Digimon - The Movie
Deal of the Day: Select DC titles on Blu-ray and DVD
Save on featured DC Comics titles including all season 1s of The Flash, Arrow, and Gotham. This offer ends at 11:59:59 PM (PT) on July 25, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Music video "Kids in America" by Len
Top Customer Reviews
The first movie is approximately 10-15 minutes long and details what happened four years before the first season of the show. Tai and his sister Kari see a digi egg exit from their computer screen and a small Digimon is born. Kari becomes attached to this creature. Eventually, the Digimon digivolves to Greymon and protects the city from Parrotmon.
The first movie has it's moment. Young Kari is adorable and even in young Tai we already begin to see Tai the leader of the Digidestined that we see in the first season of Digimon. The friendship between Kari and Agumon also adds a touching element to the story. It's almost heartbreaking when, after the Digimon disappears, Kari yells out, "Don't you wanna play with me anymore?"
We fast forward four years later. The second movie takes place after the first season of the show. It's unclear exactly when. Izzy, one of the Digidestined, joins with Tai to try and defeat this strange Digimon who is invading the internet. With the help of their Digimon, Agumon and Tentomon, they try to battle this strange Digimon. But this Digimon keeps digivolving at an accelerated rate. So Izzy contacts the other Digidestined and manages to get Matt and TK to help along with their Digimon...Patamon and Gabumon. Agumon and Gabumon are able to digivolve to their Mega level...and eventually join together and defeat this evil Digimon....or so they think...
The second movie has a lot of action...but every few minutes, the action goes down a bit so we can have some humor.Read more ›
Movie 2, aka Part 2, takes place after season 1. Izzy (Koushiro) discovers a DigiEgg on the computer. It hatches in to a baby digimon, and begins to eat up data on the internet. Soon, people from all over the world are watching the battle between Diaboromon (strongest level of digimon) on their computers. Even Yolei (Miyako) from season 2 at a young age appears, sending e-mails along with other kids to Tai, Izzy, Matt (Yamato), and T.K. (Takeru). Eventually, they beat Diaboromon.
Movie 3 takes place during season 2. Davis (Daisuke), Yolei, Cody (Iori), T.K. and Kari are hanging out at a beach. Davis, Yolei, and Cody are all new Digidestined, mind you. They meet Willis and his Digimon Terriermon. He had twin Digimon, Terriermon and Lopmon, but Lopmon ran away and grew up confused and evil. Now Lopmon, aka "Endigomon", tells Willis to "go back", as Willis comes from Colorado. WIllis created Diaboromon when he wanted three Digimon instead of two. But, when he made Diaboromon, a virus infected him and so started movie 2. But, they cut out HALF OF THIS MOVIE in the American version. Endigomon originally captures the old Digidestined in order to find Willis. THEY CUT THIS OUT! HALF OF THE MOVIE! But, it was so cool, my grandparents even liked it! "Kids in America" by Len is playing during the credits. PRODIGIOUS MOVIE! I also have a movie clip of the cut scenes in Japanese. PRODIGIOUS MOVIE!
It's SO COOL!!!
As many people know, this movie is from 3 seperate OVAs (which are Japanese movies that last an hour or less) that came out and took place before the series started, six months after the 1st season, and sometime during the second season (like several weeks after they defeated the Digimon Emperor.)
The only bad thing about this movie is that they completely re-wrote the script and rearranged the scenes so it looks like all 3 OVAs are linked together, and they cut out more than 40 minutes of the original films. Let's name a few of the parts that were cut/edited.
1. Tai, Matt and the other old digidestined were kidnapped by Kokomon in the 3rd movie.
2. Kokomon was not really attacked by the virus.
3. In the first movie, Tai and Kari didn't know, or were not well aquainted with the other digidestined.
4. Izzy didn't get an email from Willis, just some other kid.
5. Davis, Yolei and Cody, hitchhiked all the way to America.
6. Terriermon's original in-trainig name is Gummimon.
7. 'Kokomon' was dancing earlier on in the 3rd movie, not at the end (which would have made a lot more sense.)
8. Willis's name is originally Wallace. He also really lives in New York.
9. In the first movie, Koromon and Greymon never talked.
10. I'm not Indonesian, I'm American.
To find out about other stuff that they cut out, go to websites like ... or .... Anyway it's still a good movie. And for those of you who wonder why Agumon was so big in the first movie, I'm not going to tell. They made a 4th movie to Digimon which has Ken in it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was really cool to find this little piece of my childhood for such a nice price. The disk itself wasn't scratched and the pamphlets were intact so I was very pleased to get this... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Best Movie ever not even joking!, It's actually two films in one. I also loved Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth UnlockablesPublished 3 months ago by Bernardo
The grandkids loved it. Got it for them for Valentine's. It wasn't real fast in shipping but got there just in time so all was fine.Published 5 months ago by Cheryl Jerabek
Boyfriend loved his gift! Always told me he wanted a copy of his childhood movie and I finally bought it for him and was at such an awesome price!! Thank u :)))Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
You shouldn't be aloud to sell scratched DVDs I got this as a gift so it's too late to return it now. But this movie worked for the first 20mins then kept jumpingPublished 7 months ago by Colton smith
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Also Watched on Amazon Video
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > 4-for-3 DVD
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Kids & Family > Family Features
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General