Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 231 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 303 reviews
on June 18, 2017
I think I can speak authoritatively on this subject. I have raised five children just like the author, and I am a CFP® Professional with an MBA in Personal Financial Planning. This book could be a good choice for a young adult who doesn't have the patience or reading comprehension to read a much more complete and better book, like "Get a Financial Life" by Beth Kobliner. Still, this book deserves a single star because of one piece of advice which is criminally bad, to stiff your landlord on your last months rent (#62). Following this advice would set up a young person for a bad credit reference right at the moment he or she needs it most, when applying to rent the next place or buying a first home. It's also dishonest. Why would a father of five give a young person such bad advice? Probably because he banged this book out and got it published before thinking it though completely.
on September 20, 2017
I am a banker and coaching my clients on money management is a big part of my job. I have shared this book with everyone in my office to read and use tips found here to share with my clients. Basic but a good solid read for those that just can't seem to balance their paycheck to their monthly needs and goals.
on April 1, 2017
I really enjoyed this book. The principles are basic but effective.
on September 14, 2015
Great tips and isn't dense at all. Siegal is perfect because he doesn't spend too much time being biased on specific topics. Very impartial but very informative. I will say however that he does talk a lot about saving money, which in the end is the best practice. I highly recommended reading.
on July 15, 2016
This book helped me to talk to my teenage daughters about finance. One daughter was heading off to college, and other had one year of high school left. They both enjoyed the principles.
on December 29, 2014
This is a tremendously informative book. It is great for learning practical information we may have missed in our youth, and filled with great refresher information that we can use and apply every day as adults. This is a phenomenal resource for young adults and older adults alike. It is supremely easy to read, in short bursts of very useful information. You no longer need to be embarrassed by aspects of your finances about which you know little to nothing. Empower yourself with this book!
on June 6, 2016
This book contains pretty generic advise that I had heard/read elsewhere. If you've never read a financial book, it's worth a read. But for the rest of us who are looking for more in-depth advise, I would pass.
on December 5, 2016
This book covers the financial management techniques and some practical wisdom that schools and parents should teach their kids.
on January 2, 2014
I bought this book for my grandson (mid-twenties) as he began his first job as a young architect. He was pondering how much he could spend on rent in Chicago and of course being an accountant I had to make my recommendation. This is not a book for an accountant and only covers the basic rules of how to live financially healthy but for him, beginning a career and life this was a really good first step. It would be a good gift for high school or college graduate.
on May 30, 2015
This book was a very engaging, informational, and easy to read. I am going to reference all of these tips and things to consider when making future financial decisions. Some things I knew, but some things I didn't. Siegel writes as someone with a salary job, however that shouldn't deter one from figuring their own financial situation, and tailoring some of the methods and tools accordingly. Fun, relaxed read.