Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection (Die Hard / Die Hard 2: Die Harder / Die Hard with a Vengeance / Live Free or Die Hard / Decoding Die Hard) [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Disc 2: Die Hard 2: Die Harder Blu-ray
Disc 3: Die Hard with a Vengeance Blu-ray
Disc 4: Live Free or Die Hard Blu-ray
Disc 5: Decoding Die Hard Blu-ray
Top Customer Reviews
Packaging: Book type of disc holder which certainly takes up less room on your shelf. Unfortunately, the pages each separate disc goes into are made of smooth cardboard. Be careful so as not to scratch the disc in any way. While the front page is indented from the back making it a touch easier for you to grab a hold of the disc's edge rather than use thumb and forefinger to grab the playing surface, I still do not like this type of packaging. It is not as horrible as the Raiders of the Lost Arc collection or the even worse, Clint Eastwood 35 Films, 35 Years collection, but this type of packaging is far from ideal.
Die Hard..the original movie in blu ray boasts an excellent video transfer despite a lower Mbps average than the other films. There is a sharp focus and strong contrast in the transfer and no appreciable grain that you would really notice. Colors are realistic and details, even in the darker areas, have depth to them.Read more ›
You already know the movies, so let's get to the overall package.
+ DTS MA on every movie that really reinvigorates the films
+ Good set of extras, not a single feature from the standard DVDs is left out, making you think these are the definitive versions to have
+ Special box saves you space on shelf and keeps discs safe. It's a little bigger than the Planet Earth - The Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray] boxset (without the slipcase).
+ Exactly the same discs as individual releases, so you're not getting gimped versions of the already released BD movies --they're the same.
+ Live Free or Die Hard is a total show-stopper, demo material, A+ reference disc. Both in terms of video and audio, this is one of the best movies to showcase what High Definition is all about (and the movie itself is a great ride, btw)
- In the first three movies, both subtitles and dubs in spanish are CASTILLIAN, not Latin American. Why on earth did FOX included castillian dubs/subs on an AMERICAN, region locked disc, goes beyond me. They should know by now that most latin people HATE the castillian dubbing, specially when these movies have such great voice acting. Granted, I always prefer to watch movies in their original languaje w/subs, but there's always the chance to borrow or watch the movie with people that prefer to hear it in their own language. Even the regionalized castilian subtitles are distracting. This is not a problem on the 4th movie.Read more ›
When I think Blu-ray, I expect high quality video and sound, otherwise there is no point to buying a blu-ray version of an already existing dvd.
The first two movies, Die Hard 1 & 2 from the 80's, look terrible visually. FOX did a horrible job in re-mastering these for blu-ray, or they did not re-master them at all. It is possible they used the regular dvd's and just up-converted them without remastering/restoring them digitally. Sound is decent. The third film, Die Hard with a Vengeance is more recent from the 90's, but it doesn't look great. The fourth film does look good and sounds great, but it would be more convenient to just purchase the fourth film as a blu-ray version and get the first three on regular DVD if you don't own them already. You would save a lot more money and you would be getting the same thing as this box set here. FOX definitely messed up with this whole set.
UPDATE: If the price does drop under thirty and you don't own any of these movies, the set is worth purchasing. If you already own the movies on DVD, the upgrade isn't worth the price. Wait for a new remastered version to be released in the future. Many shots are soft in Die Hard 1 and Die Hard 2. It's hard to believe that the films were shot this way with the focus so soft.
Updated to three stars after rewatching the films multiple times again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
No good at all. Discs did not play. The indication was because it was out of Region. Refund was denied unless the quad had the initial wrappings. Read morePublished 1 month ago by David J Easton
The live free or die hard is the pg 13 edition. Not even an option to play the unrated version. Totally screws the flow of the die hard experiencePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Also Watched on Amazon Video
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles