Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Died of Love
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$4.45

on October 29, 2012
I was only vaguely aware of Amy LaVere's music until a couple months ago, when I saw her open for Todd Snider. As much as I like Mr. Snider, which is quite a bit, I would have been happy if it were a split bill and Amy played longer.
I picked up her new LP, Stranger Me, at the show and then started collecting her older work. I've found that aside from Stranger Me, this EP (Died of Love) is my favorite work of hers. If you listen to her albums in chronological order you realize she has evolved from straight Americana, and now incorporates several different genres into her music. Most notably on this and Stranger Me are the prominent electric guitars with their rock/pop influence. Personally I love that. Purists may bitch about it, but like Hunter Thompson noted, that's what purists do; they bitch.
on March 27, 2013
I moved and had not dhanged my address so the CD went to the old address and was returned to them..received an email that it had been returned...and then it was sent to my new address without charging me additional postage. Very nice service..can't ask for anything better than that!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 20, 2015
I like it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
the product was in perfect condition, just a cardboard sleeve but unmarred. The content is LaVere at her most intoxicating thanks in part to the muscular guitar and percussion finesse of her band. Her other stuff is good but this is great!