Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on May 19, 2014
First of all I want to start with saying I am a long time fan of the Dr. My premise is she must be doing some thing very right. I am a long time watcher of my own weight because I want to be healthy and happy. I am only 5 feet 1 inch so I think she can probably handle more food Than I can. I have been experimenting with protein drinks, leaving bread out, and deserts,but I hate water, so am finding a hard time trying to find a substitute for my liquid without going for the diet drinks. what would Nancy recommend? I've always had to watch my food intake from about age 27 to 30. I am 140 pounds. I have 5 children. I was raised on a horse, not on a bike. I desperately need to weigh less. I am 76and 1/2. I cook for my husband who is 81 with Parkinson's. He doesn't't like the normal foods he used to. It is hard. I also have health problems but try to walk for one half hour 5 days a week. My sincere compliments to Nancy for all of this great information. great job. my what a tremendous amount of every thing you have given this effort. sincere thanks. I am willing to give it my best, but have to figure out the liquid challenge. I don't drink coffee, tea, hard drinks, wine, ! There must be some answer.
Thanks Nàncy.
Ella Miller. Artbyell@sbcglobal.net.
on November 26, 2014
Good book. Overall, the book provided good inputs that anyone can take into consideration. In summary, not all fat is bad and the book explains what are good fats; not all carbohydrates are bad and the book filters out bad carbohydrates. The book also illustrates benefits of exercise, good protein, fiber rich food, etc. At times, it appeared a bit confusing to keep up with the back-and-forth between truths and myths.

It would have been very useful to have a summary chapter at the end that clearly laid out what is good vs. what is bad, in terms of Fat, Carbohydrates, Protein, Vitamins, Minerals (yes, supplemental vitamins that are available OTC are generally useless or even bad).
on January 26, 2015
Fast delivery and excellent price!
on May 31, 2010
Here is a diet book that is not actually a diet book. Just change your lifestyle and forget some of the myths about losing weight that you have been told before. Very informative and a quick read.
on September 12, 2009
I've read only a few diet books in my time but never lost any weight as they aren't easy to follow. Nancy's book is easy to read and it's very logical. I've lost 20lb with very simple diet changes and I'm not starving. Everything she says is stuff I already knew but for soem reason it just clicked.
on June 15, 2009
I found this book to be very helpful. I had wondered about several issues over the years and Dr. Snyderman helped me understand finally about some of them. Good read