Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 342 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 374 reviews
on November 4, 2012
I looked everywhere locally for white pants when I started volunteering at the local hospital. No luck anywhere. So I found and ordered these on Amazon and was very happy that they were a bit baggy and long even though this is the size I always get for all pants. They are more durable than painters pants but not as heavy as jeans. They were very comfortable at first until my wife washed them for the first time. The wash and dry methods was the same we use for my jeans and most other clothes. They shrunk over 2.5 inches in length and 1 inch in width, even at the leg. I took pictures comparing a brand new second pair I have, but I can't post them on here on Amazon. But trust me the visible shrinkage is astonishing. While they still barely fit, one more regular wash and dry and they would be done. So I have to add these to the other cold wash and hang dry clothes I have.

If you plan to use hot wash and dry method I strongly suggest you get at least one size bigger and wash them before the first wear. Other than the shrinking issue they fit the bill perfectly for white pants.
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2016
Quality of the pants is good . I have been a painting contractor for the last 20 years , and I have always used dickies pants and shorts . I prefer the relaxed fit over the regular straight leg ones as they are easy to move around in and when they shrink it usually leaves plenty of room to stay flexible .

Now the waist sizing is way off in these pants . Now I know I have put on a couple of pounds over the years but nothing that going up a half of a waist size shouldn't take care of . I am not overweight by any means I may have a little tiny stomach but not much fat on my body at all with relatively skinny legs . I still wear a size 30 up to a 32 waist in most jeans from Levi's to buffalo David and wranglers . I purchased a 32 waist in these dickies painters pants and I couldn't even get them buttoned !!

Most Levi's I purchase a 32 waist in depending on where they manufacture the jeans usually makes a big difference in the waist sizing . Most buffalo David bitton jeans I buy a 30 or 31 waist as they are generously sized in the waist .

As for these dickies I even went up to a 34 waist and they still were so tight I could barely breath with them buttoned , you would have thought that I had spent an entire afternoon at an all you can eat buffet before I tried them on , that's literally how tight they were . They were so tight I was surprised the button didn't pop off and Fly across the room .... Lol .

I ended up having to go up all the way up to a 36 waist which left me some room , this way when they shrink they aren't cutting off circulation around my waist . Now I have to wear a belt with them and they are much baggier in the legs than I would prefer due to having to size up the waist so much . Although it's the only thing I can do because these painter pants shrink when washed and dryed and trust me they shrink a lot .

I remember a few years back these things were sized correctly as I was a 28 waist a few years ago and I use to buy a 30 so I would have the room after they shrunk and they use to fit well . I actually would still need a belt with the 30's but don't mind having a belt at all .Now the sizing is just so way off its amazing , it has to be where they are being manufactured .

So I give them 4 stars for quality and comfort , but they get 1 star for sizing so make sure to order up at least 2 full waist sizes to have room after these pants shrink . Or try them on somewhere before purchasing them .
on April 12, 2017
Great fit, plenty of leg room, good size pockets. very comfortable to wear. I use these for work, where a lot of movement is required.. scaffold, ladders etc... price was decent too. Actually cheaper than many of the "carpenter" style jeans I buy. Will be buying more of these.
You can probably buy a pair for "casual" wear as well, my wife says they look great...
on March 22, 2017
I have bought the cheaper brands and they just dont hold up like Dickies. My husband works in drywall and these ALWAYS hold up the best.
on May 2, 2017
I was hoping for a lightweight pair of pants, but the fabric is heavier than you might think. The pants are advertised as 100% cotton and it states that on the label, but they certainly don't feel like cotton. Maybe it's because they were made in Honduras, but they feel more like a cotton/polyester blend. Hopefully they will soften up more after a few more washes, but for the price paid, I can't complain.
on April 19, 2017
Reminds me of the good old days when these were the pants to wear for everything... not just to work in. They were comfortable then and these are just as comfortable today. Maybe they'll come back into style again as being COOL..... Glad to have them.
on June 14, 2017
Comfy to work in terrible to get paint off of and they are a mess in 2 days. However I do not blame dickies for this.. A fabric should be made or cleaner that helps with this. All in all best painters.pants.you can buy!!
on April 24, 2017
They are very stiff and rough. Even after washing them twice they are still extremely stiff and rough. It took over a week to come in and they are not even comfortable to wear. Very disappointed.
on February 28, 2015
I purchased the 32 x 30, which is my standard size for pants, and these were surprisingly snug. And while I liked the overall fit and look, they seemed to have shrunk a little after washing. At 5' 9" and 147 lbs, this size in similar style pants is typically much looser in the waist and thigh area. The fit was originally good (not quite so loose) and yet after washing them I seemed to have lost some length so that while sitting they are unusually high (not so bad when standing). Also now a little snugger in the waist. Any shorter and they will become unwearable. Note that I did not dry them as I did with my other pants (in which any shrinkage was almost unnoticeable).

I may try a slightly bigger size (overall) or look for something similar in a different brand. While they feel well made, the smaller fit and shrinking is unfortunate.
on May 29, 2012
I have ordered 4 pair of these pants. They work for me very well. There are some variations in them when I order each of them at different times or dates. However the quality has always been good. When I say "vaiations" it is in regard to small differences concerning the making of the pants. Two pair of pants have thicker pocket matterial than the other two pair. Two pair have extra pockets that the other two pair did not have. Two pair have realy deep pockets, and the other two pair have "less" deep pockets. However, the differences are not in any way a problem for my use of the pants. They also shrink when washing the pants and drying them on a clothes line or in the dryer makes no difference. (The pants shrink) My 42 inch waist pants shrank to around 40 inches around the waist. Even when useing cold water the pants will shrink when they dry. So if you wear 40 inch waist size you should buy 42 size waiste.
If 30 inch waist then buy 32 inch waist size or you might be in a tight situation. Great pants over all and good quality.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.