Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "The Difference Maker: Making Your Attitude Your Gr...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 67% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Difference Maker: Making Your Attitude Your Greatest Asset Hardcover – Large Print, August 27, 2006
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
About the Author
John C. Maxwell, the #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach, and speaker who has sold 25 million books, is called America’s #1 leadership authority. In 2014, Maxwell received the Mother Teresa Prize for Global Peace and Leadership from the Luminary Leadership Network, and was named the world’s most influential leadership expert by Inc. and Business Insider. His organizations—The John Maxwell Company, The John Maxwell Team, and EQUIP—have trained more than 5 million leaders in 188 countries. For more information visit JohnMaxwell.com.
Top Customer Reviews
My manager gave this book to everyone in his district because market and external forces were creating a difficult working environment. This book helped many of us get through that time and still reach our goals.
John Maxwell is right: attitude is definitely 'the difference maker.' But instead of merely saying so, Maxwell shows you how to discover the basics of your own personality (you may be surprised!) and then move forward, changing your perspective in order to achieve better results.
This book is a bargain at twice the price: buy one for yourself and every member of your leadership team. Read it together: you'll learn a lot!
Dr. David Frisbie
The Center for Marriage & Family Studies
Author of Happily Remarried: *Making Decisions Together *Blending Families Successfully* Building a Love That Will Last
The Influence of Attitude
1. "The Difference Maker" is a book about attitude.
In this book, Maxwell explains how our attitudes affect our daily lives and the lives of others. Maxwell defines attitude as an inward feeling expressed by outward behavior (p-3).
2. Maxwell is a renowned leadership expert and speaker who currently operates his own leadership company called Enjoy. Interestingly enough, Maxwell served as a Religious Minister before deciding to focus his primary effort on leadership. Businesses, governments, and many other organizations have sought him out to have him share his leadership expertise and philosophy. John has authored dozens of top selling leadership books.
3. Maxwell does not disguise the fact that he is a Christian, and he does an artful and respectful job of tying in his faith into "The Difference Maker" in a purposeful way.
4. "The Difference Maker" describes how twists and turns of life have an interesting way of dealing people a variety of circumstances. Maxwell talks about how many of these situations that occur are far beyond our control and that there is very little we can do to regulate the outcome.
5. Maxwell explains how some people are blessed with certain abilities while others are not. Some people are born with a higher degree of intellect or outstanding athletic abilities. Someone may be a gifted artist or have an uncanny ability to remember things. Maxwell explains that regardless of a person's natural abilities or inabilities, the one thing that each person has is complete control of their attitude.
6.Read more ›
I enjoyed this book. Would I say it's changed my life radically? No, because I haven't made any purposeful application of it yet. Although it's easy for me to say that I know attitude makes a difference, it's nice to be reminded about how and why that is and I felt John did that very well. I found it refreshing that he states up front that while attitude can be a game changer, it's not everything. It changes the way we approach an issue. The book is, of course, a great reminder about the ways in which it is and can be but Maxwell demonstrates with examples why that is. I especially found his chapters on fear and failure to be insightful, especially when he discusses self-sabotaging behaviors that people commit.
In my opinion, if you sense or have ever been told that you need to change your attitude, you may want to start helping that by reading this book. Granted, it won't turn your world upside down but there are a lot of things in it I found to be thought-provoking about my own attitude and its affects on how I respond to challenges in life.
The book is best gone through in multiple sittings. Breeze through it once and revisit. You will be able to pick up more messages. If you have been facing adversities in life, I would recommend this as a strong read. It emphasizes that life is a journey and not a destination.
In SAARC Countries, you would be able to get a specially priced reprint from Pearson Power.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a great book, easy to read and understand, everything I had hoped it was!Published 4 months ago by JoAnn D Watkins
As in all of Maxwell's books, there is a specific tone about them, but this one is as thought-provoking as ever. Read morePublished 6 months ago by E. Gibbons
John delivers leadership and follower support and provides clear messages in all his works! Excellent read!Published 8 months ago by Bo
The short book is all about changing your attitude. "It's not what happens to you it's how you react to it" is the premise. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Leslie Kowitz
Required reading for seminary class but this is a very boring book.Published 10 months ago by J. Fulloon