- File Size: 3958 KB
- Print Length: 187 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: SoundBodyLife (July 28, 2015)
- Publication Date: July 28, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B012YKIVYK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#605,320 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #2168 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living
- #2381 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- #2392 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
The Diet Myth: Mistakes That Are Making You Fat and Simple Secrets to Weight Loss; Lose Weight and Keep it Off Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I also like how the author discusses the dangers of fasting, even going as far as writing about blood sugar levels and abrupt changes in the body. The part about how alcohol affects the body and how it’s different between men and women was briefly mentioned, but it is here that I really would have liked for the author to expand on the topic. I know that alcohol processes in the body of a woman differently than a man, but I was left wanting more specifics.
The breakdown of the concept of organic was a great addition. The fact that the author covered the use of aspartame in great detail makes this book work the read. I also noticed that smoking was examined, but I didn’t see any kind of warning to tell the reader that while to quit smoking is the healthiest option, to do so is to risk gaining several pounds. I’ve just quite smoking myself and I know this to be true because everything starts tasting better when you quite smoking. You also try to busy yourself instead of smoke and that can lead to snacking. Recommending to quit is excellent, I just think that little warning should have been in the book somewhere.
I loved the section explaining common labeling and how advertisers use words to get people to buy things, sometimes that aren’t so healthy for them too. The only major disappointment I had was I would have loved more recipes, and the ending seemed to leave like a big cliffhanger or something. I was again left wanting more instruction, guidance, or even inspiration.
All in all, a great read and will certainly serve as a great foundation for anyone looking to get healthier and make wiser food choices.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living