- Paperback: 385 pages
- Publisher: Paleo Media Group; 1 edition (April 15, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0988717204
- ISBN-13: 978-0988717206
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 8.5 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (167 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #93,494 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Digestive Health with REAL Food: A Practical Guide to an Anti-Inflammatory, Nutrient Dense Diet for IBS & Other Digestive Issues Paperback – April 15, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Titles for medical residents
Featured Lippincott resources for medical residents. See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
Agla e Jacob, M.S., R.D., has had a lifelong interest in the connection between food and health, and her personal health struggles led her to deepen her knowledge in the field of digestive health. She offers personalized, holistic nutrition counseling to clients around the world, specializing in digestive health, blood sugar regulation and fertility. She obtained her Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Nutrition from Laval University in Qu bec City, Canada.
About the Author
Aglaée Jacob, M.S., R.D., has had a lifelong interest in the connection between food and health, and her personal health struggles led her to deepen her knowledge in the field of digestive health. She offers personalized, holistic nutrition counseling to clients around the world, specializing in digestive health, blood sugar regulation and fertility. She obtained her Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Nutrition from Laval University in Québec City, Canada.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Then Aglaee announced her upcoming book release and i will be honest, I thought for a moment, "What more could I learn in a written book? I've already learned SO much from her/the group...I'm sure it's all just review for me". But then i decided i had learned so much from her, I'd very much like a book so that i could share the info with others who asked me about my recovery/gut health, so I ordered it. I will tell you quite honestly that this book did not just meet my expectations, it FAR surpassed them. I skimmed the entire LARGE book the first night it arrived...believe me, it was worth a late bedtime that night! Then, starting the next day, I read the book...again, this is a FULL book, a LARGE book! Now, i'm half way through re-reading it. That's three times through and i'm learning more EVERY time.
A few of the things that work so well for me in the book (and there are many...but for the sake of space i'll just name a few!):
1) Some of the most easy to follow charts for fast reference that i've ever seen. Keeping in mind, I was already in love with Practical Paleo for the charts it had, this one goes far beyond.
2)The way reading it feels like i'm having a conversation with a friend about the issues. Literally i can be reading about the benefits of probiotics and in the back of my mind thinking, "yeah...but i've reacted to many of them" and then in the very next sentences Aglaee will acknowledge and discuss how/why some folks react to probiotics, even though they are often suggested early on to folks with gut issues. The same thing for fermented foods, bone broth, and even the various foods higher in FODMAPS. She gets it, that it's NOT a one size fits all tx approach for gut recovery.
3) She is practical. There is never a condeming feeling in the book for when you fall off the wagon/have a lapse in your food plan. She acknowledges it happens, is compassionate, and moves on to what to do about it.
4) There's no hiding in the book/how it's written as you read it that she's been there, been through the trenches of an elimination diet and working slowly back to building her own diet for optimal gut health. It's like reading a book on pregnancy...do you REALLY want to read a book from a man on how your body will feel/handle pregnancy when he never could have experienced it? Same thing here...reading from someone who has felt the ongoing stomach issues and has had to exert her own time, energy, patience to re-build her gut...to experience bad food reactions and continue to move forward, it is a comfort and understanding in sharing info/education that only comes from having been there and knowing what it feels like.
5) Beautiful pictures and recipes that you can actually use as you're reintroducing foods (plus tips for how to continue to keep out potentially problematic foods and still use her recipes). Word has it that a correlating cookbook with additional recipes will be out later this year, I'm guessing that will be just as awesome and on my wish list as well!
I tried Gluten Free eating...it was not enough for my gut...I tried Paleo and it was not enough for my gut...I tried SCD and it still had triggers in it for my gut. A random night of googling out of frustration/despair/and ongoing gut issues and i found/tried Aglaee...then i started making true progress.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This book should be in every GI doc's office-it could save a lot of time, money, and anguish!
April 2016: I would like to update this review. I have been on this diet for close to a year now, and am still totally cured of my gut issues! And now, I have noticed a new benefit. I was admiring my new pedicure today, and suddenly noticed that the skin condition I'd suffered from my whole life-granuloma annulare-was gone from my ankles! What?! I started tearing off my clothes and checking my shins, knees, wrists, firearms, elbows, back, etc., and all GONE!! Unbelievable! I've seen so many dermatologists, and tried so many medications, and finally given up. And suddenly this! There is no other explanation than the diet! In my whole life, with all the treatments, it's never gone away till now. Thank you Aglaee Jacob!