Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on January 5, 2007
I actually ENJOY reading this book. It's as concise as many other books on differential diagnosis, but the information isn't presented in list form or with bullet points (of course, there are some lists, but overall the book is almost conversational... like the transcript of an information-packed lecture by a doctor with lots of clinical experience). Personally, I have a hard time remembering boring, dry lists; I need details to help me flesh out a medical picture in my head so I'll remember it well enough to apply its lessons when I see an actual patient.

I absolutely couldn't recommend this book more highly. It's jam-packed with clinical pearls and is immensely valuable as a virtual mentor. Reading it is like going on rounds with a physician who's been practicing for decades.
on November 28, 2008
This book is a must have for clinicals. It really helps you focus in on the key differential diagnoses for each complaint and helps you focus in on the key questions and exams to include to arrive at the right conclusion.
on May 23, 2011
I am currently in a Family Nurse Practitioner program and wished to have an additional resource to help me in developing differential diagnoses. I am pleased with my purchase. It was recommended to me by one of my instructors who had a previous edition and used it extensively.
on January 29, 2010
This book does not come with Online Student Consult even though it says it does on this Amazon page. I made Elsevier aware of this and they are taking action to correct this misinformation.
on July 29, 2013
I first saw this book in graduate class for my nurse practitioner degree, and continue to use updated editions after many years of practice. Clearly organized, concise yet fully explanatory in steps for making a differential diagnosis.
on August 4, 2013
This item came highly recommended by an online source and I can truly say, that this was a very good investment. Although purchased used, it was in excellent condition and was shipped in the time frame promised
on February 4, 2011
This book is an good review of symptoms, as it is fairly concise. However, it is confusing at times for each symptom, combining so much information. the charts are great, but sideways in the book, so you have to turn the book sideways & figure out how to hold it open to view the charts.
on September 25, 2016
Great book for nurses to be prepared with what data the MD will need when you speak with him/her.
on January 22, 2015
Item is as described and is reasonable price. Shipping was fast and is in good condition.
on January 28, 2017
Briefly used as study guide after graduation but before board prep.
Useful!