rained lightly one night.
(I leave my jeans out in the summer overnight all the time.) After 3 days it appears that the smell is gone.. We are washing them on the cold cycle now and we'll let them dry and If it still smells, I'll report back. If not consider these OK and I may up the rating..
on November 11, 2017
The inseam with all Dickies pants and jeans is longer than you might expect, so a 30 here works where I'd normally order a 32. The problem here was the waist fitting. At 33, this feels smaller than most 32s I've tried on. Fitting through the legs seemed fine, where some Dickies straight leg pants I've tried on seemed ridiculously baggy.

As for materials, I can see this being a durable, but it doesn't have much flexibility from the get-go. The stitching in the waist band is abrasive, so if that sort of thing bothers you, I'd steer clear, or get ready to pull your underwear up real-high. Pocket seams are smoother, so you won't skin your knuckles grabbing your phone, at least.

These were an immediate return for me, so I can't speak for their character after washing.
on May 20, 2017
These pants. Ok so they're not standard sizing (I ordered a 34). Even though I'm in-between a 33/34 at the moment, they squeeze my hips really tight. Waist is bearable. To be honest I think these Dickies are more a slimmer, narrow body fit person. In hindsight I should've bought a 36. So, to make a long story short; buy a size up your normal fit.
on July 1, 2016
Not sure what people are talking about when they say to size up. I did exactly that, and these pants were massive. Im a size 29/30 and these pants made me look like Gilligan from Gilligan's Island. Warning, they flare out on the bottom. So if you like that retro Flare leg cut, have a ball.
on January 18, 2014
I am consistently a W30L32, and these fit me as well as any pair of pants have. They are slim fit so they stay in contact with most of your leg fairly snugly and are something of a hassle to put on- but that's how the fit is. They look good, if you've got quads they'll show, and they're slightly high-waisted, which I find makes them more comfortable and fit better on your butt. Low pants sometimes slide down to where the "waist" is situated directly on your buttocks, which gives them a strange shape and saggy appearance. These pants keep it classy by staying put on your waist.
The material is a little rough, which is good and bad- I like it because they're durable and easy to clean, but they aren't going to gingerly swaddle your tender loins like silken sweatpants. I save those for Thursday nights.
Pockets are relatively accessible and deep enough to be useful. I say relatively accessible because these are slim fit pants, which typically make getting into your pocket a hand-shredding experience worth noting to a therapist.
Bending your knees is made a bit difficult when wearing these babies because they just don't want to let go of your ass. They maintain that classy position stubbornly, so if you're doing deadlifts I recommend Romanians- work on your hamstring flexibility and don't try getting into that horse stance.
on October 6, 2017
Great pants but they are too tight. After some wear and washes it loosens up a bit but their still a bit tight. Get a size bigger than you usually get, or even 2 sizes bigger cause they are really tight at first.
on July 18, 2017
Have always and always will buy Dickies for work. I switched from the original fit to the slim fit to hopefully fix the 'baggy butt' look. These are the perfect fit. Perfect in the waist ...legs..and derier. They are not the 'skinny fit ' look by any means. Have already placed and received my second order.
on August 29, 2016
The cut is not very flattering in these, the legs flare out at the bottom somewhat. Waist was tight on these ones. I had previously ordered a 32 in Dickie's but they were too large so I ordered a 30 and these were too small as well as shorter. The quality was okay, I got some serious fading on the pockets were my phone and wallet was. Holes started to form after a few months of wearing them 3-4 times a week at work. Might work better for a different body type, I'm 6'4" 150 lbs and ordered a 30x34.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 10, 2015
I purchased these larger (width & length) than my real size so i can be comfortable at work and these still look and feel like super skinny jeans. The thigh area is so tight that i feel like i'm wearing leggings. I bought two pairs and they don't fit me nowhere as loose as the stock photo. The butt area on mine is so tight that it looks like i have no butt and my shirt gets un-tucked by itself. The texture of these is also very harsh which makes them even more uncomfortable even after multiple washes. The only good thing i have to say about these is that they are more durable than the original 874's.
on September 6, 2017
It very good. I want to recommend it. Because I put it in the kitchen, it was dirty, full of oil stains. But when cleaning The stain off easily. And the color does not fade. No oil stains from work And the smell stuck. It's different from other pants I've used. not expensive😍😍😍
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.