Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Diet and Nutrition: A Holistic Approach
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Dr Ballentine is an unique writer , very broad minded, a lot of experience and a good sense of humor.
When I bought the book a long time ago I saw that he was far more knowledgeable then most of the medical world i was familiar with.
A real must for anyone who don't want to get "dizzy" by all the "food-fads".
A later book is Radical healing, but I would certainly purchase the first one [as well]
on December 18, 2013
This book replaces an original first edition which I purchased many years ago. It offers a unique and common sense perspective to the nutrition fad which has hit the western world in the last 20 years. It draws from a variety of foreign cultures that offer a wealth of tried and tested principles regarding nutrition. It will contradict some commonly accepted myths relating to diet. It is a must read for anyone that wants a broad perspective on a topic that is characterized by sensational sound bites and popular opinion that are not necessarily based in fact.
on March 1, 2007
I first read this book in the mid 80s. I've owned at least 10 copies, I've given them all away. Now I need more. Sheds the light of simple truth on nutrition and diet, dispels fads, confusion and ignorance. Everyone who eats ought to read this book.
on March 12, 2013
We can never learn or know enough about diet and nutrition. Our very longevity depends upon our intake of proper nutrition in all it's forms. This book is a font of helpful information that will guide us in the direction of better living through better health.
on July 25, 2016
WOW! I didn't expect this book to be so interesting! It's sucked me in with the studies and statistical data. I am often disappointed when it comes to this subject because most books are based mostly on opinions but this book includes data. I can now have a conversation about this topic and cite studies and data, and I can then research those studies further.
on December 20, 2015
This book touches on the most basic aspects of food as well as more specific topics for discussion such as how diets are changing with time, what processed foods do to the body, what the deal is with cow's milk, and much more. Anyone can learn much from this well constructed volume. Happy to say this book will find its home permanently on my bookshelf.
on May 15, 2010
This book is incredible! The information is so meticulous yet so easily explained! If you want to know more about what goes in your mouth and how your body responds to it, read this book! It is as old as I am but has, still, an outstanding relevance! Much info. I am sure has been updated but the basics are still the same and some of the things they knew back then (food and health issues) have proven them correct by exploding! Read it! (Shipping was quick on this book, as always through Amazon, and of course, prices for item and shipping were great!)
on May 30, 2014
Excellent text book for anyone interested in nutrition and the way the cells create the energy we need for everyday processes and associated health. This pre-owned book was in great condition and I am more than happy with my purchase through Amazon.
on July 20, 2013
This book was given to me as a text reference for my course. It's dated (late 70's) but clear and really brings you along in a comforting manner. I was pleasantly surprised by the integration of spiritual practices that the author discusses as imperative for optimal health. Compassion and a joyful mind makes the best out of all activities! Academia and beyond.
on April 6, 2016
This book is extremely outdated. This doesn't mean it's completely worthless, but I'd like to find a more updated book. This author wrote in a time when cows milk was still the greatest thing. I gave it two stars due to the older studies mentioned, as well as the information regarding the correlation between processed flours/sugars and periodontal disease.